I want them to expand just as long as they don have that annoying eco like in NCIX tech tips building 

also if you watch some of there videos you can see they just do not have the space to put everything they have crap stacked in every corner of the house there in and no way to make a storage solution outside of getting another building.

Hey with more people and a bigger space you might even start seeing more videos per day or like an hour long videos with episodes from this

I feel that if they are going to expand and make more money, they need more people, and more space. This will be really good for them, and I do hope they will set up some type of "fun" recording setup like their old kitchen. The white background ones are alright, but boring. 

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

I'm all for the expansion ,but I do agree the filming zone still has to maintain that slightly unprofessional feel that the k provides. Perhaps a wall of boxes? Like the wan show had.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Is PayPal the only payment method?

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Wow that was awesome! I'm loving all the crazy stretch goals are on the campaign page, come on guys lets get 600K! Im donating 50$ as soon as my paycheck comes in! :D

If my math is right if 140,000 people donate at least 5$ we should hit 600k. That is roughly 12% of his sub base which I think is very doable.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

@GGgijs

Hey with more people and a bigger space you might even start seeing more videos per day or like an hour long videos with episodes from this

While there is the temptation to do this, there may not necessarily be enough content to increase the LinusTechTips video schedule. They will need to spread it over more channels. TechQuickie, Superfun and maybe newer ones (as Linus suggested). This therefore means diversifying the content which may not be a popular move. This is the evolution of LTT though. I would argue this is their biggest change to date, way more than Linus taking it on full time. I am excited about it but it could all go down the shitter yet. I think Linus has the sense to not go too far though. If he does he will change the dynamics of the show altogether and they are too far engrained in their flippant behaviour that they currently display.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

@nicklmg @LinusTech

I got a question about the donation tiers. 

As of now, I'd only get a bronze or silver. But, by the end of this campaign, I would have more to donate. Is it possible to "upgrade" ones donation? For example, say I got the silver badge, but later I wanted to go for the gold badge. Is that 25 USD or 50 USD to move up? 

I mean if it doesn't "upgrade" , I'd probably wait until I can donate more at once. 

Thanks. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

will you be able to make the campaign last longer than till the end of the year ? I would love to send out some money. but I have to wait till February and id love to get a badge :S

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

@nicklmg @LinusTech

I got a question about the donation tiers.

As of now, I'd only get a bronze or silver. But, by the end of this campaign, I would have more to donate. Is it possible to "upgrade" ones donation? For example, say I got the silver badge, but later I wanted to go for the gold badge. Is that 25 USD or 50 USD to move up?

I mean if it doesn't "upgrade" , I'd probably wait until I can donate more at once.

Thanks.

I don't think the system can handle upgrades at this time :(

Wow reading the Youtube comments on that video makes me sad. I can't help but wonder how many of those complaining are also the people that have adblock installed and still enabled on Youtube.

Also shocking to see how many people seem to mistake, "Hey if you've got any spare cash and would like to make a contribution, it could help us out a real lot" with, "GIVE US MONEY NOW OR WE'LL  NOT BE YOUR FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Can we have community pilgrims to the new office, just like Valve what do with their fans?

Terve!

Please do not get me wrong here, but I would really love to have some of the unprofessional stuff continuing on the new spot you get.

What I mean is that it is just more relaxing to watch a WAN Show where Slicks phone goes off, there is a Noctua cake in the middle of the show and the server room is a bathroom.

Or Slicks mom calls in to ask him about something in a game.

If I would love to watch perfected Videos, I could also watch ASUS official or something like this.

Hopefully, this stuff is not written too confusing.

Another thing I would love to know is: Why is Linus always shown as a "dominant idiot"?

Locking others into the garage, eating and throwing away the food of others. What's this all about?

Sayonara!

What I mean is that it is just more relaxing to watch a WAN Show where Slicks phone goes off, there is a Noctua cake in the middle of the show and the server room is a bathroom.

There should be a goal where the new server room is designed to look like/is a bathroom.

They have already changed so much of format that I only watch the not-so-official -style videos. But I'm still donating for new "studio". The WAN show is back on interesting and I spent lot of my free time on forums daily. That is enough of reason.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Not all of what they do is to please you.  If you notice some of their projects include commercials or presentations for clients.  They have an actual business (a media group, imagine that) and they want to be successful doing what they love.

Also, congrats on moving into the new office guys.  Good luck and hopefully it works out well!

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

This is awesome. LTT will go far. The LTT hosted game and voice chat servers sound especially awesome. Dat bronze Gaben though.

Also

k1yO5IW.png

Praise the Lamp!

@Shadow-R

I know what you mean, I miss this most about LinusTechTips, things are tooo professional. I mean, I don't mind them reading off a script for reviews, but the campaign video would be better if it wasn't scripted, but that just my opinion.

But I'll still donate because i want them to get a new office and show it off and stuff.

Why are you asking your audience for money?

Do the banks don't want to give you money? 

Or is is just that you would rather not get yourself an additional burden that credit is? (I totally get that)

I'm just curious...

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Love the campaign video & hilarious stretch goals.

Too bad that (as far as I know) you can't donate a custom amount, as a poor fellow i really can't afford 10 dollars but would love to donate 1$ in the spirit of "if every sub donated a dollar we'd make everything happen in notime"

Name drop video and gold badge =D thank god I didn't spend all my money on Christmas presents

If I were a bird, I'd fly into a ceiling fan.

Donated...  but omg the bloody whiners in the youtube comments!!  Donate, don't donate, I'm sure they will survive with or without the wankers. 

The way I see it as an ex-smoker who wasted so much money on "smoke", sparing a few dollars for things like this is such an easy thing to do.  And if anyone decides this is the perfect time to unsubscribe or leave because of blah blah reasons...  no one else is going to care.  We bid you adieu and you should be happy in knowing that the rest of us will NEVER think of you again.

Wow reading the Youtube comments on that video makes me sad. I can't help but wonder how many of those complaining are also the people that have adblock installed and still enabled on Youtube.

Also shocking to see how many people seem to mistake, "Hey if you've got any spare cash and would like to make a contribution, it could help us out a real lot" with, "GIVE US MONEY NOW OR WE'LL  NOT BE YOUR FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I got inspired by your comment and read a little bit of the comments for that particular video and all I can say that for some ppl the butthurt is real. Can't for the love of god remember what service/program/game/site it was but they offered a similar type of thing where the content/product was free and the end user was also offered a chance to pay any amount for the product. And no one batted an eye. But as soon as you get into social media and try to pull anything that resembles anything to crowdfunding... Thank god Linus and the crew handles haters better than TB (no 'fence, still love you <3).

i7 6700k 4.5GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb (2x8Gb) 3000Mhz, Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, WD Red 3TB + WD Green 2TB, Corsair Ax860i, Corsair H100i GTX, NZXT H440 Black w/tinted window, Asus ROG swift PG258Q 240Hz + Asus ROG swift PG279Q 165Hz