I think LTT makes up a majority of Vessel views...

Henry
3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Was it "poorly worded" because it did not cover your butt for changes in the future that you did not expect to happen anyway?

I'd say that's pretty much spot on (and quite obvious), I mean he could've written a 10 page speech of all possible scenarios and still he probably wouldn't be able to cover all of them. Maybe "not detailed enough" or something along those lines, but it's far easier to say "poorly worded", and quite more simple, but by now we all get the general idea. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I think this is the end of my journey with LMG content it was a good one and i will miss it.

Unsubbed

Okay, I don't post much, but I felt this thread needed more positive input. I am having a hard time believing all the garbage @linustech and his team are taking for this, the arguments in this thread are enough to make my eyes bleed.

I've been watching since the NCIX days and the quality of the content has always been increasing. With this newest expansion to the new office it is obvious that LMG has been experiencing growing pains. I'm pretty sure that is part of life when you are growing a company, you make good choices, bad choices, you learn and move on.

Linus and crew have done an excellent job moving and expanding their business. They deserve support from their community which has, for the most part, recieved a free edutainment experience for the better part of the last half of the decade.

I mean 3 dollars. That is not much money guys. Anyways, Linus. Thank you for your content. The work you put in is obvious. It's obvious you care about your viewers, and I for one will continue watching and enjoying the results of the hard work of LMG. You are all awesome.

vSphere Cluster - 72 Cores - 512GB Memory - 6TB SSD RAW - 42TB HDD RAW - vSphere 7

resonance - Dell PowerEdge R730xd - 2x Intel E5-2667 v3 - 128GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz - NVIDIA RTX 5000 - 2x250GB Samsung 870 Pro - 2x1100W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

kat - Dell PowerEdge R630 - 2x Intel E5-2690 v3 - 256GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz - NVIDIA TESLA P4 - 500GB PNY SSD - 4x1TB Crucial SSD - 2x750W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

starlifter - Dell PowerEdge R720 - 2x Intel E5-2650 v2 - 96GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz - 2xNVIDIA GTX 970 + 1050Ti - 500GB SSD - 7x6TB HGST HDD - 2x1100W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

ion - Dell PowerEdge R620 - 2x Intel E5-2650 v2 - 32GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz - NVIDIA QUADRO M2000 - 2x250GB Samsung 870 Pro -2x750W 80+ Plat - ESXi 7.0U3

Main Rig

Intel i7-5820K @ 4.6GHz

MSI X99S Krait SLI Edition

32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 @ 2400MHz

Aorus GTX 1080Ti Waterforce Xtreme

Intel 280GB 900p

512GB Crucial NvMe

512GB Samsung 860 Evo

EVGA Supernova 850 G2

Thermaltake Core P5

Oh, man. Unsubbing because there is extra content with a miniscule price tag? 

Emphasis on extra. 

Do not feed.

1 hour ago, Shylidi said:

Okay, I don't post much, but I felt this thread needed more positive input. I am having a hard time believing all the garbage @linustech and his team are taking for this, the arguments in this thread are enough to make my eyes bleed.

I've been watching since the NCIX days and the quality of the content has always been increasing. With this newest expansion to the new office it is obvious that LMG has been experiencing growing pains. I'm pretty sure that is part of life when you are growing a company, you make good choices, bad choices, you learn and move on.

Linus and crew have done an excellent job moving and expanding their business. They deserve support from their community which has, for the most part, recieved a free edutainment experience for the better part of the last half of the decade.

I mean 3 dollars. That is not much money guys. Anyways, Linus. Thank you for your content. The work you put in is obvious. It's obvious you care about your viewers, and I for one will continue watching and enjoying the results of the hard work of LMG. You are all awesome.

well goddamn i think i need vessel now. but i wonder since i live in country with euros, if i get some extra fines for turning euros into dollars, its going to suck. also another problem to watch a whole weeks content at one time, uh huh. + the exclusives. im not complaining about that btw. ltt is a goddamn company. 3 dollars a month doesn't seem much to me. 

