Roccat "Own The Couch" finally shown. Meet the "Sova".

Ultimate_PIMP
post-18529-0-38157100-1402410475.jpg

A growing world of microconsoles and streaming options are increasingly making the living room the focal point of gaming experiences. From SteamOS, to Android, Windows and more, entertainment centers are where the gaming action is occurring. The chair and desk are being replaced with the couch and television. ROCCAT knew they had to get PC gamers in the action, while keeping the experience they know and love available to them. Enter, the ROCCAT Sova wireless keyboard and mousepad combo, an instrument designed from the ground up to serve PC gamers who desire an option to retain their greatest gaming tool. 

A premium, brushed aluminum base, Cherry MX switches with ROCCAT’s vibrant Per-Key illumination mechanical keys, an adjustable

integrated mousepad, long life battery pack for extended play – the Sova is that and more, in a wireless package. 

Fully and easily integrate your devices and gadgets. Turn your favorite wired mouse into a wireless experience. Latency free gaming and streaming on your couch, in your living room, on your television. ROCCAT answers the call of gamers who want options; we know many are happy to game in the living room using a controller scheme, but why not bring everyone into the fold? The Sova is the answer to this question, hands down. OWN THE COUCH. 

Want the Interactive Sova Experience? Click here to get even more details about what the Sova has to offer here.

OwnTheCouch.gg

I wasn't sure I was convinced until I went to the website, but, Roccat will definitely be taking my money on this.

The keyboard takes what looks like a laptop battery, and makes your wired mouse a "wireless experience". It was made out of a massive aluminum block, giving you enough space for the mouse pad and palm rests. You can also mount your phone on it. I just hope it doesn't cost $200<.

UPDATE: Slick ended up looking at the Sova at E3. I'm even more convinced than I was before.

couch1.png

It looks like the days of this mediocrity are numbered.

post-18529-0-38157100-1402410475.jpg

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

neat. this couch pc gaming is getting somewhere finally.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Do they ship those cushions with it?

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Ok

instant buy

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't game at the couch, because I find a desk more convenient. However, I think this is a good product for Roccat to produce.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Do they ship those cushions with it?

No those cushion are for an older product that allowed you to game on the couch.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

I don't game at the couch, because I find a desk more convenient. However, I think this is a good product for Roccat to produce.

You are not precluded from doing both :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I like it, but i would rather just buy a controller and use that for couch gaming. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I like it, but i would rather just buy a controller and use that for couch gaming. 

True  but it sucks when you need to do something in windows change a setting, restart a game or for games that do not use steam big picture!

also for some fps games and stuff :)

I honestly think I rather get a second hand hospital food tray, don't know how expensive those are though.

EDIT: One of these:

$_35.JPG

-------

Current Rig

-------

Now we just need TVs with good response times

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Seems really interesting.. however this is probably going to be one of those things you have to order online if you want one, and something like this is really a device i'd rather hold and try and type on before i'd be willing to buy it.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Now we just need TVs with good response times

Most TVs turn off image processing when using PC input (like DVI / VGA) though they do have it over HDMI

also they are not always that bad, I think the average is 16ms, though some gaming monitors are known to be 13 or sometimes high so it isnt THAT bad

Becomes less noticeable when sat far away on a sofa using an xbox controller

YES

finally

ive been waiting for this !!!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Looks pretty nice, but if you're fine with a less elegant solution, you can just get a wireless keyboard and a cheap lap table like this:

http://www.amazon.com/LapGear-45348-Lapgear-Mydesk-Black/dp/B005DIQDI2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1402427491&sr=8-4&keywords=lap+table

Of course, there really aren't many wireless mechanical keyboards, so I suppose it's nice that there are a few options. The XArmor U9W wireless mechanical keyboard I bought a few months ago is basically the only one I could find.

Sova means "to sleep" in swedish :D

It does look strangely comfy

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Sova.. lol in german "Sofa" means couch, nice one roccat ^^

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Will definitely be picking this up for my living room PC when I get around to it. Hope it also comes in a red color but that's not too big a deal really. Glad it's gonna be coming in Cherry switches, hope there's gonna be a small variety like red blue and browns at least.

If you think about what you get for your money 200$ would be very reasonable. I've been eyeballing Logitech's 602 because of the awesome battery live and I really want a wireless mouse experience, looks like I can go look at some wired ones now.

Wireless mechanical keyboard is nice. That couch thingy, I don't care. But it's cool either way!

Wireless mechanical keyboard is nice. That couch thingy, I don't care. But it's cool either way!

if you only want wireless mechanical kehboard, look at the Filco minila air.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

I'd actually consider buying this...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014