I think LTT makes up a majority of Vessel views...

Henry
2 hours ago, derick90 said:

I welcome you to piss off. I'm not entirely sure where you people get off on stoning someone for something I guarantee every last person, including myself, has done. I challenge one person to come forward and say they've never not followed through on a promise, and I guarantee with 100% certainty on top of being unreliable, you're also a liar. Get off your self righteous high horses and do something productive with your life. 

To be fair, if I've learnt anything from this thread it's that Linus believes that he hasn't reneged on his promise. He's stated quite clearly, that the "all LMG content will be available for free, ad supported". He's stood by the stance quite firmly that Nerd Sports doesn't fall within the remit of that "promise", because it's not LGM content.

8 hours ago, louisoft01 said:

I think this is the end of my journey with LMG content it was a good one and i will miss it.

Unsubbed

Don't let the door hit ya =]

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

People seem to forget that they have a choice subscribe to Vessel or dont, personally I dont subscribe to Vessel on the grounds that besides LMG I have no interested in what else Vessel have to offer so If I dont see the exclusive videos that's fine by me I'm not going to be sore about it and created silly threads.

So you may ask do you contribute to LMG? and the answer is yes, I dont use adblock on anything related LMG and I try help out on the forum as best I can but vessel surely isn't one of them for above reason now If YouTube red was available where I live now that would be something I sign up to.

So to cap it off anyone bitching a moaning its time to mature and realize you have a choice sign up or dont but leave the silly tantrums at the door because if your upset over that small fact life is going to hurt you hard.

1 minute ago, PCBjon said:

People seem to forget that they have a choice subscribe to Vessel or dont, personally I dont subscribe to Vessel on the grounds that besides LMG I have no interested in what else Vessel have to offer so If I dont see the exclusive videos that's fine by me I'm not going to be sore about it and created silly threads.

So you may ask do you contribute to LMG? and the answer is yes, I dont use adblock on anything related LMG and I try help out on the forum as best I can but vessel surely isn't one of them for above reason now If YouTube red was available where I live now that would be something I sign up to.

So to cap it off anyone bitching a moaning its time to mature and realize you have a choice sign up or dont but leave the silly tantrums at the door because if your upset over that small fact life is going to hurt you hard.

2 hours ago, givingtnt said:

because if your like me and contributed on the forum with the intent of giving 5$ a month because they get 100% of that money instead of 3$/month to vessel witch then gives idk how much. and wish to watch all the content. then you have a reason not to like this 

@LinusTech this is mostly why I complain. whether its a mistake or not.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

24 minutes ago, PCBjon said:

OK so they lied....Now what, what do you want?

This right here is some thing i don't like about those that said he lied, he made the mistake and is aware of it and regrets it, and he even said sorry for his miscommunication, so what else can he do to make it right then? if they are so pissed about it they can just not follow or watch his content, but then what? how HE is going to make it right in the eyes of those that says he straight up just lied to everyone, i mean everyone makes mistakes, the fact that for Linus got this far (over 6 years on youtube and almost 2.5 million subs on the main channel alone, a warehouse for a office and over 12 employees that he is responsible for) and not screw up to this level is pretty freaking impressive, i consider that an achievement of great heights that almost nobody has ever reached, getting this big without alienating his users up to this point is like i like i said, pretty freaking impressive.

So yeah what can Linus legit do to after he said sorry to make it right in the eyes of those that said he lied?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

2 minutes ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

This right here is some thing i don't like about those that said he lied, he made the mistake and is aware of it and regrets it, and he even said sorry for his miscommunication, so what else can he do to make it right then? if they are so pissed about it you can just not follow or watch his content, but then what? how HE is going to make it right in the eyes of those that says he straight up just lied to everyone, i mean everyone makes mistakes, the fact that for Linus to got this far (over 6 years on youtube and almost 2.5 million subs on the main channel alone, a warehouse for a office and over 12 employees that he is responsible for) and not screw up to this level is pretty freaking impressive, i consider that an achievement of great heights that almost nobody has ever reached, getting this big without alienating his users up to this point is like i like i said, pretty freaking impressive.

So yeah what can Linus legit do to after he said sorry to make it right in the eyes of those that said he lied?

What I mean is even if he lied or didnt or some breakdown in communication, like you said above everyone makes mistake I'v been self employed for almost 8 years and boy have I made some stupid mistakes but I just have to move on nothing I can do but learn from it.

