The situation at Tek syndicate

spartaman64

Wendell's side

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp25er

Summary: wendell don't want to be in a leadership role in tek syndicate anyone and whether he stops making content remains to be seen. He had disagreements with Logan on his statements about money and is frustrated with the lack of communication.

Logan's side

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp29to

Summary: he will try to communicate better and be more transparent. He contributes this situation to poor communication because they are all in different cities making communication harder. And he apologises for acting mean.

Admins can lock this thread if they want to to prevent it from getting out of hand but there is a lot of rumors flying around about what's happening and hopefully this can clear some of those up.

5 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

retoast

I would have added this to the last post but it's locked and there is new information ie Logan's side that is worth taking a look at 

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

I would have added this to the last post but it's locked and there is new information ie Logan's side that is worth taking a look at 

Eh I trust Logan very very little, frankly he's the reason I stopped watching tek syndicate in the first place

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

What can i say,we will see what happens when everything is sorted out

Personally, I'm all for giving people second chances.

The bank records (which we have absolutely no business seeing from a privately owned company) will show what really happened.  That's their business, and I hope it ends well for them, if they decide it must end.  I'll definitely still be following Wendell, but the contrast between his professionalism and Logan's...I am not sure the correct word...but yeah, double act (straight man, funny man) really worked well for them.

In the end, only one question matters...Why did Wilson finally decide to show his face???

Qain interested me the most, he seemed to have a lot of knowledge with networking, and i wish they used him more. Sucks he's gone now.

I'll say sorry for being too tough or mean during the frustrating times.

Seemed more like a non-apology, apology than an actual apology 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

It seems like the motivation for Logan's response came from the community largely siding with Wendell and him realizing just how badly he has screwed himself. Doesn't seem very sincere. I hope Wendell moves on and does something unrelated to Logan. 

46 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

Qain interested me the most, he seemed to have a lot of knowledge with networking, and i wish they used him more. Sucks he's gone now.

Just be careful, last thread was locked for devolving into pro/anti-Qain.

1 minute ago, Yamoto42 said:

Just be careful, last thread was locked for devolving into pro/anti-Qain.

Co-Qain

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I'm not sure I can trust Logan on this one. It feels he is giving an answer people wanted to hear instead of the truth about his acts and intentions. He is a good entertainer, but very unprofessional.

Wendell is what I care the most about Tek Syndicate, he is smart, honest, hardworking and cares about the community, despite having to manage his own company and employees. Logan seems to be a guy who is mainly sitting around and complaining there aren't enough trees on his window view. 

I honestly think the largest problem was probably not the problem itself, but the reaction and handling.

Logan does have some points, if making tech content was indeed why Qain was brought on board as a full time employee then, while I have nothing wrong with him as a person, he didn't deliver.  I may not care for Pistol (she gets on my nerves), but what may or may not be going on isn't anyone's business but hers.  I AM NOT SAYING THE FOLLOWING IS TRUE: but what if Logan pays for all her stuff out of the company account?  If Wendell owns 30%, then that means Logan may own up to 70%.  This is not a publicly traded company.  Even though it is prudent to keep a separate account and to reinvest a portion of profits (and for many reasons other than just management), 70% of it would rightfully be Logan's to do with as he pleases and none of anyone else's business where it goes.

Wendell is an IT professional.  Logan is an artist.  While the combination works well for entertainment, artists can be hard to work with and they rarely make good employers or businessmen in general.  They also don't tend to be good at apologizing...but again, I don't think the original "crime" may be nearly as bad as the community portrays it.

Purposely didn't comment on this situation until after more information came forward, directly from those involved. 

After reading both Wendell and Logan's responses, I believe both are being sincere. Some of you are accusing Logan of "giving an answer people wanted to hear" or "he said what he said because people sided mostly with Wendell". But I would just simply point out that Logan did admit to some of his short-comings in areas of running a business where he needs to get help/improve on and has expressed his intentions to get that under control. 

I get the feeling that no matter what Logan says, even if it's true/sincere, some of you and the Tek community wouldn't believe or accept it and I find that a little sad/disappointing. Nobody's perfect. 