On 3/8/2016 at 3:55 AM, SamStrecker said:

I also think this is true. I looked at other big Youtubers and they only have like 50 comments and 300 likes when linus has 600 comments and 3K likes

unbox therapy makes linus collect dust in terms of likes.

On 8.3.2016 at 8:32 AM, LinusTech said:

IT's late and I'm both hungry and tired from shooting Scrapyard Wars (which by the way is an LTT series and will be airing ad-supported on YouTube very soon for your viewing pleasure).

But there are a few points to address and you've already been patient enough.

I said LMG content would always be free. This was poor wording on my part. There has always been content produced by me and my team that was not necessarily available on a free platform like YouTube.

These "The Boost" videos that we make on contract as a sales training resource for Intel, for example:

In much the same way, Vessel has contracted LMG the production company to create an original series for their platform. They bankrolled the whole thing, giving us an opportunity to make something that otherwise would have been too costly, and per the licensing agreement they own the right to exploit this content. It's their show until such time as they decide it's not anymore.

We played more of a "production company" role in this than we're accustomed to.

This could, and SHOULD have been communicated better, and for that I'm sorry. The community should have heard about this from us FIRST, and not from a random email newsletter, but I've been (and so has the whole team) absolutely busting ass to not only get Nerd Sports produced, but also make sure that we're keeping up with everything else that we've got going on including not having missed a single day of LTT uploads for something like 5 years..

With that said, quantity isn't everything, and I've noticed that not everyone has appreciated the LTT content as much as usual lately, but it's hard for me to tell if that's because they don't like our new direction (fewer reviews, and more exploratory or experimental videos) or if they just saw a video or two they didn't like and raised hell in the comment section - it wouldn't be the first time.. And I will say, too, that honestly if a couple of the videos felt rushed then it's probably because they were.. HOWEVER, the primary reason for the rushed videos was  the entire week we're taking off this week to film Scrapyard Wars Season 4, which will be premiering on Vessel sometime in the next few weeks or so, followed by a release on YouTube 1 week later, which is the standard agreement for OUR content that is paid for by LMG or our sponsors.

Nerd Sports was shot 40% during evenings and weekends with employees taking time in lieu later on when we hire some more staff or when things slow down a little. We were careful to avoid disrupting any of our other commitments because imo you guys deserve the best we can deliver.

Which is another point that was brought up in this thread - "How will LMG keep its commitment to maintain the pace and quality of the other content if they're making Nerd Sports or other contractual content?"

We couldn't. We're hiring.

I've never shied away from investing in more staff or better equipment or a better facility to make sure that we're doing our best for ourselves, each other, our sponsors and our viewers. If we play our cards right, absolutely everyone wins.

Nerd Sports has been a fantastic learning experience for us, and whether we continue the series with Vessel, create other completely different web series in the future, or just say "fudge it" and flip burgers from now on, we'll be able to do those things better than we could have without having done this.

So bottom line is this. I screwed up the way I communicated "LMG content", which was meant to be content funded BY Linus Media Group rather than content funded entirely by and licensed to a 3rd party, and I screwed up in a MUCH bigger way the LACK of communication about this project. Sorry guys.

Not a fan of that and your admittance makes it a bit better but still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

As for the appreciation of the latest LTT videos - I only found one video to be absolutely useless and that was the video about if watercooling would cool your room which is such a dump question that I can't imagine why you would invest time and effort in testing this!

Another thing worth discussing is a lack of detail in your reviews. These days I expect some actual information and not just a rad dude in front of a camera, especially considering your recent increased efforts in monitization on so many fronts. For example - if you review a headset I expect some information about the sound signature like if it's flat or V-shaped and also an actual testsample of the microphone in the video instead of just saying if it's good or bad. As it is those reviews have very little informational value. Same thing goes for laptops where I actually want to hear the laptop under full load to have at least an estimate about what to expect in terms of noise levels. There are many other examples which I don't recall from the top of my head where the videos are flatout missing some very important information.

