A sign of change for the better? The Order: 1886 day one patch is only 30MB

XTankSlayerX

Sorry that your thread went into shitposting @XTankSlayerX

I think its good news that patches are staying small in Day One scenarios. Some people still have fairly limited bandwidth from their ISPs, so anything that decreases patch sizes and frequencies for ANY reason is fine by me. 

Wow that is a whopping 10 minutes of gameplay per MB of patch :lol:

It's not difficult to have small patches, when your game is only 5 hours of gameplay. Also remember that console versions tend to have less issues than much more complicated PC games (complication due to more hardware, OS, software, API's, etc.)

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Wow that is a whopping 10 minutes of gameplay per MB of patch :lol:

It's not difficult to have small patches, when your game is only 5 hours of gameplay. Also remember that console versions tend to have less issues than much more complicated PC games (complication due to more hardware, OS, software, API's, etc.)

Remember those huge day-one patch for other conslow exclusives?  Then again, those all had much longer gameplay in hours.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Did you hear that, developers? You can release a game with patches below 1GB!

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Well at least it's the odd gamee that's "30fps" and is actually 30fps start to finish

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

BTW.

They patched out the graphics a long time ago.

I saw that coming

or didnt because they downgraded it so much I couldnt see it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

YAY

you are back :D

im always back :P just not during my work day

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

BTW.

2810209-6609838526-28097.gif

They patched out the graphics a long time ago.

Goddamn! These new consoles are JUNK!

As excited as i am for this game, I think it's absolutely atrocious that a game may come out as a well polished and finished game, and is regarded as impressive. 

None the less, i do have somewhat high hope for this thing. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

As excited as i am for this game, I think it's absolutely atrocious that a game may come out as a well polished and finished game, and is regarded as impressive. 

None the less, i do have somewhat high hope for this thing. 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-order-1886

There are tons of reviews out already.

it always amazes me when people say games are art, but debate the length

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

Maybe it's because it's a movie more so than a game. There's not much bug fixing to be done in a 4 hour-long movie

Maybe ea and ubisoft and the devs and such learned that they need to polish their games not just put it out because its playable no matter the features, story, gameplay and optimisation like acu

EA and Ubisoft don't generally create small and extremely linear single player only games on a single platform which only last for around 5.5H, half of which is cutscenes/QTEs/slow walking....

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

EA and Ubisoft don't generally create small and extremely linear single player only games on a single platform which only last for around 5.5H, half of which is cutscenes/QTEs/slow walking....

EA's only excuse is that they have (broken at release) multiplayer mode.

Ubisoft only has "open" world.

Being slightly better than Order 1886 isn't saying much.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I watched someone play it for a few hours.

If you're into or don't mind uncharted style corridor games with lots of qte and some 3rd person shooting, the game looks amazing and seemed to have a good story. It had 7 or 8 hours of entertainment.

Edit: it also has dirigibles. And looks great visually.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

EA's only excuse is that they have (broken at release) multiplayer mode.

Ubisoft only has "open" world.

Being slightly better than Order 1886 isn't saying much.

I'm not excusing neither of them but you're not making a good comparison.

Compare the content in something like BF4 to The Order for example, it has the campaign which is around 6h then it has a bunch of multiplayer maps, thousands of possible combinations in terms of weapon/vehicles/attachments and so on, large maps, many game modes, and a handful of different platforms as opposed to just one.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I'm not excusing neither of them but you're not making a good comparison.

Compare the content in something like BF4 to The Order for example, it has the campaign which is around 6h then it has a bunch of multiplayer maps, thousands of possible combinations in terms of weapon/vehicles/attachments and so on, large maps, many game modes, and a handful of different platforms as opposed to just one.

I have BF4.

And premium.

Quantity != quality.

it always amazes me when people say games are art, but debate the length

Games are games first and everything else second. A game being "art" itself is a secondary product of expression. The writing, the soundtrack, and the visuals all contribute towards an expressive medium, but the mechanics, level design, and pacing lend more towards the actual GAME component. That's why people debate length, it has nothing to do with a game being art.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I have BF4.

And premium.

Quantity != quality.

And all of the content in BF4 was pretty high quality.

I was not talking about Premium nor do i care about it.

That was optional DLC.

I was talking about the content on day one.

You've still failed to admit that your comparison was bad and unfair.

And all of the content in BF4 was pretty high quality.

I was not talking about Premium nor do i care about it.

That was optional DLC.

I was talking about the content on day one.

You've still failed to admit that your comparison was bad and unfair.

It was literally broken on release, so broken even EA can't ignore it; I don't know why you are trying to use that as argument.http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-19-ea-addresses-unacceptable-battlefield-4-launch

And it wasn't just "netcode."

Again, quantity != quality.

You simply failed to learn what you are talking about.