Titan Z was priced very differently for OEMs than it was for consumers. The reason why the Titan Z cost that much when bought as a standalone component was because then the OEMs could claim for a higher value due to having an expensive card in their system, while in reality paying much less for it.

True, but how is that relevant? We were talking about the disappointment of the Titan X.

My System has a Intel Core i7 4790k @4.5ghz Cooled by A Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO With a MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Memory.

titan x is.....nvidias gap closer to amds HBM cards.... the performance difference bettween the 980 and 390x in leaked benchmarks was so big... ...that nvidia got scared... and made the titan x.... my 2 cents

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

Here is a video idea for this card. (At least I would be tickled to know) Would it be worth getting a second 980 for SLI due to thermal problems with the Titan when pushing the boundaries with that card? Also would the dual 980s perform as well as the Titan?

Except it has 12GB of vRam. Games are more demanding every year... and this will lead the way for better textures.

lol no.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

lol no.

What an argument...

Why do you say no?

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

"They" say you should only give an opinion on something when you have tried/tested that thing or action.

So tbh I have no opinion on the Titan apart from it looks nice and probably kicks all other GPU's asses,

but alas I don't have enough kidneys to sell to afford one of these bad boys.

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

What an argument...

Why do you say no?

Texture fidelity has nowhere to go.  Higher resolution isn't important for fidelity, we've been able to put photorealistic textures wherever we wanted in games for a long time now.  The biggest thing holding fidelity back has been lighting.  Even with hyper-detailed textures, if it doesn't light realistically it won't ever look realistic.  The 12 GB framebuffer exists for computational research, game devs are still targeting 2-3 GB.

maxresdefault.jpg

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Texture fidelity has nowhere to go.  Higher resolution isn't important for fidelity, we've been able to put photorealistic textures wherever we wanted in games for a long time now.  The biggest thing holding fidelity back has been lighting.  Even with hyper-detailed textures, if it doesn't light realistically it won't ever look realistic.  The 12 GB framebuffer exists for computational research, game devs are still targeting 2-3 GB.

I dont know if this was mentioned in Linus's or JayZ review, but Shadow of Mordor could use more that 6GB of VRam

Everybody keeps saying 'it gives like x better framerates than the 980/970. People don't fucking realize that IT HAS 12GB OF VRAM COMPARED TO 4

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Definitely want to see some water cooling on this card. Maybe Kraken G10? Exciting to think about. Phase change doesn't interest me tho.

PC: Intel 10700K, Asus Z490-E Strix, G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz C14, Thermaltake View 71, Custom Water Cooling (EKWB Quantum, 2x 360mm SR1 Radiators, 6 Noctua NF-A12), EVGA GTX1080 ti HydroCopper, Intel 6651TB, Intel 600p 480GB, Windows 10 Pro

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33844326

Definitely want to see some water cooling on this card. Maybe Kraken G10? Exciting to think about. Phase change doesn't interest me tho.

Im with you on that buddy. I am fond of NZXT's cooling systems, maybe not the absolute best but they are stylish and do their job well.

Now that Nvidia has wet my appetite, when will the 980Ti be coming, and it's competitor the R9 390x ?

I've been waiting on these cards for months now. I hope I am not dissapointed with their ability to drive 4K gaming

Next Titan X video has to be 4 way SLI on GTA V 4K, when it actually drops that is.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Can this bad boy be enough to game at full rate on the ROG swift?

Cheaper than dual 980...

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift

any company would make the cooler better??? :)

Not out of the factory, no. There is an aftermarket cooler, but you have to install it yourself.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

pricing of the titan X  really annoys me... $999 dollar US ok that fine high but whatever... so in the UK it should be £670 but no the cheapest i can find is £870.. which is $1300. wait what?? 

nvidia i really dont want to buy your Graphics cards any longer.

AMD... please make something worthy this time around. 

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

pricing of the titan X  really annoys me... $999 dollar US ok that fine high but whatever... so in the UK it should be £670 but no the cheapest i can find is £870.. which is $1300. wait what?? 

nvidia i really dont want to buy your Graphics cards any longer.

AMD... please make something worthy this time around. 

I envy the UK pricing. I was looking at how much the EVGA one would cost me to buy and ship from the UK to Ireland, and it's just over €1300

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I envy the UK pricing. I was looking at how much the EVGA one would cost me to buy and ship from the UK to Ireland, and it's just over €1300

The EVGA version is £880 (Scan.co.uk) so yea is just over $1300.

God forbid you want the EVGA hydrocopper... that hits in at £1200 (overclockers.co.uk) or $1790  which is just insane. 

The EVGA version is £880 (Scan.co.uk) so yea is just over $1300.

God forbid you want the EVGA hydrocopper... that hits in at £1200 (overclockers.co.uk) or $1790  which is just insane. 

:'(

I want it so bad. I should have waiting the extra 2 weeks instead of getting my GTX 980. :'(

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

:'(

I want it so bad. I should have waiting the extra 2 weeks instead of getting my GTX 980. :'(

im gonna wait and see what the R9 390X is like  :P 

I will take two please.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: