Where do you want to live?

DutchTexan
5 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

The metro-Detroit area isn't half bad, in-fact, it's great. Some places in Detroit aren't bad either until you get into the broken-down suburbs.

My sister was in Detroit a few weeks ago for a medical conference. From the pictures, it looks like any normal large city, but from what I have heard it's bad place to be, all around. Not talking about all the shootings, just in general. She said it just felt off over there. She lives in the Houston medical center and makes way too much money, though.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

1 minute ago, DutchTexan said:

My sister was in Detroit a few weeks ago for a medical conference. From the pictures, it looks like any normal large city, but from what I have heard it's bad place to be, all around. Not talking about all the shootings, just in general. She said it just felt off over there. She lives in the Houston medical center and makes way too much money, though.

Down by the river, Detroit is a great place to be. There are many things to do and many places to visit. As you get further from the river you get into some of the beat up areas and suburbs it does begin to feel a little bit shady but it's not that bad. 

Detroit was great back in the 50s and 60s, and it has gone downhill due to corruptness, but they're really working on bringing it back.

I'm a boring person. I never wanna leave Georgia and I don't care much for traveling. xD

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

So I want to know, why is everyone bashing on the states sure we have some bad things but we have a lot going well for us. if anyone wants to explain why their country is better I would be happy to hear why they think that. Also im so glad I live in my bubble In California, nice to know it is not a massive tourist trap like the rest

I want to live here:

Away from the noobs. 

house-ellidaey5%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Probably the Netherlands.

I cannot fucking stand California anymore. It's a nice tourist trap, but that's about it. It's extremely liberal, Southern California is a shithole and Northern California is filled with assholes, and it's way too fucking expensive to live there.

so what if it's extremely liberal? i love it here even more because of that. northern californian assholes are only found mostly in the bay area, though you will find the occasional crackhead in the valley. and housing if you look hard enough, isn't crazy expensive in some areas.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i love so much http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/11/ford-mustang-meets-nissan-r35-gtr/ like this is one hell of a nice car.Mustang-GTR-02-1200x800.jpg

Mustang-GTR-03-1200x800.jpg

Mustang-GTR-05-1200x800.jpg

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

so what if it's extremely liberal? i love it here even more because of that. northern californian assholes are only found mostly in the bay area, though you will find the occasional crackhead in the valley. and housing if you look hard enough, isn't crazy expensive in some areas.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm definitely for some liberal things. Gay rights are the very first thing to come on the top of my head. But how California is just makes me nauseous.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm definitely for some liberal things. Gay rights are the very first thing to come on the top of my head. But how California is just makes me nauseous.

i mean the only things i hate about california are the high cost of living and the fact that gas powered cars will soon cease to exist here because of how fucking strict emissions laws are. gearheads like me will weep for the day california totally bans gasoline cars.

Just now, terrytek said:

i mean the only things i hate about california are the high cost of living and the fact that gas powered cars will soon cease to exist here because of how fucking strict emissions laws are. gearheads like me will weep for the day california totally bans gasoline cars.

I don't even know why California even tries with the really strict emission laws anymore. I mean it's probably a bit stupid to say this but this is why you don't build major fucking cities in a mountain range.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I don't even know why California even tries with the really strict emission laws anymore. I mean it's probably a bit stupid to say this but this is why you don't build major fucking cities in a mountain range.

i agree. cities like los angeles should have built on flat land. though i admit, it does have real easy water access. i wish that there was a way to dissipate all the greenhouse gases in our atmosphere in california so we can continue to enjoy driving around small light gasoline cars on curvy twisty roads.

16 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Because not everyone hates Republicans. Some people like working for their own money. Why don't liberals donate their own money to the less fortunate? It's not donation when it's someone else's money. Housing in California is crazy expensive, period. Go on zillow.com and look at houses for sale in Texas, then go to California. It's a joke man.

Why do you hate Republicans? Give me some reasons, please. I want to understand your perspective. 

It goes like this. America either runs as one gigantic country forcing the exact same rules on everyone or 50 different states that understand people are not the same. Which one do you think is best?

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

18 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I don't have a problem with gay people either and I am a conservative Republican. What I do have a problem with is forced diversity. Making laws and hiring policies based off who you are, what color your skin is, if you're a minority and what your gender is, ect is straight up discrimination. People should be judged by what they do, what they have or have not achieved, not who they are. Unfortunately, the left argues the exact opposite.

To democrats, it is racist to say "A black man does not need any help, he can climb the ladder all by himself." Then it is not racist to say, "The African Americans need help to climb the ladder, we have to help him!" How the fuck does that make any logical sense???

I will give it to some liberals I know, they have good intentions, but they are actually hurting whoever they are trying to help. You can have the best of intentions, that doesn't grantee you won't end up doing massive amounts of damage.

For there to be a global revolution, it has to happen on an individual scale. Change yourself, change the world. No matter what you do, you cannot fox society, you can only better the individual. 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

15 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

Because not everyone hates Republicans. Some people like working for their own money. Why don't liberals donate their own money to the less fortunate? It's not donation when it's someone else's money. Housing in California is crazy expensive, period. Go on zillow.com and look at houses for sale in Texas, then go to California. It's a joke man.

