AMD Computex 2016 - Polaris and Zen Revealed

1 minute ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

AMD cards always underperform on/ before launch and grow with every driver update. For example the Fury X couldn't beat the 980 Ti in many many games at launch, a few driver updates later and they're on par with the Fury X winning in DX12 and DX11 when 4K mostly every game.

The point he was making was that additional headroom they have to improve its performance.

Performance should be there on launch. I don't want to buy cards and not get what I'm paying for. 49% utilization? What a joke.

2 minutes ago, Juanse said:

I kinda saw that the demos had different graphics settings

1 minute ago, Juanse said:

GET BACK TO BUILDING CONSOLES!

Are you here to just troll?

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

1 minute ago, hex4 said:

Are you here to just troll?

Well, they don't look the same, go back and check, you'll notice what I mean

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

1 minute ago, AlexTheRose said:

except you’re getting what you pay for, in time. Can’t wait? Buy Nvidia then :)

Except you aren't because nothing is being said that AMD can actually make a driver for once.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Except you aren't because nothing is being said that AMD can actually make a driver for once.

To be fair, Polaris hasn't launched yet. Might change when it does.

Well, they don't look the same, go back and check, you'll notice what I mean

They looked the same, you do know that if you leave nVIDIA drivers standard they play with limited colour?

I have to manually select full colour range on my PC with any nVIDIA GPU.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Didnt NVIDIA kill 1000000 PC´s with an Driver this Year ? Something about tha is in the back of my Head :D If im wrong make sure to correct me.

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Because I want to spend $500 on two cards with bad scaling.

AMD. What. Are. You. DOING?!

Also, to be fair, they did say they were working on drivers for it.

2 minutes ago, hex4 said:

They looked the same, you do know that if you leave nVIDIA drivers standard they play with limited colour?

I have to manually select full colour range on my PC with any nVIDIA GPU.

The demo on the left looks much less detailed

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

How could you tell. They weren't streaming at 4K they look exactly the same

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

nvidia *tried* to break the bulk of money needed to have an OP GPU but i think AMD has done it the right way
i mean what GPUs can we buy with 200$ nowadays and how many of them could run DOOM and battlefield1?

Get new eyes, they looked exactly the same.

7 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Performance should be there on launch. I don't want to buy cards and not get what I'm paying for. 49% utilization? What a joke.

Nvidia has 320 software developers brute-forcing solutions to DX11 problems directly with developers, that's how they've managed to "look like" they have the better product every launch and thus muscle 74% market share. And let's not forget about GameWorks baking into games to lock AMD users out of features by "partnering" developers.

AMD instead took that same R&D money, developed Mantle to kickstart DX12 and Vulkan, because Microsoft were sitting on their asses. This is making life better for all gamers. And their cards STILL win price points.

Just remember that once no more games are developed for DX11, Nvidia won't be able to brute force performance parity through software anymore - DX12 performance is always going to be in a 5% range of actual hardware potential.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

2 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

What are you talking about?

AMD cards always underperform on/ before launch and grow with every driver update.
The point he was making was that additional headroom they have to improve its performance. 
except you’re getting what you pay for, in time.

Product should be working 100% on launch, because there is no guarantee that it will be working 100% later on.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

To be fair, Polaris hasn't launched yet. Might change when it does.

The least they could do is make a working driver for a single benchmark..

2 minutes ago, nskceaj said:

Didnt NVIDIA kill 1000000 PC´s with an Driver this Year ? Something about tha is in the back of my Head :D If im wrong make sure to correct me.

Yeah not even close.

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Also, to be fair, they did say they were working on drivers for it.

See my second quote response.

Well obviously you can't use the full potential of a card unless a driver is made. And it's always happening at every launch of a new game that it takes a little bit of time to create driver compatible to that game and card. They highlighted it on the stream that, $500 with a headroom.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

You people need to stop being assholes about AMD. Last time they released something everyone complained that they overhyped it, and now that they didn't all you guys do is complain more.

