The situation at Tek syndicate

spartaman64

I subbed to their channel years ago because of Wendell. Now without him I don`t see any reason to follow anymore. :|

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

9 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Part of the problem with people commenting on stuff they have no private information about.

Yeah I get it - a lot of the LTT and TS community seems to dislike Pistol. But holy shit - the things people were saying about her in the other thread that got locked - who do they think they are, judging someone and making up stories that "might be true". Seriously one person basically said "Well it might be true so prove me wrong" when saying something about Pistol.

Ya idk.  I'm just clearing up this little bit of misinformation

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

1 hour ago, Yoinkerman said:

They're not a couple.  I've been with Logan (in person) while he was talking to his gf and it wasn't her.

11 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Part of the problem with people commenting on stuff they have no private information about.

Yeah I get it - a lot of the LTT and TS community seems to dislike Pistol. But holy shit - the things people were saying about her in the other thread that got locked - who do they think they are, judging someone and making up stories that "might be true". Seriously one person basically said "Well it might be true so prove me wrong" when saying something about Pistol.

ok i saw a forum post saying that she is his girlfriend but might not be true and doesnt make too much of a different if she is just his friend. and as I said there is no proof that she was a contributor to this mess so we cant assume that but we cant say she doesnt have anything to do with this either because we dont know

Could this be topic be locked at this point? I think we've now understood the "situation" at Tek Syndicate, and anything further is simply gossiping and rumour milling in areas that simply do not directly concern anyone but the Tek Syndicate staff. For further updates, go to their site for info.

6 minutes ago, Mysticode said:

Could this be topic be locked at this point? I think we've now understood the "situation" at Tek Syndicate, and anything further is simply gossiping and rumour milling in areas that simply do not directly concern anyone but the Tek Syndicate staff. For further updates, go to their site for info.

If you think the thread has run it's course, you should report the thread to the Mods and ask them to lock it. Just saying that in the thread here does not guarantee that a Mod will even see your post.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

If you think the thread has run it's course, you should report the thread to the Mods and ask them to lock it. Just saying that in the thread here does not guarantee that a Mod will even see your post.

I've only found a way to report a post, not an entire thread.

Just now, Mysticode said:

Yep so you just report your own post (Or just pick the last one in the thread).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 minutes ago, Mysticode said:

Pretty sure the mods are fully aware of this thread :)

As a Portlander I was really excited for future TS meetups and LANs etc. I'll probably still attend assuming TS continues to exist. Similar to how I feel about LTT - I'm more interested in the community than the YouTube Personalities anyway, and both have great communities. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

45 minutes ago, Mysticode said:

Well it does feel like beating a dead horse at this point but this is already the second topic on this subject... I don't want to see more sprouting up xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

All good things comes to an end. Top Gear died, Archer seems uncertain, Stephen Fry quit QI, IPB theme disappeared, Kyle XY never got a real ending. The list, quite frankly, is long. While I think it's sad that TS seems to be falling apart, it's been a long time since I really enjoyed their content. It's the memory of better days, when Wendell was just a couple of eyes behind a monitor and Logan used WW's offices, that saddens me (I still get nostalgic every time I hear Inferno (aka The Tek intro music)).

Logan strikes me as a guy who can't stay put for very long, maybe even as a guy who starts things and struggles to finish them. It seems to me he got restless.

Considering how Tek Syndicate has evolved, I'm not sure it will make it to that list I mentioned...

53 minutes ago, KaareKanin said:

All good things comes to an end. Top Gear died, Archer seems uncertain, Stephen Fry quit QI, IPB theme disappeared, Kyle XY never got a real ending. The list, quite frankly, is long. While I think it's sad that TS seems to be falling apart, it's been a long time since I really enjoyed their content. It's the memory of better days, when Wendell was just a couple of eyes behind a monitor and Logan used WW's offices, that saddens me (I still get nostalgic every time I hear Inferno (aka The Tek intro music)).

Logan strikes me as a guy who can't stay put for very long, maybe even as a guy who starts things and struggles to finish them. It seems to me he got restless.

Considering how Tek Syndicate has evolved, I'm not sure it will make it to that list I mentioned...

I don't mean to get off topic, but Archer was just renewed for an 8th season to premier in January 2017.

