GIGABYTE Aorus GTX 1080Ti Revealed by HardwareCanucks?

HKZeroFive
2 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Well the big gap in Nvidia's price landscape is where a 1060 Ti would sit.

Or rather, where a 1070 should sit, but we all know Nvidia thinks they're Apple.

Except Nvidia actually innovates and their products are actually worth the money.

11 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I find myself hoping that AMD Vega out-performs it. I'm sick of using Nvidia for triple monitor surround because their "support" is so horrible it's almost beyond a joke and more like a punishment for some perceived slight against them.

yes. omfg so much yes. tripple screen surround is HORRIBLE. tripple screen life is hell sometimes. verry little support and when turning it of it only detects one of my displays and no overclocking either even if all 3 monitors have a custom resolution at the same Hz. its a joke, its poorly done and it needs to be fixed

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Me too.  If it's a ti.  4K gaming here I'd come.  ?

Not saying you're wrong.  It's impossible to be sure one way or the other.  But if it was a 1080 why would they say they can't say exactly what it is?

Unless I'm missing something it wouldn't make sense to me to be cryptic about some new version of a graphics card that was released last summer.  

There are several possible reasons for this. The most obvious, aside from a 1080 Ti, would be, a 1060 Ti (And yes I know, the 1060 6GB is basically that, but NVIDIA has done stranger things with their product lineup). A GTX 1060 6GB is around $250-$300 USD on NewEgg, with most prices being closer to $259-$269. A GTX 1070 is around $400+ USD. That's a gap that could easily be filled.

Furthermore, why would all the other outlets say it's a GTX 1080 based card, yet HWC is the only one to say otherwise? They aren't all going to lie, if they know the truth, they'll just say they can't tell, or won't say anything at all. Lying to viewers ruins their credibility. It makes them untrustworthy.

39 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Then why aren't they allowed to tell us what it is? Because the NDA on the 1080 lifted a very, very long time ago...

Another possibility that no one seems to have thought of, is that Gigabyte has put the card under NDA, not NVIDIA. This card, specifically (The Aorus), might have an NDA preventing games journalists from spilling the beans on the details. And it could still be a GTX 1080 based card.

Quite frankly, we do not know. Anyone here in the forums who says for sure it's a GTX 1080 Ti is just guessing. It could be the 1080 Ti. Or it could be a 1080 variant. Or it could be a 1060 Ti. Hell they could come out with a 1070 Ti (Not that it makes sense, but again, NVIDIA has done stranger things before).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 hours ago, rrubberr said:

Same here buddy, I need something dual GPU from them that isn't water cooled, in my case.

I just won't want to go with Nvidia again. I like triple monitor gaming but the implementation of it by Nvidia sucks. Half of the time the graphics driver just crashes and I have to hard reboot my entire system, after moving one of the monitor cables to the onboard GPU (because if I dont, upon startup, I will get nothing through the displays).

I seriously do not understand how Nvidia could be this horrible at it, and still be the top GPU company in the world.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

5 hours ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

Not if they work well with price points driving price to performance higher - should they drive the VEGA GPU to be less than that of the the 1080, for slightly better performance this will drive competition and thus lower prices on NVidia's side working in part for the consumers.

VEGA will hopefully make 4K on a budget possible and make for competitive pricing; they are not targeting the niche market such as NVidia with the Titan XP but rather a mainstream consumer base with a common struggle being pricing.

Price competition is only going to hurt AMD. They need to start selling with proper margins and making good money.

31 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I seriously do not understand how Nvidia could be this horrible at it, and still be the top GPU company in the world.

There was a time years ago when Nvidia were leaders in GPU driver quality.
While they may have lost that crown to AMD in the last few years... Nvidia's biggest strength is their mindshare and the brand strength that the 'geforce' name carries.

The vast majority of PC gamers do not hang out on forums on read about tech. They just play games and they know they need a decent GPU, geforce is the most recognizable name by a long shot.

14 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I find myself hoping that AMD Vega out-performs it. I'm sick of using Nvidia for triple monitor surround because their "support" is so horrible it's almost beyond a joke and more like a punishment for some perceived slight against them.

I have 2 & its terrible.

11 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Not saying you're wrong.  It's impossible to be sure one way or the other.  But if it was a 1080 why would they say they can't say exactly what it is?

Unless I'm missing something it wouldn't make sense to me to be cryptic about some new version of a graphics card that was released last summer.  

For the views.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

2 hours ago, Humbug said:

There was a time years ago when Nvidia were leaders in GPU driver quality.
While they may have lost that crown to AMD in the last few years... Nvidia's biggest strength is their mindshare and the brand strength that the 'geforce' name carries.

The vast majority of PC gamers do not hang out on forums on read about tech. They just play games and they know they need a decent GPU, geforce is the most recognizable name by a long shot.

Makes me sad. Their drivers are a constant problem for me.