So content paid for by Vessel and owned by Vessel is exclusive to Vessel... I'm confused, what are people complaining about?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Just now, Suika said:

So content paid for by Vessel and owned by Vessel is exclusive to Vessel... I'm confused, what are people complaining about?

ltt produced it and linus said all their produced content will be free and never behind a paywall. on multiple occasions.

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just now, Suika said:

^^THIS^^ but yeah they're complaining that linus broke their hearts by vessel paywalling their content. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

ltt produced it and linus said all their produced content will be free and never behind a paywall. on multiple occasions.

You haven't clarified, you've only decided to interpret Linus differently. Go back to the very video you've decided to interpret Linus from.

"All Linus Media Group content will continue to be available free and ad supported on both YouTube, and Vessel."

Yes, it lacks clarification, but Linus did not state that all LMG content produced will be available, he only stated all LMG content will be available. This could imply that only LMG owned content will be available, so if Vessel owns the rights to Nerd Sports, LMG has no power, and Linus has not gone back on what he said.

On 3/8/2016 at 2:57 AM, Ramrod126 said:

Cali and Washington

throwing shade at Jay and Jerry lol

19 minutes ago, Suika said:

You haven't clarified, you've only decided to interpret Linus differently. Go back to the very video you've decided to interpret Linus from.

"All Linus Media Group content will continue to be available free and ad supported on both YouTube, and Vessel."

Yes, it lacks clarification, but Linus did not state that all LMG content produced will be available, he only stated all LMG content will be available. This could imply that only LMG owned content will be available, so if Vessel owns the rights to Nerd Sports, LMG has no power, and Linus has not gone back on what he said.

All LMG content = all LMG content produced. its litteraly the same thing. 

Just now, givingtnt said:

All LMG Content = All content LMG owns. So, if you made something, sold it, do you still own it?

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, derick90 said:

All LMG Content = All content LMG owns. So, if you made something, sold it, do you still own it?

I still own all my copies of the raw files. you sell a liscence to use it. but its still mine.

2 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

I still own all my copies of the raw files. you sell a liscence to use it. but its still mine.

I don't believe you understand how the production world works. Any and all content pertaining to the purchased content is which includes raw files ect, is under sole ownership of the purchaser. 

Meaning, LMG can not release Nerd Sports or use it's raw footage for other purposes. 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, derick90 said:

I don't believe you understand how the production world works. Any and all content pertaining to the purchased content is which includes raw files ect, is under sole ownership of the purchaser. 

lol not where I come from. if I have a contract, I own all the files I produced, before and after I sell it. I can do whatever I want with what I made.

though some companies do it differently.

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

lol not where I come from. if I have a contract, I own all the files I produced, before and after I sell it. I can do whatever I want with what I made.

Think of it this way, you work for a company as an engineer, you invent something while working for them..

That product then is under the companies ownership, not yours, meaning you can't take that to another company and sell it there.

HeadsetLogitech G430  

6 minutes ago, derick90 said:

Think of it this way, you work for a company as an engineer, you invent something while working for them..

That product then is under the companies ownership, not yours, meaning you can't take that to another company and sell it there.

Last I checked, this is how reality works.

What's the point of selling something if you remove the advantage for the purchasing party? Then they get nothing for their effort and investment. If Vessel is the purchasing party, then vessel should reap the rewards.

vSphere Cluster - 72 Cores - 512GB Memory - 6TB SSD RAW - 42TB HDD RAW - vSphere 7

resonance - Dell PowerEdge R730xd - 2x Intel E5-2667 v3 - 128GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz - NVIDIA RTX 5000 - 2x250GB Samsung 870 Pro - 2x1100W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

kat - Dell PowerEdge R630 - 2x Intel E5-2690 v3 - 256GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz - NVIDIA TESLA P4 - 500GB PNY SSD - 4x1TB Crucial SSD - 2x750W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

starlifter - Dell PowerEdge R720 - 2x Intel E5-2650 v2 - 96GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz - 2xNVIDIA GTX 970 + 1050Ti - 500GB SSD - 7x6TB HGST HDD - 2x1100W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

ion - Dell PowerEdge R620 - 2x Intel E5-2650 v2 - 32GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz - NVIDIA QUADRO M2000 - 2x250GB Samsung 870 Pro -2x750W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

Main Rig

Intel i7-5820K @ 4.6GHz

MSI X99S Krait SLI Edition

32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 @ 2400MHz

Aorus GTX 1080Ti Waterforce Xtreme

Intel 280GB 900p

512GB Crucial NvMe

512GB Samsung 860 Evo

EVGA Supernova 850 G2

Thermaltake Core P5

5 minutes ago, derick90 said:

you would be surprised.
it can happen. and it does quite often.

hell I know people who worked at nasa for the coupela, and made a system for it. and the guy still owns it. (and nasa used it too)

15 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

This is not what Linus said, you are putting words in his mouth. It is a very different thing.

