The situation at Tek syndicate

spartaman64

Who mentioned running away, who mentioned  Mexico, methinks you "protest too much".

By the way I don't have a horse in this race, so I don't really care,but you seem overly invested in this whole situation is there something you're not telling us , on second thoughts don't bother telling me I don't care.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Actually my assumption here is far more simple: Given than Wendell is likely out why would he keep hosting the forums? He's not in the business of web hosting and did so just to save cash but Logan probably has to move everything to a new server.

Could well be the case.

I assume that Wendell would keep hosting the server IF he and Logan are still on good terms. I'd also assume that Logan would pay him from now on for the hosting.

With that in mind, if Wendell has no interest in hosting it, then yeah, they're probably migrating the forums to a new host.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Could well be the case.

I assume that Wendell would keep hosting the server IF he and Logan are still on good terms. I'd also assume that Logan would pay him from now on for the hosting.

With that in mind, if Wendell has no interest in hosting it, then yeah, they're probably migrating the forums to a new host.

It looked like Wendell wanted to be on good terms with him sure. But it also looked like Pistol wanted no part of that and kept going after Wendell and such so how would that work? I believe that even someone as neutral and down to earth as Wendell wouldn't put up with that level of shit.

But yeah even if not because of Wendell pulling the plug something as simple as Wendell going "Yeah I need to migrate you guys to some other server, still mine but I'm gonna be needing the current hardware" would prompt the down time.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, soup said:

Who mentioned running away, who mentioned  Mexico, methinks you "protest too much".

By the way I don't have a horse in this race, so I don't really care,but you seem overly invested in this whole situation is there something your not telling us , on second thoughts don't bother telling me I don't care.

lol take a step back and take your tinfoil hat off, please. I'm not even subscribed to TS on YouTube. I never have been. I've never donated them money, and I don't know any of the employees on a personal basis. For someone who has no horse in the race, you seem to favour the Wendell/Qain horse.

Throughout this entire thread and process (Please go back and read all my posts if you want), I've remained impartial about the whole thing - unlike most users who just automatically assumed Logan was entirely to blame, and took Wendell/Qain's words as law.

I brought up the Mexico thing not specifically because YOU said it, but it has been mentioned in this very thread that some people suspect the forum went off line because Logan was taking the Patreon money and running (Which, of course, there's zero evidence to support this).

I also don't know what "you protest too much" means? What exactly am I protesting? People spreading false or misleading information? Yes - I do protest that. People making up things without facts? Yes - I do protest that too. People seeing a rumour or a blatant made up "fact" stated by another forum user and just taking that as 100% truthful fact? Yes - I protest that as well.

My entire stance through this entire process has been "told assume anything if we don't have all the facts". If you have a problem with that stance? well I don't know what to tell you - relax and don't worry about it?

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

It looked like Wendell wanted to be on good terms with him sure. But it also looked like Pistol wanted no part of that and kept going after Wendell and such so how would that work? I believe that even someone as neutral and down to earth as Wendell wouldn't put up with that level of shit.

But yeah even if not because of Wendell pulling the plug something as simple as Wendell going "Yeah I need to migrate you guys to some other server, still mine but I'm gonna be needing the current hardware" would prompt the down time.

Agreed - that does sound likely. I doubt they'll ever give us the official reason though :P Seems like only 4-5 people will ever really know 100% of what happened on that week.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

lol take a step back and take your tinfoil hat off, please. I'm not even subscribed to TS on YouTube. I never have been. I've never donated them money, and I don't know any of the employees on a personal basis. For someone who has no horse in the race, you seem to favour the Wendell/Qain horse.

Throughout this entire thread and process (Please go back and read all my posts if you want), I've remained impartial about the whole thing - unlike most users who just automatically assumed Logan was entirely to blame, and took Wendell/Qain's words as law.

I brought up the Mexico thing not specifically because YOU said it, but it has been mentioned in this very thread that some people suspect the forum went off line because Logan was taking the Patreon money and running (Which, of course, there's zero evidence to support this).