I would also like to hear Quain's side of this, but he may choose to keep quiet and that's totally his choice.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I think a lot of the problem stems from many people, including myself, supported tek syndicate to allow Wendell to create more content. Yes we (I) like Logan as well, but cutting Wendell out of the picture just isn't an option. It seems like Logan, as he said, wanted to move out of KY to allow his creative juices to flow and work on more artistic ventures, but maybe failed to realize just how important Wendell is to the community. Making a environment that wasn't conducive to working with Wendell clearly had a lot more cons then maybe he originally thought. I hope Logan can quickly realize that Wendell needs to have at least 50% part in the creation of all the content on the channel. If not I hope Wendell just starts his own channel and that's where my support will be.  Like I said I like Logan, his creativity, and he complements Wendell well, but if he cant see how absolutely necessary Wendell is to the team I'm not sure I cant trust his opinions moving forward.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

Purposely didn't comment on this situation until after more information came forward, directly from those involved. 

After reading both Wendell and Logan's responses, I believe both are being sincere. Some of you are accusing Logan of "giving an answer people wanted to hear" or "he said what he said because people sided mostly with Wendell". But I would just simply point out that Logan did admit to some of his short-comings in areas of running a business where he needs to get help/improve on and has expressed his intentions to get that under control. 

I get the feeling that no matter what Logan says, even if it's true/sincere, some of you and the Tek community wouldn't believe or accept it and I find that a little sad/disappointing. Nobody's perfect. 

I would also like to hear Quain's side of this, but he may choose to keep quiet and that's totally his choice.

I agree. I haven't been following the situation (didn't even know there was one until just now) as I don't regularly follow TekSyndicate, so what I've read with the two responses is about the most of my knowledge.

I think you can chalk up most of Logans "Mistakes" to being very inexperienced with business management. And possibly simply not having a knack for it.

I think Logan needs to hire a really good business manager who can take control over the day to day business nitty gritty details, and make sure things like accounting and payroll and communication between offices all goes off without Logan having to think about it.

I hope he can convince Wendell to stay on, and that the two of them can come to a reconciliation. I don't really know much about the sitation with Qain, but I can't say I was a particularly large fan of Qain anyway. If Logan is to be believed, Qain wanted more say (and to be a partner), but was hired for other tasks that he ended up not wanting to do.

Perhaps I'm still not fully informed about everything, but that's the feeling I got after reading both Logan's and Wendell's responses.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It's quite fascinating how Logan copes with all this.

His "apology" is basically a self-aggrandizing essay on how he's very deep and he's an artist (any dude with a MIDI keyboard and sequencer software is apparently a world class musician) and how Pistol has done nothing wrong ever and even though she didn't feel like doing WASD in the past she'll get on it now because she's just that great.

The whole thing reads like an angsty teen's livejournal.

Comparing the two you can really see how down-to-earth and sincere Wendell is regarding the matter, he saw the whole thing was going nowhere. He was the lesser partner in a company that had strayed far from the path laid out. 

It's sad to see them go, but watching the whole thing go down in flames seems appropriate, this is what happens when you learn nothing from your past mistakes.

Ego-trip highlights:

"...she takes her orders from me and does a good job on the editing... If you see pretty broll, she did it..."

"...I needed to find my place. Some people don't understand that..."

"...I am one of those stupid artists. I make my music, write..."

"...I did Tek Syndicate like a wild, creative entrepreneur..."

"...Money doesn't turn me on. Ideas do..."

"...he is the smartest nerd on YouTube. I'm probably the silliest..."
"
...look at our logo... the burning earth. This is us... the wild ones..."

"...I like the more creative stuff... the deeper stuff... the zanier stuff... the learning stuff... the outside of the box stuff..."

"...I'm an entertainer and I hope I occasionally make someone think deeper or look at life in a new way..."

12 minutes ago, Munteanu said:

It's quite fascinating how Logan copes with all this.

His "apology" is basically a self-aggrandizing essay on how he's very deep and he's an artist (any dude with a MIDI keyboard and sequencer software is apparently a world class musician) and how Pistol has done nothing wrong ever and even though she didn't feel like doing WASD in the past she'll get on it now because she's just that great.

The whole thing reads like an angsty teen's livejournal.

Comparing the two you can really see how down-to-earth and sincere Wendell is regarding the matter, he saw the whole thing was going nowhere. He was the lesser partner in a company that had strayed far from the path laid out. 

It's sad to see them go, but watching the whole thing go down in flames seems appropriate, this is what happens when you learn nothing from your past mistakes.

Ego-trip highlights:

"...she takes her orders from me and does a good job on the editing... If you see pretty broll, she did it..."

"...I needed to find my place. Some people don't understand that..."

"...I am one of those stupid artists. I make my music, write..."

"...I did Tek Syndicate like a wild, creative entrepreneur..."

"...Money doesn't turn me on. Ideas do..."