Other then that, I do agree with your point.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

8 hours ago, Yamoto42 said:

Any chances of a Professionals Communicating Poorly forum?

I (and I bet alot of others) would be totally into a Professionals <verb>ing Poorly brand.

I dont fully understand what you try to ask?

But like i said, we are looking for the best options for the future of the forum and community.

But the problem with this topic is that there is allot of miss information posted by users who make up some assumptions that they dont have any information about.

3 hours ago, KaareKanin said:

Dito to the first part!

Logan is an artist, and as such he has a different mindset as the likes of Wendell.. not to say that is a bad thing. I think that's what made TS great - a bunch of colorfull characters nerding about computer stuff!

I get the disappointment but saying Logan or Pistol for that matter are the only one(s) responsible for the situation is not only unfair but false. I don't want to go too deep but if a team fails it is not only the coach who is responsible. The recent events are the fruits of miscommunication or no communication at all.

I'd say we wait and see what Logan & Wendell come up with, such things need a bit of time. 

On 8/30/2016 at 2:20 PM, LAwLz said:

To be fair, he has been like that since he started the channel.

Wait, do we know if 100K is missing from their account? I haven't really bothered following this since I am actually hoping the channel dies (it has done more harm than good over the years, with all the misinformation some of the hosts keep spewing).

I am surprised no one on here has brought up Pistol's (most likely) expensive as balls fursuit. A high quality fursuit is like 3000 dollars, and if we are making wild claims like Logan is spending money on cocaine then using company funds for fursuits seems pretty tame.

(Yes, I brought this up just to make that pun)

this is a late response I know, but uuhhhh, did anybody see barnacules's response to the instagram post?

477ae81f0f.png

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

3 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

this is a late response I know, but uuhhhh, did anybody see barnacules's response to the instagram post?

How's the saying go?

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

??

On 7-9-2016 at 0:45 PM, subscribe_to_linus_again said:

TS forum is offline...

could this bee because I was trying to post the fursuit picture in there lol.

No there were some updates to the forum that needed to be done. ;)

6 hours ago, Sintezza said:

No there were some updates to the forum that needed to be done. ;)

getting ride of all evidence of the other people who had part in the company cough cough

5 hours ago, Jstone said:

getting ride of all evidence of the other people who had part in the company cough cough

More likely doing a security audit and making sure all info is changed, so that previous employees have no access... you know, the industry standard thing any company does after people with access quit or are fired.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

More likely doing a security audit and making sure all info is changed, so that previous employees have no access... you know, the industry standard thing any company does after people with access quit or are fired.

or get told to hit the road

Even I've lost interest at this point guys let it go. Forum offline, why were you still fucking lurking there anyway to even notice? Nothing to see.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Jstone said:

or get told to hit the road

I believe:

or are fired

covers that ;)

11 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Wasn't that why it went down the first time?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

2 hours ago, soup said:

Wasn't that why it went down the first time?

Yeah but if you recall, that was Logan "freaking out" over a situation that was spiraling out of control. You really think he was of clear mind during that time? He could have very easily missed stuff (especially since Wendell was apparently able to backdoor his way back in - which makes sense, given that Wendell was the administrator of the server). It's quite possible they went back in to make sure all back doors were closed and that all passwords were changed, just in case Logan missed any.

I'm not saying with 100% certainty that this is what happened, but it's a hell of a lot more logical then "SHIT JUST HIT THE FAN! THIS IS A PRECURSOR TO LOGAN RUNNING AWAY TO MEXICO W/ PATREON MONEY!"

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Yeah but if you recall, that was Logan "freaking out" over a situation that was spiraling out of control. You really think he was of clear mind during that time? He could have very easily missed stuff (especially since Wendell was apparently able to backdoor his way back in - which makes sense, given that Wendell was the administrator of the server). It's quite possible they went back in to make sure all back doors were closed and that all passwords were changed, just in case Logan missed any.

I'm not saying with 100% certainty that this is what happened, but it's a hell of a lot more logical then "SHIT JUST HIT THE FAN! THIS IS A PRECURSOR TO LOGAN RUNNING AWAY TO MEXICO W/ PATREON MONEY!"

Actually my assumption here is far more simple: Given than Wendell is likely out why would he keep hosting the forums? He's not in the business of web hosting and did so just to save cash but Logan probably has to move everything to a new server.

-------

Current Rig

-------