I expected this to be a specialized multi-purpose gaming GPU like their other DP unlocked Titans, especially considering the 12 GIGABYTES of VRAM!

Well; this is not so interesting. Yawn.....

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

I expected this to be a specialized multi-purpose gaming GPU like their other DP unlocked Titans, especially considering the 12 GIGABYTES of VRAM!

Well; this is not so interesting. Yawn.....

except the TitanX is not double precision...  <_<

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

First listings, 1300€.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Even the Germans have started it at 1149€.

The tone of the video felt so weird. I felt like other than lukes part I learned nothing  and was basically being read the script that nvidia's marking department through linus' mouth.

I want to see how it compares to the other Titan's, is it better than the Titan Z? Since it is so expensive can you get better performance from 2 or 3 way sli of other GPU's for a lower price? 

I just read anadtech's review of this card (at work, shouldn't' watch your video Linus :P) and...good heavens. 83C under load? What? On one hand I have 0 use for a $1000 graphics card, on the other hand, I want to get this and water cool it for the pure purpose of seeing what it can do when you remove the thermal throttle limit.

Seriously for the price, it really should be much, much better. The price is retarded.

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

except the TitanX is not double precision...  <_<

Yeah. Disappointing. Even more with that amount of vram....  -_-. I'm just wondering will that 384 bit memory bus be enough to keep all that 12 gigs fed fast enough?

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

It's impressive that the 290X can still hold up against a 980 at 4K.

MAIN PC
AMD Athlon X4 760K 4.2 GHz// 4GB DDR3-1600 // AMD Radeon HD 6770 // 500 GB Seagate HDD
BACKUP PC
AMD Athlon X2 5000 2.2 GHz
// 2GB DDR2-800 // AMD Radeon HD 5770PHONE
iPhone 4s 16GB
CONSOLES
PlayStation, PlayStation 2 Slim, PlayStation 3 SuperSlim
250GB

so when is it going to release? this might be an option

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I want it for shits and giggles.

Buy it for 1080p

except the TitanX is not double precision...   <_<

I thought double precision was the big selling point for the Titan as far as the people who should actually be buying it are concerned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Any reason ye didn't wait, and release later? The last time I remember a video going live at an odd time was

a few hours after I expected it, after another embargo.

This one was kind of weird though, with everyone knowing about the card before the review embargo lifted.

Nvidia likes to place their embargoes at very odd times most of the time - they usually line them up with an official press conference, so while most people set their embargo for 4-6am PST (only 4-6 hours after our normal release time), Nvidia sets them in the middle of the day/evening (980 launch was at 7pm PST if I remember correctly) to line up with some other press event they're usually doing.

You can pretty much find out about any product before an embargo if you look hard enough, this is just more of a headline release than most so the info was much more public.

Always better for us to release early than late, then we don't get the "WAIR VUDEU?" Tweets for hours while people wait, especially when it would be 12 hours late like this one...

Name one mitx case that doesn't have a 120mm fan mount, it worked just fine in my node 304 and jonsbro w1 , I do know it doesn't fit in the smallest mitx cases but neither does the titan x, and saying 3/4 way sli titan x wins over a single or double 295x2 isn't really strange, but the cost of 3 or 4 titan x cards alone is horrifying and hugely impractical and the scaling probably is just as shitty as every other 3 way or more setup. Having the best possible just because you can is imo just stupid.

The case I was especially thinking of was the silverstone raven rvzo1. I know it isn't that cost effective, but it is still good for specific overkill type builds.

Not about Titan X, but in the video, Linus mentioned about who's job it was when designing the refernce cooler. Here's a look at the process that Nvidia goes through in designing one.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-history-geforce-gtx-690,3605.html

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Great card but oh the price
well, everyone was expecting that

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Not about Titan X, but in the video, Linus mentioned about who's job it was when designing the refernce cooler. Here's a look at the process that Nvidia goes through in designing one.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-history-geforce-gtx-690,3605.html

You can actually see the Titan X color scheme on one of the prototype coolers in that article. Green lights and everything.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

Well now wait a minute...I clinked the pricing link and it kicks to me off to Amazon to look at the Titan Z which is 3K then if you look lower on the page you see a Ttian X for ~1800..what the hell is the difference?

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

*obligatory "BLAH BLAH ONLY A 15-30% DIFFERENCE OVAH THE TITAN X DO NOT WASTE MONEH M8" statement*

But then again, it's not for us, bang for the buck PC enthusiasts out there, so I'd respect its price point and target to teh bleeding edge "best of the best" enthusiasts out there.

Click here to claim your free Linus plushie.

The Titan X rather is dissapointing to me as I was hoping for a $720 "GTX 980Ti". Not a $1000 12GB VRAM Developer card. At least this card isn't as stupidly insane as the The GTX Titan Z from last year.

My System has a Intel Core i7 4790k @4.5ghz Cooled by A Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO With a MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Memory.

Hmmm... TDP of Titan X is actually the same as GTX780Ti?

Wonder if I should wait for a better non-reference version to come out, sell the 780Ti, and grab a Titan X then... My Swift hungers for more frames to sync with perfection!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

The Titan X rather is dissapointing to me as I was hoping for a $720 "GTX 980Ti". Not a $1000 12GB VRAM Developer card. At least this card isn't as stupidly insane as the The GTX Titan Z from last year.

Titan Z was priced very differently for OEMs than it was for consumers. The reason why the Titan Z cost that much when bought as a standalone component was because then the OEMs could claim for a higher value due to having an expensive card in their system, while in reality paying much less for it.

Well now wait a minute...I clinked the pricing link and it kicks to me off to Amazon to look at the Titan Z which is 3K then if you look lower on the page you see a Ttian X for ~1800..what the hell is the difference?

The Titan Z is a dual GPU card using Kepler (Basically two 780 Ti GPU's mounted onto the same card). The Titan Z is the NVIDIA equivalent of the AMD R9 295x.

The Titan X is a new single GPU Maxwell card.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)