10 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

So are you telling me that James Gunn, the director of "Guardians of the Galaxy," is legally allowed to distribute free copies of his movie considering he directed it? I mean, what's his incentive not to? He's already been paid, and people would love him for it!

James would be in prison in less time than it takes me to type out this reply. "Where you come from" doesn't have a whole lot of standing in an argument about legalities.

On 3/8/2016 at 2:16 AM, Nexxus said:

For one hes not doing this as a "free service", its a job for him.

That is true, but on the user/consumer end it is a free service... That's the perspective I was talking from.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

On 3/8/2016 at 11:32 PM, LinusTech said:

With that said, quantity isn't everything, and I've noticed that not everyone has appreciated the LTT content as much as usual lately, but it's hard for me to tell if that's because they don't like our new direction (fewer reviews, and more exploratory or experimental videos) or if they just saw a video or two they didn't like and raised hell in the comment section - it wouldn't be the first time.. And I will say, too, that honestly if a couple of the videos felt rushed then it's probably because they were.. HOWEVER, the primary reason for the rushed videos was  the entire week we're taking off this week to film Scrapyard Wars Season 4, which will be premiering on Vessel sometime in the next few weeks or so, followed by a release on YouTube 1 week later, which is the standard agreement for OUR content that is paid for by LMG or our sponsors.

I've never shied away from investing in more staff or better equipment or a better facility to make sure that we're doing our best for ourselves, each other, our sponsors and our viewers. If we play our cards right, absolutely everyone wins.

The reason why people are not liking the videos lately is because they are not really what you guys do. Usually you guy's have an unique opinion, and you go on with it. But as of lately it's been videos about stuff that we could have searched on youtube from other people.

1) The Diy Paint Booth

2) De-liding processors

3) Law of thermodynamics (AKA Does water cooling cool down your room?)

Today's video should have answered the question. Can you run Virtual reality games on it?...

Anyways Linus try to get some rest, and give an response to the community on how much you care. I think this would clear up all this anger on this forum.

They f'd up.  They should have hired more people before taking on work that makes their core product sh*t.  It's a shame, and Linus should feel bad as their leader.

Why didn't he ask the community first like he used to do?

Years and years ago he asked the community if it was ok he would start to put ads in his video's. Squarespace and linda.com style.

And he told us that if the majority didn't want ads, he would accept that and don't add them to it's video's.

But we agreed, and the ads were added. Everything fine, community was warned and we had a choice that would be respected.

Now, he didn't asked us anything, didn't at least told us about it, which is like not much work, at all. But he didn't and now we have this.

I'm not unsubbing, but i changed my mind on vessel. I was planning to get a subscription, but i won't get one now.

Apart from linus going against it's own vision he had back in the day, vessel is also at fault here. It's partialy their fault for making this reality.

They gave money to LMG to create this, and decided to make it exclusive to vessel. It is completely up to vessel now to keep it that way, or not.

If vessel gives in, changes their mind, and allow it to be on youtube, i'll give them another chance.

Because that would be a sign of vessel realizing they made a mistake, and trying to do somthing about it.

But if they don't, i won't subscribe. They made a big mistake and i'm not giving a company that does something like that my money.

I'm not giving my money to a company that does something i completely don't agree with, simple as that.

TL:DR: I was planning to get a sub, but because of this i won't, unless they make it right again.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

On 3/8/2016 at 7:59 PM, givingtnt said:

@LinusTech @nicklmg exclusive content only avalable for vessel viewers ? is this real ?

I mean, at first it was only for a week early. but thats kinda lame tbh. since you guys said many times that people were wrong to be angry as they though you guys would publish content to vessel only, or have exclusives.

any comments ?

edit : also this is in the trailer for said serie on vessel : 
56de2c8b61092_Screenshot2016-03-0720.35.

Content is expensive. It is probably vessel sponsored so of course it would be exclusive. The regular content won't change, it will be like having Netflix content. 5 years ago it wasn't really worth it but now they have quality shows. So maybe vessel would be worth it in the future. But if this was the case. I would much rather prefer Netflix and have everything in one. 

Creator Of That Awkward Silence