I also don't know what "you protest too much" means? What exactly am I protesting? People spreading false or misleading information? Yes - I do protest that. People making up things without facts? Yes - I do protest that too. People seeing a rumour or a blatant made up "fact" stated by another forum user and just taking that as 100% truthful fact? Yes - I protest that as well.

My entire stance through this entire process has been "told assume anything if we don't have all the facts". If you have a problem with that stance? well I don't know what to tell you - relax and don't worry about it?

Agreed - that does sound likely. I doubt they'll ever give us the official reason though :P Seems like only 4-5 people will ever really know 100% of what happened on that week.

im a fiery chicken

Logan's first paragraph was hard to get through

There's only so many ellipses that I can take before I distrust a person

Shipping sucks

13 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

Logan's first paragraph was hard to get through

There's only so many ellipses that I can take before I distrust a person

This coming from a person who doesn't end their sentences with any punctuation whatsoever?  How can we trust you with this in mind?  Call the grammar police!  Shady folk abound.

(Though I may have otherwise agreed, with the sentiment...a bit...but...only a bit...somewhat.  I think....whatever...)

On 8/31/2016 at 4:41 PM, Memories4K said:

Honestly, i just love Jay.

His reviews are tight, he seems to draw outside the lines regarding what-to-talk-about in his tech videos that most people might not think of but are relevant, and he's overall just a very affable TechTuber.

Jay's not without his faults but his arrogance and airs is nowhere near the same level as Kek Syndicate.

Too much ego-driven drivel with Logan for me to stomach.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

On 06/09/2016 at 8:58 PM, KaareKanin said:

Stephen Fry quit QI

1st i've heard of this. Quite gutted =[

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Can Someone summaries this?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

10 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

Growing pains for a media company known as Tek Syndicate.

1 hour ago, LittleCarrot said:

Wendell felt that Logan wasn't being honest with where the patreon and ad funding were going and basically called out Logan asking him where the large sums of money are going.  Meanwhile Logan deflects and dismisses everything and closes down the tek syndicate forums for a week or more, Pistol accuses Wendell of the money loss and  continues to berate the community, accuses Quain of being incompetent and he quits.  Logan just continues like nothing happened, trying to hire new guys to continue the channel.  That's about it.

Best comment under The Tek 0248:

This is like watching the new topgear.

You think i can make it on Tek Syndicate?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of quitting my job. 

Want to be a member of a Tech Channel.

I don't like drama. I'll be neutral.

Hire me. 

LOL

Rekt Syndicate

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

WHO CAAAARES! Seriously.

Just let the nerds fight their nerd wars.

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

12 minutes ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

WHO CAAAARES! Seriously.

Just let the nerds fight their nerd wars.

That oversight doe

People care because a channel that served as a form of entertainment for years is falling apart. If your cable company turned off all TV channels because they were having massive arguments, you wouldn't say, "let the cable people fight their cable wars!", would you? You'd be pissed.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

3 minutes ago, Crowes said:

That oversight doe

People care because a channel that served as a form of entertainment for years is falling apart. If your cable company turned off all TV channels because they were having massive arguments, you wouldn't say, "let the cable people fight their cable wars!", would you? You'd be pissed.

Well considering you have to pay for cable and you don't have to pay to watch YouTube videos they really aren't the same thing.

5 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Well considering you have to pay for cable and you don't have to pay to watch YouTube videos they really aren't the same thing.

Principle, not practical. You are invested in TV as you can be in YouTube, the entertainment, and the communities.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

8 hours ago, ZakuII said:

Thinking of quitting my job. 

Want to be a member of a Tech Channel.

I don't like drama. I'll be neutral.

Hire me. 

LOL

Context please?

10 hours ago, crystal6tak said:

Context please?

Chill, man. Just sharing some random shenanigans with this debacle. All these assumptions and arguments aren't healthy for anyone.