why console games seem that have more sales than pc games?

just saw a post on a Chinese forum. It said that for all of the video games sale on all platforms, console versions always have more sales than pc versions. So we assume that console gamers are more than pc gamers for most of the time. So which side do you guys prefer and how do you think about all-platform games sell more on consoles?

that post said American and European people seem normally can get about several thousand dollars income, a pc costs several hundred dollars or even thousand dollars seems not such a big deal, is that true for most of you?

Edited by jxing2
add additional information

because console peasants don't have much variety, so instead of buying those PC gamers play MMOs and games like CSGO.

I play on a console but am not biased, but I think they sell more because it's easier for people who don't even know about pc gaming besides flash games and minecraft and stuff. Either that or it is easier for them to go to the store, buy a console, go home, and plug it in instead of having to build a pc. I bought a console because that's all that I could afford and i don't have the patience to save money. So in conclusion it's just easier for them so there are more consoles and therefore more people buying games.

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

Do you mean like for example "GTA V  PC sales vs console sales" because a part reason is the PC just has so much more games, and a lot of free ones.  Besides AFAIK PC game sales are past console game sales:

https://www.cnet.com/news/playing-games-on-the-pc-is-making-a-comeback/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/27/pc-dominated-worldwide-game-revenue-in-2015

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/01/dont-look-now-but-the-pc-is-the-worlds-biggest-gaming-platform/

Im not biased, heck I still have my PS3, but I prefer PC anyday,  I <3 4K

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

Very simple because its much more readily available for PC users to play pirated games. Always will be more money in console's for that reason alone, closed proprietary system that involves more steps on the end-user part to use pirated content. And the initial cost of the console itself and how simple it is to setup for the average consumer. Things like steam has helped out a lot though with people actually buying games. 

Thermatake Tower 900 Build
Intel® Core™ i7-7700K @5.3GHz -2AVX / ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX + EK-FB ASUS M9A Monoblock 
ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI 11Gb @2114MHz/5780Mhz / DIMM.2 970 EVO 2TB NVMe PCIe M.2 x2 RAID 0
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 80+ PLATINUM / Hisense 65" H9 Plus 4k HDR

Consoles have greater accessibility all around, and will probably always have at least marginally higher sales than their PC counterparts.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

pirated games for PC. also console game works on any consoles that supports it while triple A pc games wont run on potato machine. 

2 hours ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

I play on a console but am not biased, but I think they sell more because it's easier for people who don't even know about pc gaming besides flash games and minecraft and stuff. Either that or it is easier for them to go to the store, buy a console, go home, and plug it in instead of having to build a pc. I bought a console because that's all that I could afford and i don't have the patience to save money. So in conclusion it's jus easier for them so there are more consoles and therefore more people buying games.

you also don't have to worry about hardware being powerful enough or mess about with graphics settings. Games for consoles are highly optimised due to the fact there is only one set of hardware code for rather than different mount of cores, speed and ram for the cpu or core speed, memory amount/speed or even multiple gpus.

every console is equal

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

2 hours ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

I play on a console but am not biased, but I think they sell more because it's easier for people who don't even know about pc gaming besides flash games and minecraft and stuff. Either that or it is easier for them to go to the store, buy a console, go home, and plug it in instead of having to build a pc. I bought a console because that's all that I could afford and i don't have the patience to save money. So in conclusion it's jus easier for them so there are more consoles and therefore more people buying games.

Ive have 3 gaming desktops and 1 gaming laptop over the last 12 or so years. ive always loved PC gaming graphics being so much better i love high end stuff.

But 95% of my gaming is done on consoles because Online i want to play with my friends so many regular people that game use consoles  its so much nicer and simpler to get 5 or 6 people to hop on an xbox and join a chat and or play together its like 4 buttons away.  when some range from barley computer illiterate to very knowledgeable its just easier overall.

The community is so much larger. Buy Gears 4 for PC you cant even play competeive online just because theres no one playing xbox has absolute no problem whatsoever 

I have owned 360 ps3 ps4 & Xbox one on top of the PCs i dont game nearly as much as it sounds but as many on here are im addicted to tech haha.   

You need to note that console's include 3 manufacturers, and possibly 2 gens of each. Thats 6 consoles vs single PC platform. When you can get console for $300-450 everything but TV included vs budget gaming PC (just tower) for $400-600, its no wonder that the shear amount of devices will keep console game sales up. While PCs aren't dying, many games rely on gamers buying ones and spending rest on DLCs, digital swag etc. When with consoles it still more about full game experiences.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, jxing2 said:

that post said American and European people seem normally can get about several thousand dollars income, a pc costs several hundred dollars or even thousand dollars seems not such a big deal, is that true for most of you?

It's still a "big deal," but for most adults with jobs in the U.S. or much of Europe it's not a hardship to buy a PC for $700–1000 or so and keep it upgraded every couple of years. The relatively large upfront cost of a PC probably affects the demographics of PC ownership, though, which in turn probably affects the types of games that are popular on PC. There probably aren't many parents buying gaming PCs for their kids, for example… that type of buyer is likely to get a console instead.

I think there may just be a big numerical advantage in favor of gaming consoles, so naturally most types of games that have any popularity with console owners will have larger sales figures than the PC versions of those games. PC game sales are still pretty big and growing, and apparently still sell well enough to make publishers happy. I haven't heard of a publisher citing poor sales figures to refuse to develop for PC, at least not recently.

On 2/14/2017 at 0:39 PM, tmcclelland455 said:

Consoles have greater accessibility all around, and will probably always have at least marginally higher sales than their PC counterparts.

That right there sums it up.

Easy of use will always trump something that requires more setup on the end user's part.  People like being lazy; it is the whole reason why people will pay for convenience.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 2/18/2017 at 9:05 AM, Ithanul said:

That right there sums it up.

Easy of use will always trump something that requires more setup on the end user's part.  People like being lazy; it is the whole reason why people will pay for convenience.

Accessiblity/Ease of Use, the key parts of what clients tend to need in terms of projects.

And in all seriousness, will children be responsible enough to handle a gaming PC? Sure we'd give them the low-mid end ones, but some cases those kinds of PCs can't maintain the graphics standard that consoles enjoy from standardization and optimization... and they can be left out of the newest games if the specs can't hit the minimum.

Spoiler

Primary PC - Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 w/ 8GB RAM and HDD to SSD upgrades - Multi-Purpose / Light Gaming Laptop

Aurelia Null Box - Custom Gamer-Developer Hybrid Desktop PC: Link Below (Intel Core i7 6700, RX 480)

9 hours ago, Aereto_Compuru said:

Accessiblity/Ease of Use, the key parts of what clients tend to need in terms of projects.

And in all seriousness, will children be responsible enough to handle a gaming PC? Sure we'd give them the low-mid end ones, but some cases those kinds of PCs can't maintain the graphics standard that consoles enjoy from standardization and optimization... and they can be left out of the newest games if the specs can't hit the minimum.

True be this.  Even when dealing with people that are using computers.  Deal with the majority of end users on computers, you learn super quick why most users don't use computers beyond web browsing, social media, and streaming.

Right now having the fun of setting up a network and client PCs.  Next week going to be an all so fun time with users. /s

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

15 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Right now having the fun of setting up a network and client PCs.  Next week going to be an all so fun time with users. /s

The feeling when I know my Major deals with businesses and clients and my concentration is the administrator for databases, where anything can go downhill real fast if things go wrong. Considering I took project management and system analysis/design, the end goal is meeting the needs of the users while being aware of the stakeholders that require some serious documentation to ensure both sides hold up their end of the deal.

Spoiler

Primary PC - Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 w/ 8GB RAM and HDD to SSD upgrades - Multi-Purpose / Light Gaming Laptop

Aurelia Null Box - Custom Gamer-Developer Hybrid Desktop PC: Link Below (Intel Core i7 6700, RX 480)

On 14/02/2017 at 5:36 PM, jxing2 said:

just saw a post on a Chinese forum. It said that for all of the video games sale on all platforms, console versions always have more sales than pc versions. So we assume that console gamers are more than pc gamers for most of the time. So which side do you guys prefer and how do you think about all-platform games sell more on consoles?

Because console games die out faster i still play games from 2008 because mods and stuff, plus on pc we have family share so i share a lot of my games with mates and they return so i have around 1200 gbp worth of games but after the steam sales i only 103 for all my games.Also some people use humble bundle and i dont think when code are redeemed they count as a purchase.

Because Peasants let enslave themself by Sony and buy every copy/paste BS.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1. People don't like using the mouse and keyboard
  2. You don't need to build a console, or know what to look for when buying one from a store
  3. The regular PC upgrades over the course of 6 years cost more than the consoles
  4. Easier local multiplayer
  5. When your friends have a console, you are more likely to get that console so you can play online with them

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440