11 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

I don't need to upgrade from my 290x at all, but now I want to - just to send a message that what we need more than anything else in PC gaming - is affordability. Intel and Nvidia are just spinning out of control with prices.

I agree but they have the ability to charge that and still have a lot of buyers because of the fact that they have both been at the number 1 spot for their type of hardware for nearly a decade without any competition. Also the fact that nVidia can do with one card what takes AMD 2 albeit with a ~$100 increase (My $600 price comes from the fact that board partners will price between $600-$650 for the same and/or better performance for cheaper than the founders edition). 

Intel i7-5820k OC'ed to 4.2GHz @1.225 V; w/ Corsair H110i GTX2x Asus Strix 980ti's; Asus Rampage V Extreme; 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistics GDDR4 RAM; EVGA 1000P2 psu

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8608142 boost clock of 1493MHz

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jjar35/saved/#view=ghCWGX + 43" 4k Vizio M-Series TV

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

AMD cards always underperform on/ before launch and grow with every driver update.
except you’re getting what you pay for, in time.

Product should be working 100% on launch, because there is no guarantee that it will be working 100% later on.

The least they could do is make a working driver for a single benchmark..

Yeah not even close.

See my second quote response.

Eh, fair enough. Though I'll wait to see if said driver pops up before making a

6 minutes ago, nskceaj said:

Yeah, not that many.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Product should be working 100% on launch

You forget something here.

Driver improvements don't scale infinitely. There's a limit. The hardware's limit is fixed, whether you release it after doing 20% optimization, or after doing 30%. In the end, the best card is going to be better no matter what. Like we've seen with the Fury X scaling farther than the 980 Ti.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

6 minutes ago, nskceaj said:

I swear AMD did the same thing last year with a driver but I can remember which one it was since I use nVidia I just remember hearing a lot about it.

Intel i7-5820k OC'ed to 4.2GHz @1.225 V; w/ Corsair H110i GTX2x Asus Strix 980ti's; Asus Rampage V Extreme; 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistics GDDR4 RAM; EVGA 1000P2 psu

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8608142 boost clock of 1493MHz

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jjar35/saved/#view=ghCWGX + 43" 4k Vizio M-Series TV

Look at the snow and the shadows, there's snow in some parts where there aren't in the other one

AMD.png

18 minutes ago, LabRat said:

I don't remember him saying 2 480's but a dual card. ( a single card ) ( unless I missed something ).... for under $500.

he said 2 480's. not a single card

Red (Soon to be Retired)CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: CM 212 Evo  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz Mobo: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 SSD: Kingston 128 GB (Boot), Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB (Main Games) HDD: WD Black 1 TB (Storage + Older Games) PSU: EVGA W1 500W Monitor: Dell ST2220l 21.5". Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard, Razer Deathadder Mouse, SteelSeries mosepad, 

Why were the AMD CF GPUs demoing at only 51% utilization, when the point was to show how much faster it could be than a GTX 1080, if it could do more?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Nvidia has 320 software developers brute-forcing solutions to DX11 problems directly with developers, that's how they've managed to "look like" they have the better product every launch and thus muscle 74% market share. And let's not forget about GameWorks baking into games to lock AMD users out of features by "partnering" developers.

AMD instead took that same R&D money, developed Mantle to kickstart DX12 and Vulkan, because Microsoft were sitting on their asses. This is making life better for all gamers. And their cards STILL win price points.

Just remember that once no more games are developed for DX11, Nvidia won't be able to brute force performance parity through software anymore - DX12 performance is always going to be in a 5% range of actual hardware potential.

Except having better performance is having better performance. There's nothing else to it. If they can make a driver that works because that's their job then they're obviously doing their job.

Except GameWorks are Nvidia specific features because of software design for CUDA acceleration. AMD could get a license if they want, but choose not to. Sorry, business is business, don't whine if you can't play ball.

Except DX12 has been in development for years with no reason to push forward because nobody is going to use anything other than DX11 since it's too much to learn something new and Mantle fell on its face.