TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

ciobanulx

Where the fuck did you get plasti dip?

Hahaha, they have it at AutoBarn here on the Gold Coast, $29 a can though, rip-off but oh well. I have a black and a white one now, only gonna use it if I absolutely need to, otherwise just use normal paint, much cheaper.

I like this man its nice, m-itx builds are a challenge and good to see that your putting a lot of thought and work into customizing the case and doing lots of cool stuff. 

good pics and nice to see the frame naked and them components laid out and a lot of thought gone into it. 

Thanks a lot man, appreciate it! Yea, that's why I love itx systems, a good challenge and just love stuffing every inch of a case with components!

That's what I try to do, take pics of everything as I go along so I can show and explain everything I do in details. My other build logs had about 400 pics each haha

I got mine from Supercheap, its actually armor-all 'spray on car bra'

That's probably really good, I only went with Plasti-Dip in case I decided to sell the MB later on, can just peel it off :)

so there is matte plasti-dip. ok, I might do this if the blue on my motherboard and ram are different colors. Thanks.

also, I love that color of blue!

Thanks man!

Yea, most Plasti-Dip is matte, like I said above, AutoBarn are the only place that I can find it here on the Gold Coast and it's also pretty expensive.

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

I also like the fact its a different colour, as plain black cases are yesterday, cheap and boring, now yours in the blue and contrast of colours is nice :)

I just finished building a scratch m-itx and painted it myself, its called hunter green, and i like it. right from the start i designed and measured it to the mm for the components that are in there now and it runs sweet, quiet and its a little power house. yours is going to be awesome, all that work will be worth it. 

got to love Asus components

I also like the fact its a different colour, as plain black cases are yesterday, cheap and boring, now yours in the blue and contrast of colours is nice  :)

I just finished building a scratch m-itx and painted it myself, its called hunter green, and i like it. right from the start i designed and measured it to the mm for the components that are in there now and it runs sweet, quiet and its a little power house. yours is going to be awesome, all that work will be worth it. 

Thanks man, I try to be different with colours and everything :D

Yup, I've seen your build, it's awesome :D

Just to be clear. The Armourall 'spray on car bra' IS PlastiDip just relabeled.

Oh ok, didn't know that :) How much is that one, cheaper than normal Plasi-Dip?

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's a quick look at some of the components going in the build. The CPU, fans and PSU.

Custom decals for the PSU and fans incoming!

8oTiHwS.jpg

Za5sgqk.jpg

6M2ZiYd.jpg

sgoYJCl.jpg

FGGUxLg.jpg

Here you can see the difference between the 15mm slim Gelid fans and 25mm normal ones.

adiZk1z.jpg

y0zS17T.jpg

8tyoDV1.jpg

6OhKQEh.jpg

VH0zIb7.jpg

nOEz3yF.jpg

JI4zybc.jpg

GTeoY2O.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Those fans look amazing!

I need 2x 15mm thick fans i'll have to give them a look. I was going to get the SilverStone ones but might have to rethink that after seeing these.

Those fans look amazing!

I need 2x 15mm thick fans i'll have to give them a look. I was going to get the SilverStone ones but might have to rethink that after seeing these.

They are pretty good, have blue LEDs too and a switch on the side to turn them on and off :)

Woohoo!!!

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's a quick look at all the waterblocks!

Gave them all a quick polish, no sanding was done, just applied the solution and used the Dremel with the polishing cloth attachment to polish around everywhere.

Quick, easy and they came out pretty good!

YSAtWY0.jpg

dgRyO8E.jpg

The frame of the CPU block was also done in the same powder coat chrome as the RAM modules however this also won't stay. I'm getting along with new RAM modules the nickel plated frame that EK offer. Should look pretty good with that on.

sj06lWo.jpg

Yth7MuK.jpg

TDtezi4.jpg

moQX6Jb.jpg

4Qet8Zq.jpg

Also giving this poor SSD a make over, was pulled from my Fractal Desing ARC Mini R2 build before becoming the Green Molecule. Not exactly sure what happened to the label on it.