Overall I'd say please keep in mind that we as viewers have to get something out of your videos and that making money from them shouldn't be your first but your secondary priority.

Edited by Hans Power
more comprehensive wording

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

@nicklmg Any comments on this?: 

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

On 8/3/2016 at 5:48 PM, LAwLz said:

This is a perfect example of selling out.

Back when Vessel was announced, Linus made sure to state, over and over, that the content was just going to be early access, and he would still upload to YouTube. To quote Linus "everything we release will still go on YouTube as well", and "all Linus Media Group content will continue to be available for free and ad supported on both YouTube and Vessel" and I am fairly sure he said similar things in other videos and posts as well.

Then Vessel offers him money and oops, all of a sudden all the previous statements were just "badly worded" and no longer true. When it was convenient for him to say the content would go up on YouTube (back when people were very skeptical of Vessel) he said just that, but now when things has changed and he can make more money, he goes against it. That is selling out.

I will neither enjoy this new series (because I won't renew Vessel) and I won't pretend like it was never made because I was lied to, and so were you. If you are fine with being lied to then good for you I guess. What bothers me though is this sleazy attitude Linus has where he is going "oh it was just badly worded and miscommunication" instead of being honest and saying it how it actually is. The circumstances has changed and he is going back on his words.

Edit:

People seem to have this really backwards idea that anyone who criticizes a decision is a hater who just wants to hate. The exact opposite is true. The people voicing their opinions regarding bad decisions are the fans that truly cares. "The opposite of love is not hate. It's indifference", and I see a lot of people being indifferent in this thread.

I agree with you on every single word.

On 8.3.2016 at 5:48 PM, LAwLz said:

This is a perfect example of selling out.

Back when Vessel was announced, Linus made sure to state, over and over, that the content was just going to be early access, and he would still upload to YouTube. To quote Linus "everything we release will still go on YouTube as well", and "all Linus Media Group content will continue to be available for free and ad supported on both YouTube and Vessel" and I am fairly sure he said similar things in other videos and posts as well.

Then Vessel offers him money and oops, all of a sudden all the previous statements were just "badly worded" and no longer true. When it was convenient for him to say the content would go up on YouTube (back when people were very skeptical of Vessel) he said just that, but now when things has changed and he can make more money, he goes against it. That is selling out.

I will neither enjoy this new series (because I won't renew Vessel) and I won't pretend like it was never made because I was lied to, and so were you. If you are fine with being lied to then good for you I guess. What bothers me though is this sleazy attitude Linus has where he is going "oh it was just badly worded and miscommunication" instead of being honest and saying it how it actually is. The circumstances has changed and he is going back on his words.

Edit:

People seem to have this really backwards idea that anyone who criticizes a decision is a hater who just wants to hate. The exact opposite is true. The people voicing their opinions regarding bad decisions are the fans that truly cares. "The opposite of love is not hate. It's indifference", and I see a lot of people being indifferent in this thread.

After watching the links you provided unfortunately I have to agree with what you said - it wasn't poor wording or a miscommunication. Like it or not this is a violation of our trust in him and I'm deeply disappointed.

This would be even worse if the exclusive show would pull even more resources away from the regular content and lead to even shallower and hastier put together videos. This would be a loss for most viewers.

Edited by Hans Power
Additional thoughts

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

2 hours ago, joppetie said:

@nicklmg Any comments on this?: 

look at page 7 of this thread.
and look at the 7 other pages to see the responses

linus basically said its a misscommunication and poor wording, aka a kinda believe me please way of saying he didn't screw his viewers over.

so you can either think he's a liar, or think that he made a mistake. your choice.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Oh dear god this is still going on? Even after Linus himself has explained the facts of the matter??? This is pathetic, if you place people on such a high pedestal over everything you're bound to be "disappointed". He's human, mistakes happen and maybe a "promise" such as the one y'all are complaining about was naive to say at the time, shit happens, grow up and move past it... After all you're still subscribed to the channel no? You're still on the forum no? Which counts for something.  

