TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

ciobanulx

With such little metal left on that one panel, won't it get rather "bendy"? Or will the window reduce it?

It should by fine once it's on the case then it's nice and sturdy. It did have a bit of flex to begin with and I can't really say that it flexes more now, pretty much the same. Also yea the windows will strengthen it once it's on :)

Nice job with the window mods on the case, keep it up

Thanks mate :D

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

With such little metal left on that one panel, won't it get rather "bendy"? Or will the window reduce it?

They're quite flimsy but I would imagine a window will give them strength back. TBH 3mm acrylic is probably less flexible than the very thin steel they use on this case.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

They're quite flimsy but I would imagine a window will give them strength back. TBH 3mm acrylic is probably less flexible than the very thin steel they use on this case.

Yea you're right about the acrylic haha :)

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Awwwwwwwwwwww yusss another ciobanulx build!

This is gonna be epic! You've done an awesome job at tucking in and cutting out those corners!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubbbbbbedbededededed-ebed.

Awwwwwwwwwwww yusss another ciobanulx build!

This is gonna be epic! You've done an awesome job at tucking in and cutting out those corners!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubbbbbbedbededededed-ebed.

Thanks a lot mate :D

SIMPLE MODZ

I'm excited for this! Subbed!

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

I was just looking for some modded 250D's on google and found this exact case in gold(I think the picture was taken at a show or a lan) lol 

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

I'm excited for this! Subbed!

Thanks mate :D

I was just looking for some modded 250D's on google and found this exact case in gold(I think the picture was taken at a show or a lan) lol 

Yup it might be this exact case. Like I said, case was given to me by GGF LAN Party :D

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

New update for TOXIC CHROME!

Just a quick look at the pump and other res combo that will be going in the build and how it will be placed.

Swiftech MCP35X

wTL2t3z.jpg

hU5RQy2.jpg

ROmpYqL.jpg

M89a6LT.jpg

GYDABgq.jpg

iHLGWZP.jpg

VJDTqR9.jpg

8X7amOj.jpg

Changing to a multi option top so that I can run the loop back to the top of the res.

oqWFZZy.jpg

These EK reservoirs looks awesome, first time using these!

PI1LBbc.jpg

Great little combo!

t6BWIVJ.jpg

kVDx7K7.jpg

hTNnmxi.jpg

uAqKYlN.jpg

I think it will be pretty awesome with the two reservoirs in this little case!

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

I've been working on Mnpctech's 1st prototype reservoir. Hopefully it will be finished this summer.

That's awesome Bill! Can't wait to see it  :D

thats a sexy spray :)

Thanks though I'm not sure what you mean haha

SIMPLE MODZ

That's awesome Bill! Can't wait to see it  :D

Thanks though I'm not sure what you mean haha

LOL sorry I was meaning the gold paint job on the case 

LOL sorry I was meaning the gold paint job on the case 

Ah cool, thanks though this is how I received the case from GGF LAN. I didn't spray it. It us pretty nice though and seems to be really good quality paint.

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Back with another update on Toxic Chrome.

I made all the modifications needed on the case and it has now left to get powder coated. The frame of the case and other bits will be powder coated a dark navy blue and the side and top panels will be powder coated chrome. Hopefully the chrome powder coat will come out good.

Here's a look at the case with the side panel windows cut, filed and all ready. Also mounted the pump/res combo and drilled the hole for the Vandal switch. That is just a test Vandal switch. I will be receiving a nickel plated one from MNPCTECH which is currently on the way.

hkazviv.jpg

I know here that the res doesn't sit in the middle but in order to make the loop work I think that this is how I will need to sit it. This may change however so we will see.

rSk1ST8.jpg

9A829DS.jpg

All the side panel windows. I went and drilled holes in each corners of the windows for mounting the acrylic however I forgot to take pics of this. You guys will see that once the case is back.

il9qKRH.jpg

Pump/res combo mounted.

BlUzVUB.jpg

Vandal switch mounted on top of the front panel frame.

1GddqiF.jpg

nHDgVHp.jpg

C9fSx98.jpg

I will be making a new front panel out of 1mm aluminum which will cover this section here. I will stick that to the existing front panel in order to continue to be able to use the clip on and feature and access the dust filter behind it.

wvEBlzT.jpg

I also cut the HDD cage in half as I will need to mount this back in the case to support the MB tray. I cut some 1mm aluminum panels which will be bolted on to help clean up the HDD cage look as that will be seen through the res window.

QCeDj5T.jpg

000H8yR.jpg

All this will be powder coated blue.

And that's about it for now. Hopefully I will get the case powder coated and back sometime next week.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

CommentPhotos.com_1392062612.jpg

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

I got the case back from powder coating!

Here are some quick shots I took of the case. I think the navy blue looks awesome and matches the fan blade colour really well.

The side panels are not finished yet as they had mistakenly coated them the same navy blue, they are now getting redone in chrome.

HYmlmtx.jpg

cqGhwo5.jpg

ZxNNarT.jpg

nwOz620.jpg

ap7xzJJ.jpg

zlxj5aq.jpg

zlKMXnT.jpg

B62696B.jpg

LyRZxBj.jpg

CJyZOGV.jpg

wtsfqmC.jpg

2hq4xeN.jpg

0jWWwOr.jpg

3rf6c7K.jpg

rwIXXFb.jpg

I will be getting the front panel and rear feet colour matched to the same powder coated blue but will obviously get it painted.

ivWuzvM.jpg

BmZmH7h.jpg

Cr6utBS.jpg

CK1M0Mk.jpg

Thanks for checking it out guys and let me know what you think of the blue, I really like it.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