Project Titan - Confirmation Apple are building self-driving car?

Murdoch
Apple is building a self-driving car in Silicon Valley, and is scouting for secure locations in the San Francisco Bay area to test it, the Guardian has learned. Documents show the oft-rumoured Apple car project appears to be further along than many suspected.

In May, engineers from Apple’s secretive Special Project group met with officials from GoMentum Station, a 2,100-acre former naval base near San Francisco that is being turned into a high-security testing ground for autonomous vehicles.

In correspondence obtained by the Guardian under a public records act request, Apple engineer Frank Fearon wrote: “We would ... like to get an understanding of timing and availability for the space, and how we would need to coordinate around other parties who would be using [it].”

Apple declined to comment/

GoMentum Station is on the old Concord naval weapons station, a disused second world war-era facility with 20 miles of paved highways and city streets. The base is closed to the public and guarded by the military, making it, officials claim, “the largest secure test facility in the world” for the “testing validation and commercialization of connected vehicle (CV) applications and autonomous vehicles (AV) technologies to define the next generation of transportation network infrastructure.” Mercedes-Benz and Honda have already carried out experiments with self-driving cars behind its barbed-wire fences.

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/aug/14/apple-self-driving-car-project-titan-sooner-than-expected

Consider this some mini news, as this has been rumoured for a while. But it seems the Guardian has obtained some documents, confirming that Apple has approached a company called GoMentum with regards to testing automated vehicles. Personally, I'm pretty interested to see what comes out of this.

will it have windows 

(sorry had to do it.)

You mean Android Auto?

;)

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Will you need a license for it? I have one but I'm curious :P

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

You mean Android Auto?

its a joke. that everyone has made if apple decided to make a car.

Windows as in a car having windows. and windows as in windows os.

I don't see apple competeing, cars are way more expensive then a high end phone, and apples not gonna produce a cheap jack of all trades car, so that leaves then in the ultra competitive low margin world of luxury cars, seems a waste

will it have windows 

(sorry had to do it.)

Beat me to it.

if-apple-makes-a-car.jpg

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

The thing is, if youre saying that Apple doesnt have headroom to make a mistake and spend too much on something, dont forget we're speaking of the company that is soon to be the world's first trillion dollar company...

Personally Im excited to see what comes

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

This could go two ways, it could end extremely well or horridly, we will have to see.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

"Google does it so we have to do it better!" - Apple 2015

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Since people tend o think apple is going to produce cars I like to take it a bit diffrent.

What if they are working on car prototypes, BUT instead of going into the car market they are developing a 3rd party hardware/software kit that allows normal cars to be turned into autonomous vehicle's, or the possibility they do this to futher their in car system software( Apple Car orso was its name)?

Like said above, the profit margin on luxury cars is very low, it's a known fact apple is all about prift when it comes to labour/part costs(mostly) so them going into cars directly seems unlikely, however them expending into car acesoires with the apple car system and a possible autonomous car upgrade kit doesn't seem as unlikely as that.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

google is way ahead of apple in the area of machine learning and stuff so i don't think it will be as safe as google car

Apple with a self driving car? It will probably drive you to places it deems appropriate only "No sir, you don't really want McDonalds it's not good for you, I'll drive you to the nearest proper restaurant instead"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Ridska here ,

So apple is some what and some way , trying to make a car ( official ) 

Link : http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/news/a26389/report-apple-autonomous-car-code-named-project-titan-confirmed/

AHhhh , yep , it is confirmed that apple is making some what of a car .

Thanks and stay groovie .

P.s , Remember when Mercedes-Benz was laughing at apple for this idea ?!

http://bgr.com/2015/02/24/mercedes-benz-ceo-apple-car/

(⌐■_■) 

980 TDI next?

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

And I can already predict that this will receive the "most commonly vandalized car make ever made" award.

Hell I'd key one. I hate prius's and mustangs but they're so common it's not really worth it to do anything to them. At the very least get some window chalk and write something politically incorrect on the side of it.

Yes, I am an ass. But so is anyone who buys an apple car.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

man when it comes out i want one. 

"Google does it so we have to do it worse!" - Apple 2015

FTFY

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And I can already predict that this will receive the "most commonly vandalized car make ever made" award.

Hell I'd key one. I hate prius's and mustangs but they're so common it's not really worth it to do anything to them. At the very least get some window chalk and write something politically incorrect on the side of it.

Yes, I am an ass. But so is anyone who buys an apple car.

looked up a few for ya, which will be your apple car choice?

cadillac2rb0.656.jpg

topgear_door_amerika.jpg

top-gear-america-pick-up.jpg

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

FTFY

Can't really get any worse than googles abomination..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Can't really get any worse than googles abomination..

except google's car actually drives you around safely the apple car will probably start attacking all the windows around town

except google's car actually drives you around safely the apple car will probably start attacking all the windows around town

I think the apple car will be happy as long as it can leech the life out of your wallet 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I think the apple car will be happy as long as it can leech the life out of your wallet 

nah its going to kill you and in the terms you have to promise your life insurance money. but in all seriousness i trust google's algorithm for driving more than i trust apple's because google is known for this kind of stuff

nah its going to kill you and in the terms you have to promise your life insurance money. but in all seriousness i trust google's algorithm for driving more than i trust apple's because google is known for this kind of stuff

If my freedom to drive my own car was taken away i'd probably still take that apple car.. The google car is an affront to aesthetics and style..