If only a certain company would get off it's fucking ass, and release their goddamned GPU at around the same times, so we could have some competition.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

There are several possible reasons for this. The most obvious, aside from a 1080 Ti, would be, a 1060 Ti (And yes I know, the 1060 6GB is basically that, but NVIDIA has done stranger things with their product lineup). A GTX 1060 6GB is around $250-$300 USD on NewEgg, with most prices being closer to $259-$269. A GTX 1070 is around $400+ USD. That's a gap that could easily be filled.

Furthermore, why would all the other outlets say it's a GTX 1080 based card, yet HWC is the only one to say otherwise? They aren't all going to lie, if they know the truth, they'll just say they can't tell, or won't say anything at all. Lying to viewers ruins their credibility. It makes them untrustworthy.

Doesn't that look rather bulky to be a 1060?    I haven't studied 1060s but maybe it's a funny angle in the video or something but that thing looks bigger by a decent amount vs my G1 1070.  

I might be misunderstanding you but doesn't 1080 based still possibly mean a ti?

I suppose it most likely isn't a 1080 ti but it doesn't hurt to hope.  

Though I find it odd that Nvidia would make the 1080 and the new Titan close enough that there isn't as much of a performance gap (from what I've heard) than between say a 980 and that generation's Titan.  ?

2 hours ago, Centurius said:

For the views.

That's a possibility.  Though if they're actually worth watching they shouldn't need tricks to get views.   

41 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Doesn't that look rather bulky to be a 1060?    I haven't studied 1060s but maybe it's a funny angle in the video or something but that thing looks bigger by a decent amount vs my G1 1070.  

I might be misunderstanding you but doesn't 1080 based still possibly mean a ti?

I suppose it most likely isn't a 1080 ti but it doesn't hurt to hope.  

Though I find it odd that Nvidia would make the 1080 and the new Titan close enough that there isn't as much of a performance gap (from what I've heard) than between say a 980 and that generation's Titan.  ?

My point is not "It's not a 1080 Ti". My point is "We don't know, because one Journalist says one thing, and the rest say something different."

And no, saying "1080 based" and it being a 1080 Ti would be vastly misleading. If they were going to use that logic, it would make more sense to call it a "Titan XP based", or "GP-104 based".

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

now that i think about it some more, the techbuyersguru rumor has some support to it - since they heard that the 1080 ti might launch at PAX East 2017, and in this video, the sentence "It will certainly be interesting springtime at HardwareCanucks offices." would most certainly have one believe that PAX East 2017 could be the announcement/launch/both date of the 1080 Ti as March 10th is right near springtime.

Could be one of those Gigabyte custom Titan coolers that you'd install yourself? 

People die if they are killed. 

I think its fair to say that the gigabyte auros is now almost certain to be the 1080 Ti pending an announcement sometime later this year via what looks like to be a confirmation from an ekwb representative

http://www.overclock.net/t/1620755/1080-ti-water-block-question

originally posted by akira749

No sorry.

But my best guess would say yes we received a sample from Nvidia.

Of course, he doesn't say if he has the 1080 Ti, but he most certainly gives us a big hint that they do in fact have a 1080 Ti sample, and like hardware canucks, i'm sure if both of them were to outright say, "Yes we can tell you that we have the 1080 Ti" they would both get calls from NVIDIA, though that may not matter now at this point now that the word is out.

I don't think they're going to bring out the 1080ti for a long time... People will be so hyped up about it, and then when they do, it'll sell out in minutes... I want to buy one regardless xD

This is the Asus ROG logo

big-asus-republic-of-gamers-rog-logo-NDY

The R is the black part, while the O is the empty space of the letter G, and the G itself is in Red. This also makes, it look like the eye of a owl, which is used for the Strix series.

This is the Aorus logo

gfJMNdQOQwAR1aCC.large

The word come from Horus, a Egyptian deity that has the head of a Falcon, where they used the head of that as their logo. The bottom part looks like the letter G, since Aorus is by Gigabyte. But didn't they say Aorus is a separate company that does not fall under the Gigabyte brand like Asus does with ROG. So why do they even bother putting the bottom half of the letter G under their Falcon head logo. This makes it as if that bird is about to punch somebody in the face or something.

Anyway because of that letter G it makes it reads as Gaorus and the head of the Falcon, letter F, makes it read as Fagaorus. xD

Their logo would look better with out that bottom part of the letter G.

Oh and the H is changed to a A for "A team".

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

It's Just an extreme edition of 1080 , with clocks rate at 1784 MHz base and 1936 MHz boost.

http://wccftech.com/gigabyte-aorus-gtx-1080-xtreme-edition-graphics-card/

See but the 1080 extreme edition wouldn't be released by Nvidia, nor is it a new core. It's just different specs and not exactly ground breaking specs either. My gigabyte waterforce has the same clock and it'd been out since august.

I bet it's just someone at Gigabyte was talking out their ass.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2