Where do you want to live?

DutchTexan
27 minutes ago, terrytek said:

holy shit you really get a lot for your money in texas. here in california, in places like san jose or san francisco or even in sacramento, 300k gets you a 2 bed and 1 bath 800 sq feet house in the worst part of town, or a 1 bed 1 bath apartment downtown. and you have to pay some pretty insane taxes on your property on top of that.

It's crazy. You would be surprised man. There are brand new cities that pop up all over the place. The infrastructure is outstanding. Plus there is a Micro Center in Houston, bro it is computer heaven. Only Cali has a better GDP, but it's largely just tech. Texas is extremely diverse. There is a reason the Texas flag is the only flag that can fly as high as the US flag.

California has some nice things to experience I hear though, I wouldn't mind seeing what's up over there for a summer. 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

1 minute ago, DutchTexan said:

It's crazy. You would be surprised man. There are brand new cities that pop up all over the place. The infrastructure is outstanding. Plus there is a Micro Center in Houston, bro it is computer heaven. Only Cali has a better GDP, but it's largely just tech. Texas is extremely diverse. There is a reason the Texas flag is the only flag that can fly as high as the US flag.

California has some nice things to experience I hear though, I wouldn't mind seeing what's up over there for a summer. 

the only thing going for california is the great year round weather. none of it freezes over except the mountains, and it's not even blistering cold compared to the midwest. and the summers are just perfect, especially along the coast. and we also have the largest agricultural economy in america (i'm proud to say that since i live in the globe's breadbasket) and plus we got some nice cities like i mentioned like san jose, san francisco, and los angeles. but seriously, the cost of living here has skyrocketed within the last couple decades, tech stores aren't even all that common (the only microcenter in northern california shut down years ago and frys' isn't much better) and modding a car here is next to impossible. but i honestly love california because of what's available nearby.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Kansas City, MO

Jackson, MS

Detroit, MI

Dayton, OH

Toledo, OH

Wichita, KS

Lets say I would live in the middle of no where or random places in the US...

I'd rather just time-travel back to the past in the 50-60s instead and live the life in US...

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

the only thing going for california is the great year round weather. none of it freezes over except the mountains, and it's not even blistering cold compared to the midwest. and the summers are just perfect, especially along the coast. and we also have the largest agricultural economy in america (i'm proud to say that since i live in the globe's breadbasket) and plus we got some nice cities like i mentioned like san jose, san francisco, and los angeles. but seriously, the cost of living here has skyrocketed within the last couple decades, tech stores aren't even all that common (the only microcenter in northern california shut down years ago and frys' isn't much better) and modding a car here is next to impossible. but i honestly love california because of what's available nearby.

Really, I didn't know that about the agg in Cali. That's cool. I grow some of my own food, but nothing major. Where I live in Texas it is seems like it is almost always in the 80s or 90s. If it drops below 60 then it is winter. If it goes over 100 then it is summer. It's not that pleasant of a climate, humidity is just awful. Northern Texas it is pretty dry and a lot cooler. Western Texas is more stereotypically 'Texas'. Gulf Coast area is tropical tropical. I think I would want to live more mid mid eastern by Oklahoma, climate-wise.

I think you would like Austin. Austin is completely different, culturally, than the rest of Texas.

They don't have little shops at tracks? Cali is supposed to be known for the car scene? There's this place near me called MSR Houston and I walked in their shop on track. I saw a super clean s2000 they were working on with a cosworth engine under the hood. We have the only formula 1 track, but that's about it. California is a much better place if you have a spec race car or toy.

Most of what I am interested in is chemical plants. That's what pays my bills and buys me toys :1 I suppose there's not too much of Dow or BASF going on in California.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

7 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

Kansas City, MO

Jackson, MS

Detroit, MI

Dayton, OH

Toledo, OH

Wichita, KS

Lets say I would live in the middle of no where or random places in the US...

I'd rather just time-travel back to the past in the 50-60s instead and live the life in US...

Hell yes, I wouldn't mind going back to the 50s or 60s and starting my adult life then. You would want to live in Detroit? :o

I think it would be cool to go back to 1791 when the constitution was ratified

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Why are you guys even caring about American cities.

I prefer low gun crime and free healthcare, so Vancouver Island would be great.

Not sure what BC's healthcare is like though.