Fbw6334.jpg

Everything looks good on the inside and still works well.

6wYjTAK.jpg

That's it for now. I'm working on this build everyday after work pretty much now so updates should be rolling in regularly.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Time for another update! Slowly getting everything in the case to figure out the loop layout and if I need any more fittings :)

Painted the thumbscrews for the EK Supremacy black, think it goes better with the motherboard like this.

cCg4AXM.jpg

The little Pentium is in :D

WpGzpS2.jpg

I might change the CPU block layout, depending on the way I want to go with the loop.

3RWwVZu.jpg

uRPhPK4.jpg

w8MWV6t.jpg

7spMNwE.jpg

dVQlpJe.jpg

j7DaaKN.jpg

Also here it the GPU, this was in the Green Molecule build in SLI before the tear down.

nd8mYDO.jpg

Ic0YPgt.jpg

V1LD716.jpg

Will cut some vinyl to cover those pink and purple capacitors.

Wgd63Wf.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

looking baller now, very neat and nice. just something about m-itx builds there so compact and a challenge but also pretty cool and awesome. 

my custom build i did is like less than half the size of my old rig and twice the power, and quieter. so it just shows with some thought, good design and hard work what can be done.

I assume when you can afford to that you will upgrade the CPU to an i5 or i7? i really like the i7-4790 (non K) as its got enough performance, hyper-threading, quiet and cooler than a K. and cheaper. 

got to love Asus components

looking baller now, very neat and nice. just something about m-itx builds there so compact and a challenge but also pretty cool and awesome. 

my custom build i did is like less than half the size of my old rig and twice the power, and quieter. so it just shows with some thought, good design and hard work what can be done.

I assume when you can afford to that you will upgrade the CPU to an i5 or i7? i really like the i7-4790 (non K) as its got enough performance, hyper-threading, quiet and cooler than a K. and cheaper. 

That's exactly the reason why I love mini-itx builds too. Always like a good challenge in a build. I'm not sure if I will change the CPU, will be used as an HTPC so not much power needed. I also mainly want to have a play around with the little Pentium chip and paired with the GTX670, should be a pretty nice little combo even for games :)

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Things are getting a little bit tight in the case!

I figured out the loop for the build, I might need some more fittings to make it work and keep it nice and clean. Need to get the cables in first and see, they're currently on the way from Icemodz :D

NW6Pnat.jpg

T0DdaHB.jpg

ZzdiORg.jpg

C9yyoJD.jpg

wkJY46l.jpg

MYL48eU.jpg

miT8v9B.jpg

kE8Szuk.jpg

I really like the way this build is taking shape, let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Build is looking sweet man! Cannot wait to see the final thing love all of your builds man u have true talent when it come to these builds! If I had the money I would love to MOD my H440 as I have alot of ideas for it!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Build is looking sweet man! Cannot wait to see the final thing love all of your builds man u have true talent when it come to these builds! If I had the money I would love to MOD my H440 as I have alot of ideas for it!

Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it. Glad you like my builds, still more to come as I love to do this :D

In order to mod you don't really need that much money, just access to some tools and materials. PM me if you ever need help with anything :)

SIMPLE MODZ

I think with acetone you can rub off the marking on the top of the capacitors if that makes things easier...

Ah cool, thanks for that, didn't think of it. I have the vinyl ready though :)

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's the package that came from Bill over at MNPCTECH. Thanks a lot for the support, I really appreciate it and I hope you guys like the build once it's finished. I'm sure the modding supplies will come in handy for a lot of future builds to come.

For a lot more awesome stuff check out MNPCTECH on Facebook , YouTube and their mod store mnpctech.com

And while you're on Facebook check out my page too, Simple Modz.

1wwdYqO.jpg

3M Red Scotchbrite Scuff Pads

0mQnsSl.jpg

Mnpctech PC Case Mod Ruler & Reference Tool

O1UAMEX.jpg

c3kyxIw.jpg

This was an extra item included, I will surely put it to good use, cheers Bill!