Why do you hate Republicans? Give me some reasons, please. I want to understand your perspective. 

It goes like this. America either runs as one gigantic country forcing the exact same rules on everyone or 50 different states that understand people are not the same. Which one do you think is best?

i really don't wanna give reasons, because i seriously do not want this exploding, since i've already seen one flame on this thread, and it got ugly fast. i'm just gonna say that i feel like people should be treated equally, regardless of wealth, color, gender, age, race, or beliefs. 

On 10/30/2016 at 4:19 PM, DutchTexan said:

It's 1,000 times better to live in Texas than South Africa and Nevada. However, I don't think there's a place better than South Africa to vacation. At the same time, South Africa is one of the worst places to actually reside.

Where is the best place to live?

Where is the best place to vacation? 

If i had a lots of cash, LA babyyyyyy

vacation: idk russia

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

45 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i really don't wanna give reasons, because i seriously do not want this exploding, since i've already seen one flame on this thread, and it got ugly fast. i'm just gonna say that i feel like people should be treated equally, regardless of wealth, color, gender, age, race, or beliefs. 

Go ahead, I will be respectful. Republicans are more tolerant than Democrats. I want to understand why it is that you hate Republicans. Maybe I can help separate facts. 

It is the mark of intelligence to entertain an idea without accepting it.

Every American is born equally. Not every American is raised equally.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

33 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

Go ahead, I will be respectful. Republicans are more tolerant than Democrats. I want to understand why it is that you hate Republicans. Maybe I can help separate facts. 

It is the mark of intelligence to entertain an idea without accepting it.

Every American is born equally. Not every American is raised equally.

For me at least it is the out right racism I have gotten from Republicans in the past... Liberals aren't that much better and both sides are equally hypocritical.

I live in rural Australia, so have always wanted to move to Manhattan. Been there a few times and love it, but little work for me there.

56 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

That's a nice car, but you're in the wrong thread.

Unless you would live in it.

shit. i guess i zoned out hard last night.

20 hours ago, akela said:

For me at least it is the out right racism I have gotten from Republicans in the past... Liberals aren't that much better and both sides are equally hypocritical.

I just want to remind everyone that the first Republican was Abraham Lincoln. You know, that guy who freed the slaves and saved the Union.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

38 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

I just want to remind everyone that the first Republican was Abraham Lincoln. You know, that guy who freed the slaves and saved the Union.

The thing is parties change... and so do states, I love California but it is so different than what it was

On 10/31/2016 at 3:55 PM, maulemall said:

The southeast of the US Va toFla to Texas is just about as good as it gets IN THE WORLD.

Alabama is Crazy fun for peeps who like to float down a river..

Miami is 5 cultures of Large living all within 15 mins of each other.

North Carolina has the BEST SCUBA in the World Bar none.

Texas has the Most outdoor experience you could ever want. And just to make it 100% clear Southern Women are the Finest in The World.

One thing you forgot, our hurricane season and the Summers that can murder you.  :P

But yeah, our rivers are fun to float and canoe down.  Plus, one of the few States that you can bottle fish in.  :D

For vacation, it would be traveling and visiting different places since I like to see new sights.

Where to live, I probably prefer a place with a good chunk of property to hunt on, a pond to fish, and a nice garage to build stuff in.  Plus, be as noisy as I want and enjoy the night sky.  But I'm pretty flexible if I have to be, have no problems being near cities or country side.

On 10/31/2016 at 10:39 PM, terrytek said:

holy shit you really get a lot for your money in texas. here in california, in places like san jose or san francisco or even in sacramento, 300k gets you a 2 bed and 1 bath 800 sq feet house in the worst part of town, or a 1 bed 1 bath apartment downtown. and you have to pay some pretty insane taxes on your property on top of that.

Yeah, I was station out in California for six years.  Pretty State, but no way in hell would I live there permanently.  You think that a steal, should look up property prices here in Alabama especially Houston county.  It is consider the lowest cost of living in the whole country.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, Ithanul said:

One thing you forgot, our hurricane season and the Summers that can murder you.  :P

But yeah, our rivers are fun to float and canoe down.  Plus, one of the few States that you can bottle fish in.  :D

For vacation, it would be traveling and visiting different places since I like to see new sights.

Where to live, I probably prefer a place with a good chunk of property to hunt on, a pond to fish, and a nice garage to build stuff in.  Plus, be as noisy as I want and enjoy the night sky.  But I'm pretty flexible if I have to be, have no problems being near cities or country side.

Yeah, I was station out in California for six years.  Pretty State, but no way in hell would I live there permanently.  You think that a steal, should look up property prices here in Alabama especially Houston county.  It is consider the lowest cost of living in the whole country.

honestly some parts of california aren't too bad. like my house for example cost about 220k and it's got 3 beds and 2 baths, and it's about 1800 sq feet not including the garage. it works for me, but the neighborhood it's in is just bad. literally there are at least 7 crackheads in my cul de sac. i would love to move out, but bigger houses means higher taxes and it doesn't feel as cozy as a small one.

I love it in California, but it suits my style and work... otherwise i would move. A great vacation is La, San Francisco, and Santa Barbara