Live: New Hamphire (few taxes no major disaster risks, only downside fairly cold winters)

Vacation...........idk I've been to quite a few places, most of which are in the US but the places didn't really matter on the trips the people are what mattered, I guess if push came to show I'd say New Zealand since it is temperate but beautiful and quite unique

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Santa Barbara, search it up I would reccomend living here if you make a lot... super freakin expensive  but vacation is awesome. search it up to see pictures

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Why are you guys even caring about American cities.

I prefer low gun crime and free healthcare, so Vancouver Island would be great.

Not sure what BC's healthcare is like though.

My city's crime rate is lower than Vancouver, but it is a small city, and another thing to note is the cost of living in a place like Vancouver is quite high.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

What does Vancouver have to do with anything?

I really dont like that city. Good for a day or two. Or better yet just passing through.

I am talking about Vancouver Island, oh man is it absolutely awesome.

35 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

My city's crime rate is lower than Vancouver, but it is a small city, and another thing to note is the cost of living in a place like Vancouver is quite high.

No offens but stuff the USA I'd much rather Australia or Canada plus you don't have to worry about Trump 

although the prices on pc stuff is higher and our money is worth less 

World stays at peace:  Saint Petersburg, Russia.  If not:  Idaho or Montana.

5 hours ago, DutchTexan said:

You can buy a 279 acre lot with a little pond and well for $739,000 in Texas. You can also purchase a beautiful brick, 2 story house built in the early 2000's with 3,000ft2, 3 car garage, circle driveway, half-1 acre lot, 4 bedrooms and 3 baths for $290,000-$330,000 no problem. 

Well, Europe is a bit more 'cramped' than the US. If you have lots of free space, you can give it away for cheaper, right?

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Well, not in the US, that's for sure. I prefer Sweden. If I had to move, I'd probably move to somewhere like Finland, Denmark, Norway, France, Germany or the UK.

Thinking about a move to the US in a few years. Somewhere in the south between New mexico and South carolina.

Mostly to get away from the cold winters, Heavy restrictions on car modifications among other things. 

And its close to some nice holiday spots. The Bahamas and Mexico. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

8 hours ago, DutchTexan said:

Really, I didn't know that about the agg in Cali. That's cool. I grow some of my own food, but nothing major. Where I live in Texas it is seems like it is almost always in the 80s or 90s. If it drops below 60 then it is winter. If it goes over 100 then it is summer. It's not that pleasant of a climate, humidity is just awful. Northern Texas it is pretty dry and a lot cooler. Western Texas is more stereotypically 'Texas'. Gulf Coast area is tropical tropical. I think I would want to live more mid mid eastern by Oklahoma, climate-wise.

I think you would like Austin. Austin is completely different, culturally, than the rest of Texas.

They don't have little shops at tracks? Cali is supposed to be known for the car scene? There's this place near me called MSR Houston and I walked in their shop on track. I saw a super clean s2000 they were working on with a cosworth engine under the hood. We have the only formula 1 track, but that's about it. California is a much better place if you have a spec race car or toy.

Most of what I am interested in is chemical plants. That's what pays my bills and buys me toys :1 I suppose there's not too much of Dow or BASF going on in California.

i mean there are some pretty sweet car scenes out here, especially in the bay area, but just overall trying to pass emissions with modded performance parts is next to impossible unless they're 50 state legal.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I like how Talinn looks.

Image result for tallinn

I'm attracted to traditional Georgian culture. But I think I'd feel out of place there.

_53933703_choka.jpg

I also like Iceland and Scotland, for the nature.

Image result for icelandImage result for scotland

In a city the size of Laramie, Wyoming (where I am currently living) but with the shops and activities of New York.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

9 hours ago, Urishima said:

Well, Europe is a bit more 'cramped' than the US. If you have lots of free space, you can give it away for cheaper, right?

Well in California and NY what I said is not even 25% true. 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Coming from a South African, the USA is greatest place in the world, no questions. Coming from an American citizen, Texas is the greatest place in the world, no question.

I hope Donald gets elected, becasue I don't want WWIII, it's that simple. Supreme court justices, business taxes, illegal immigration/border security and individual rights are important too.

Maybe I should be asking the question, "Where in the world would you want to purchase property and pay for basic goods?" 

Vacation ideas are always valuable inputs.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

6 hours ago, techswede said:

Thinking about a move to the US in a few years. Somewhere in the south between New mexico and South carolina.

Mostly to get away from the cold winters, Heavy restrictions on car modifications among other things. 

And its close to some nice holiday spots. The Bahamas and Mexico. 

What do you do for a living? I would look at Alabama or Mississippi, even Louisianan is a lot better than most people think. Ultimately, Texas is the place people rarely choose to leave. 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X