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, derick90 said:

Oh dear god this is still going on? Even after Linus himself has explained the facts of the matter??? This is pathetic, if you place people on such a high pedestal over everything you're bound to be "disappointed". He's human, mistakes happen and maybe a "promise" such as the one y'all are complaining about was naive to say at the time, shit happens, grow up and move past it... After all you're still subscribed to the channel no? You're still on the forum no? Which counts for something.  

if you want this to stop why do you throw oil at the fire ?

if you don't care, or you don't want people to continue to talk about an obviously interesting and very important subject. Then I welcome you to leave this thread. perhaps unfollow it as well. if you are.

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just now, givingtnt said:

if you want this to stop why do you throw oil at the fire ?

I didn't. I, on behalf of us tech nerds, have called a cease fire. =]

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Just now, derick90 said:

I must be getting old, because I'm literally going to use the phrase "kids these days". Watch out, here it comes:

Kids these days feel like they're entitled to everything, nothing should cost anything because of reasons and they will crap down your neck for oppressing them in this horrible manner.

Do not feed.

Just now, TheWoollyMammoth said:

I must be getting old, because I'm literally going to use the phrase "kids these days". Watch out, here it comes:

Kids these days feel like they're entitled to everything, nothing should cost anything because of reasons and they will crap down your neck for oppressing them in this horrible manner.

I can't tell if your a complete ignorant, or you didn't read half the thread now. 

Just now, givingtnt said:

I can't tell if your a complete ignorant, or you didn't read half the thread now. 

Good, let's keep it that way.

Do not feed.

9 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

If you don't care, or you don't want people to continue to talk about an obviously interesting and very important subject. Then I welcome you to leave this thread. perhaps unfollow it as well. if you are.

I welcome you to piss off. I'm not entirely sure where you people get off on stoning someone for something I guarantee every last person, including myself, has done. I challenge one person to come forward and say they've never not followed through on a promise, and I guarantee with 100% certainty on top of being unreliable, you're also a liar. Get off your self righteous high horses and do something productive with your life. 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

47 minutes ago, derick90 said:

I welcome you to piss off. I'm not entirely sure where you people get off on stoning someone for something I guarantee every last person, including myself, has done. I challenge one person to come forward and say they've never not followed through on a promise, and I guarantee with 100% certainty on top of being unreliable, you're also a liar. Get off your self righteous high horses and do something productive with your life. 

because if your like me and contributed on the forum with the intent of giving 5$ a month because they get 100% of that money instead of 3$/month to vessel witch then gives idk how much. and wish to watch all the content. then you have a reason not to like this 

@LinusTech this is mostly why I complain. whether its a mistake or not.

This thread is a massive clusterfuck of a plethora of different opinions on what Linus said on page 6, man this week WAN is the one to NOT miss, ever.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

2 minutes ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

This thread is a massive clusterfuck of a plethora of different opinions on what Linus said on page 6, man this week WAN is the one to NOT miss, ever.

lol yeah

On 3/8/2016 at 3:22 AM, zocke1r said:

this is again not the point im making, my point is lmg lied to us and that is unacceptable

OK so they lied....Now what, what do you want?

2 minutes ago, PCBjon said:

OK so they lied....Now what, what do you want?

A cookie would be nice.... 

Yup...

I'll take a cookie...

On second thought... ... yup just a cookie works...

HeadsetLogitech G430  

This is outrageous and if LMG doesn't release this content to everyone I'm going to... going to... UNSUBSKRIBE.

Yeah, not really. This whole fiasco doesn't really bother me, I totally get that since Vessel is hiring LMG that they should put it on their paid service. However I will say all parties involved could have handled this in a better way, that being LMG, Vessel, and the community. As long as the rest of LMG content is still widely available, I'll keep watching :)