"...he is the smartest nerd on YouTube. I'm probably the silliest..."
"
...look at our logo... the burning earth. This is us... the wild ones..."

"...I like the more creative stuff... the deeper stuff... the zanier stuff... the learning stuff... the outside of the box stuff..."

"...I'm an entertainer and I hope I occasionally make someone think deeper or look at life in a new way..."

I haven't been monitoring this topic since I know nothing about them, but those mentioned highlights are just... not ego-trip highlights? Sure, some may be, but when you take stuff out of context, (almost) everything sounds like the ultimate ego-trip, and some even then don't sound like that. Once again, I know nothing about them and what kind of people they are, but as far as I'm concerned (as an outside viewer), those highlights (mostly) don't even sound like ego-tripping.

Just saying. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Honestly hope Wendell and Qain do go off and form their own thing.  I do not trust Logan's side of the story one ounce, and I've been with them since the beginning.  All of Logan's trolling, his shitposting, kicking all the admins, all because he -had- to change passwords because Qain left?  And then dissenting opinions he right out blocks and kicks, and bans?  Pistol making her -real- Discord.  None of this smells genuine, but Wendell's sure as hell does.

Sorry, but having watched the events unfold on the forum in real-time, Logan's side of the story just doesn't add up. 

I locked stuff down due to Qain

Several people got tired of the neverending excuses regarding the lack of content, quality and the fact that they didn't live up to the Patreon goals.  So after issuing the umpteenth excuse on The Tek, he was called out on this in the forum. 

At first he was dismissive, then he started deleting users' posts.

When one of the moderators pointed out that he shouldn't be deleting posts that clearly didn't break the guidelines, he promptly removed ALL moderators and admins, THEN put the forum in read-only mode and removed the DNS entry. 

I'd believe him if he had just taken the forum down while resetting moderator and admin passwords and revoking Qain's access, but he only took it down after he got some serious backlash for clearly trying to censor people. 

There are screenshots of the posts where he was called out by community members, the post where the mod tells him to stop deleting posts is still on the TS forum, as is proof of him revoking mod privileges.  There are also logs of the whole incident, and everything paints a different story than what Logan is claiming.

He also disabled comments on the YT video itself.  Was that because of Qain too? 

Luckily Wendell was able to restore the moderators' privileges and the community quickly spread the word on the workaround for the DNS problem.

-----

Personally I don't think the community is just going to let this fly.  Deleting users' posts because they backed him into a corner can only be seen as abuse of his admin privileges and essentially an attempt to censor those that question him.  The TS forum is probably the last place where you'd want to pull that kind of stuff. 

Based on the info we currently have and what those of us who were in the forum have witnessed, I wouldn't be surprised if Logan is done for.  It'll be really hard to regain even a part of the trust that he has lost.

He has clearly indicated in his Twitlonger post that he wants to assemble a local crew and have less Wendell on the show.  Wendell has also clearly stated that he was on his way out of TS.   If we don't see any hard evidence that Wendell is in fact a supervillain and Wendell wants to provide a home for the TS community, that's where an overwhelming majority is going to go. 

2 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Yeah that tends to happen when you bring out a fucking flame thrower and attempt to burn down your own fucking forums. I'll reiterate my feelings on the situation:

Spoiler

FUCK LOGAN.

You don't get to say "I'm sorry" after you pull that fucking shit on your patreons, on your admins, on your motherfucking business partners. If Qain or Wendell continue to do business with him they:

1) Are naiive to trust him again

2) Should also not be supported with patreon money

-------

Current Rig

-------

Logan

" I actually didn't mean to take the site down... I was changing all my passwords after Qain left, couldn't remember cloudflare so I changed to a new account and the IPs were off.  "

Bullshit Logan, we literally have screencaps on exactly WHY you took the site down you edgy man-child.

Wendell was the only one that kept me watching Kek Syndicate.

This statement alone proves how untrustworthy you are and how much better off Wendell will be without you.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

"trolls and mud-slingers"

Do you mean everyone who's been calling you out on your bullshit Logan?

Are the "real fans" the only ones who give you a pass and let it slide that your behavior is what's caused the rift between you and your business partners?

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Personally I would say give it another day so that Wendell and Logan can talk it out, and wait for an update.

I feel like many people here are shitting on them after only seeing part of the story.

Remember folks, don't judge someone based on the chapter that you walked in on. Logan may well be entirely at fault, or maybe he is sincere in his apology.

I'd like to wait for the entire truth to come out before I burn him at the stake.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

They lost nearly a hundred patreon backers.  The damage is done.  Let's see if more go.