A sign of change for the better? The Order: 1886 day one patch is only 30MB

XTankSlayerX

the_order_18861-600x337.jpg

The Order: 1886 has been put through the ringer over the past few days regarding its length and value for money, but at least there are some silver linings to the PS4 exclusive. It’s out tomorrow, and it will feature a day-one patch like nearly every other game in recent memory. The patch, however, will only be 30MB large, making it an almost uneventful affair.

The update doesn’t fix anything is particular, featuring small bug fixes here and there. Does this mean The Order: 1886 is actually polished to a point where it doesn’t break on launch day? Possibly, with the small patch proving that Ready at Dawn is confident their game is ready for consumption. Of course it also comes without any online features – which more often than not are the reason for woefully launches and massive day-one patches.

Still, it’s refreshing to see a game that actually seems like it’s ready before being hastily rushed out the door. If you’re still caught up on the game’s length, at the very least you have one less thing to worry about when deciding on a purchase or not.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/19/the-order-1886-preload-live-day-one-patch/

Source 2#: http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/the-order-1886-has-a-tiny-day-one-patch/

To me, this is a good sign! I feel like the year 2015 is going to be a special year where we dont get broken half assed games. EA is doing things right with the latest beta of BF:Hardline, project CARS got pushed back 2 weeks, Witcher 3 got delayed as well.

Let's hope im right. Gamers don't deserve broken games anymore.

Maybe ea and ubisoft and the devs and such learned that they need to polish their games not just put it out because its playable no matter the features, story, gameplay and optimisation like acu

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Maybe ea and ubisoft and the devs and such learned that they need to polish their games not just put it out because its playable no matter the features, story, gameplay and optimisation like acu

EA i feel has woken up and is ontop of their game(s) again.

Visceral even said that Battlefield Hardline will work on launch day, that to me is a very good sign that was been backed a flawless (in terms of technical issues and not bugs) beta of Battlefield: Hardline

EA i feel has woken up and is ontop of their game(s) again.

Visceral even said that Battlefield Hardline will work on launch day, that to me is a very good sign that was been backed a flawless (in terms of technical issues and not bugs) beta of Battlefield: Hardline

Yes hardline will 99% have a stable launch. Still won't switch bf3 for hardline

Yes hardline will 99% have a stable launch. Still won't switch bf3 for hardline

It's understandable, Hardline isn't made for your average slow paced, tactic focused player.

It was made for a different audience, people who like fast paced (twitch?) shooters.

It's understandable, Hardline isn't made for your average slow paced, tactic focused player.

It was made for a different audience, people who like fast paced (twitch?) shooters.

Metro conqest isn't really slow paced and I wouldn't call hardline a twich shooter

I feel as if the gaming community is reaching a breaking point where we are just gonna be like fuck this shit, fuck you, fuck him, fuck everyone. Games are costing more to make and so companies either die or cut corners or make us pay more. I wish i knew what a solution could be but realistically its very hard to achieve. The more I learn about programming the more i understand how massive making games are. Well either way im not getting this game, i dont have a ps4 and i dont want to get one due to the controller being a controller and i dont want to pay for multiplayer.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

One patch, in one game, made for one platform...nope, sign of change is 404.

If there is any sign of change, it's for the worse. It's a short game, maybe they'll make even shorter games because less patching needs to be done.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Btw quotes from a 1886 review

taking me around 7 hours to complete the game. Half of the game is cut-scenes which I don't mind and like in certain games, this game being one of them, and the other half is normal good gameplay. A few actual QTE sequences in the game, with a half QTE and half combat type sequence appearing in two or three times in the game.

"that's what I did and I'm happy with my purchase and my "cinematic" experience playing through it. Not the ending though, I'm half happy about that

Sounds very short and meh.

According to reviews the game is 7 hours and half of that is cutscenes.

So its more like 3.5 hours of game play.

True movie like experiencce.

3.5 seems to be the magical number these days...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

3.5 seems to be the magical number these days...

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

BTW.

They patched out the graphics a long time ago.

"it's a matter of quality, not quantity."

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

It's because there's not much playable content in this game, there's very little to patch! 

;)

Don't start a war.

CM9tRQJ.jpg
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Don't start a war.

PCMR, start a war? Never...

It's because there's not much playable content in this game, there's very little to patch! 

;)

Really? :o

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The game has 4 hours of gameplay MAX from what i have read from reviews.

Has a lot of unskipable "cinematic" cutscenes.

Oh my god, and it costs what?!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

What every happened to actual single-person RTS games? Everything's become so tactics-based it falls flat.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The gameplay was only 5 hours.

Having multiple GB of patch would mean they replaced the ENTIRE SINGLEPLAYER CAMPAIGN.

Don't start a war.

CM9tRQJ.jpg

twyClp8.png

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...