LGBT community

carguy86
1 minute ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Soooo Threadripper or xeon server time? :P 

Oddly, I had a dream some time ago that I was building a ThreadRipper workstation. I couldn't tell you what for though, but there was a sense of urgency, like something very important was riding on it.

If I were to dig into my line of credit a bit, I could probably manage building such a PC by tomorrow if I so desire. Though, the phrase "just because I can doesn't mean I should" comes to mind. ;)

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

38 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Oddly, I had a dream some time ago that I was building a ThreadRipper workstation. I couldn't tell you what for though, but there was a sense of urgency, like something very important was riding on it.

If I were to dig into my line of credit a bit, I could probably manage building such a PC by tomorrow if I so desire. Though, the phrase "just because I can doesn't mean I should" comes to mind. ;)

B B b b bbb bbbb but..... ALL THE TRANSCODE SPEED!!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

49 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

OMG... Its massive!!!! That has to be at least a 500 if not upwards of 600+ lb turtle.                              imo its kinda cute :P :x

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

5 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

hmmm... Yeah its a bit of an oddity imo Still hads its place though.

I view it as, I don't care what gender you are, I could be attracted to you. Plus, it isn't confined to just 2 specific genders of male/female.

5 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

On another note

:o Jaguar... F-type... :D I like! Yours or just profile pic? Also if yours what year and variant :P 

Unfortunately it isn't.  To be honest, I just Google searched "White F-Type Jaguar." xD I see a lot of different models of Jaguars in my store's parking lot. Eye candy galore. 

After getting a stable career job, I'm torn between getting either a Jaguar F-Type or Maserati GranTurismo Sport. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Me rn. Stares at a gumtree listing for a cheap R9 Fury X. I really want, but I don't know if I need or not.

5 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Want to look at homosexuality before, well, the 1600s, the Romans demonstrated how not only horny humans are, but how gay men were.

The idea of the Romans and their sexual escapades is a pretty debated topic.

Most of the sources that claim Romans to have a loose relation to sexuality were written by early christian sects, that obviously had an interest in painting the Romans in a bad light.

Roman sources are a bit more restrained in their descriptions of the sexual behavior of the Romans.

Most Romans apperently did see sex as something to be kept between men and woman.

Most of the Roman sources that mentions or depicts homosexuality as "normal" are ads for, or descriptions of, bathhouses or brothels or lewd grafiti.

Places that would speak to a clientele that would have differed from the societal norm at the time.

The modern equivalent would be to read fetish magazines (or websites) as the norm for sexual behavior or to take internet comments seriously.

It should also be said that the modern notions of homosexuality didn't really exist until fairly recently.

If you read ancient texts on homosexuality (especially Greek ones), their description of male-on-male (and often time, man-on-boy) sexual relations, those relationships were more about exerting power than they were about sex.

Homosexual sex between equals is rarely described, while homosexual relations were normally described as happening between, say, a man and his slave or a teacher and his student.

It's not unlike how sexual relations are seen utilized in groups of Bonobos.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

8 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Homosexual sex between equals is rarely described, while homosexual relations were normally described as happening between, say, a man and his slave or a teacher and his student.

It's not unlike how sexual relations are seen utilized in groups of Bonobos.

I’ve been doing some reading and I stumbled upon an article which I can’t remember where it came from but it basically suggests that homosexuality is a survival instinct and I forgot the details. Some ancient primary sources suggest that in some parts of the world, homosexuality isn’t as demonized as it is right now and remnants of it suggest that man on man orgies (male temple prostitutes) are considered just as divine as the menstrual blood and childbirth. 

16 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Roman sources are a bit more restrained in their descriptions of the sexual behavior of the Romans.

Most Romans apperently did see sex as something to be kept between men and woman.

Most of the Roman sources that mentions or depicts homosexuality as "normal" are ads for, or descriptions of, bathhouses or brothels.

I think the Greeks did it better (just like on everything else). Greeks worship a phallic god named “Priapus”. He is a vegatation and fertility god just like his dad which I speculate that the ancient Greeks anthropomorphized male sexuality including secretions as a sign of fertility and they understood that a man is needed to fertilize a woman for fecundity. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

17 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Yeah, however, haven't folded in ages. Check here for details.

Thanks 

Has anyone noticed my signature and how well it matches my profile picture (the colors are probably wrong because I can't see colors right but oh well)?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

11 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Has anyone noticed my signature and how well it matches my profile picture (the colors are probably wrong because I can't see colors right but oh well)?

Wait? Are you colorblind? 

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

Wait? Are you colorblind? 

Partially. And I’m the one with a multicolored profile picture. Yep. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

12 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Now have data for my phone. Now I can use the super fast LTE.

That download speed tho :o

IMG_0973.PNG.d3dfc6b3ecbc60cee527e43a57d6ac3f.PNG

While mine isn't that bad, the maximum speed I experienced was around 35 down, 30 up and that is during the morning around 3-5 AM when the network isn't congested.

8 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Everything transcoded quite well. While not the sharpest of images owing to the potato source resolution, there was very little (if anything perceptible) lost in the encode. Deinterlace settings were set at Decomb with the eedi2 filter, with detection at default. Turning off detection yields the best quality, but at a massive hit to encode times. With the above settings, interlacing is heavily subdued or eliminated. And finally, I used the x265 encoder with the Slow preset and RF at 17.

In a bit of irony, it took more time to encode a 480i collection than it did some of my blu rays. :P

I'd love to hear more details on what detelecine and deinterlacing settings you use in Handbrake for older stuff that came before just being 24p with pulldown flags on a DVD.  I've have some 90's stuff that I've just NEVER been able to get the detelecine or deinterlace result I want, it just failed to be as clean as I needed.  Mostly it seemed to result in combs or what looked like line doubling. :/

6 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

That download speed tho :o

IMG_0973.PNG.d3dfc6b3ecbc60cee527e43a57d6ac3f.PNG

While mine isn't that bad, the maximum speed I experienced was around 35 down, 30 up and that is during the morning around 3-5 AM when the network isn't congested.

3 years ago, Telstra had a free data day. The speed I was getting was 65 down, 30 up. I thought that was stupidly good. Now I know what the competition can do with no traffic.

Just now, Comic_Sans_MS said:

3 years ago, Telstra had a free data day. The speed I was getting was 65 down, 30 up. I thought that was stupidly good. Now I know what the competition can do with no traffic.

I wonder how many players are there in Australia when it comes to wireless carriers. For us we have an asinine duopoly without competitors despite of the fact that we have 100 million people.

51 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I wonder how many players are there in Australia when it comes to wireless carriers. For us we have an asinine duopoly without competitors despite of the fact that we have 100 million people.

There are 3 companies that have mobile phone networks in Australia.

Telstra (Formally owned by the Australian Government, formally called Telecom Australia), The main provider, very good coverage.

Optus, 2nd main provider, also very good coverage.

Vodafone, not commonly used. More people use budget carriers than them from my experience (who uses either Optus or Telstra's network) than them. Shit coverage.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

I'd love to hear more details on what detelecine and deinterlacing settings you use in Handbrake for older stuff that came before just being 24p with pulldown flags on a DVD.  I've have some 90's stuff that I've just NEVER been able to get the detelecine or deinterlace result I want, it just failed to be as clean as I needed.  Mostly it seemed to result in combs or what looked like line doubling. :/

I don't have any source material from the 90s or earlier, unfortunately. The source material in my case was already in 30 fps, so enabling detelecine did nothing for me.

The below picture is the result from Handbrake as well as a screenshot of the settings used. Interlacing is only very subtly noticeable in high motion scenes, a relative rarity with this particular anime. :P

screenshot002.png

Encode_Settings.PNG

I'll post a screenshot later of an example of the interlacing that remains. No time now to search through the video though. I should be driving to work now.

My eyes see the past…

6 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I just ordered a 512GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD to swap for the HDD in my unremarkable i7 7500U dual core laptop...

...Overkill?  :)

I've got a 250GB 850 pro in my 7 year old macbook...

40 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I just ordered a 512GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD to swap for the HDD in my unremarkable i7 7500U dual core laptop...

...Overkill?  :)

My 8 year old laptop with 1st gen i5 and 240GB SSD runs many rings around our work PCs. My sister has it now though I told her I want that SSD back if anything happens to the laptop.

My eyes see the past…