VQrsFTm.jpg

nMhna3J.jpg

PC Case Panel Modding Nibbler Tool

22owogB.jpg

rdreUoJ.jpg

fuaUa2b.jpg

Reinforced Dremel cutting wheels

WzTfvaf.jpg

Vandal PC Push Button Switch Blue anodized

PtTGWYk.jpg

iO6ymah.jpg

Nickel Plated Vandal PC Push Button Switch

OVSVJvQ.jpg

And finally, the awesome Mod Zoo case badge. I have a special spot for this on the back of the case!

BC0llXo.jpg

The quality of everything received is just excellent and I can truly see the effort put into all these items, thanks a lot for the support guys!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Do I see that little ITX motherboard only having 1 SATA port? That seems... limited, even for ITX.

Also, nibbler tool nomnomnom ;)

Edited by Wauthar

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Do I see that little ITX motherboard only having 1 SATA port? That seems... limited, even for ITX.

It has 5. 4 on the side and 1 sort of in the middle.

i see 5 i dont know why you only get one..

Derp, now I see them too. I only saw the one at the edge of the board, while the rest are in the middle :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Derp, now I see them too. I only saw the one at the edge of the board, while the rest are in the middle :)

Yup it has 5 sata ports though I will only be using one, the one on the edge there. Wish it had an M.2 port :(

SIMPLE MODZ

YV2iYvL.jpg

Okay guys, here it is! The case is nearly done, just need to get the acrylic windows on get the front panel Corsair piece on after cutting.

Maybe some of you have been waiting to see this since I announce the chrome painting. I hope you guys won't be disappointed as it this is not chrome but still looks very very good and I really like it. Like I explained, actual chrome paint or chrome plating would have been too expensive for my budged.

The panels are spot on and any imperfections you may see are all reflections from the surroundings. Though to bring the case outside to really showcase the paint job.

The front panel and also the rear case feet have been colour matched to the blue powder coat!

f7NVpGk.jpg

You can also see I made an acrylic piece and mounted it on the inside to cover the 5.25" bay. Drilled a small hole in the middle for the power button cable.

qULYcx9.jpg

mZS3Okd.jpg

Dust filter

EUZpgLj.jpg

And the front panel cover, might need some cleaning up around the edges but really happy with the glossy look

BQin54d.jpg

Here is a good look at the side panel paint job

xGmzz5b.jpg

tSsSXLk.jpg

5tPQ8do.jpg

12VsItQ.jpg

e1qUo9p.jpg

Will end up using the Blue vandal switch, fits better than the nickel plated one. Lucky Bill sent me this one too!

nOoij9n.jpg

fgCTwDd.jpg

And this is the front panel cover, the Corsair shape will be cut out and then painted same as the side panels. This will be stuck over the original front panel cover and still be able to use the clip on feature and access the dust filter behind it.

mVNlvq3.jpg

Let me know what you guys think! Shady here seems to approve!

gvqylGC.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Okay guys, here it is! The case is nearly done, just need to get the acrylic windows on get the front panel Corsair piece on after cutting.

Maybe some of you have been waiting to see this since I announce the chrome painting. I hope you guys won't be disappointed as it this is not chrome but still looks very very good and I really like it. Like I explained, actual chrome paint or chrome plating would have been too expensive for my budged.
The panels are spot on and any imperfections you may see are all reflections from the surroundings. Though to bring the case outside to really showcase the paint job.
The front panel and also the rear case feet have been colour matched to the blue powder coat!
You can also see I made an acrylic piece and mounted it on the inside to cover the 5.25" bay. Drilled a small hole in the middle for the power button cable.
Dust filter
And the front panel cover, might need some cleaning up around the edges but really happy with the glossy look
Here is a good look at the side panel paint job
Will end up using the Blue vandal switch, fits better than the nickel plated one. Lucky Bill sent me this one too!
And this is the front panel cover, the Corsair shape will be cut out and then painted same as the side panels. This will be stuck over the original front panel cover and still be able to use the clip on feature and access the dust filter behind it.
Let me know what you guys think! Shady here seems to approve!
gvqylGC.jpg

Cheers,
Alex

If Shady approves. I approve

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct