Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

this game lmao

riveting

@Technicolors aviary attorney

i seriously cant get over how fantastic that art style is. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

One thing I get with desktops is that everything has to match color-wise minus the programs I'm using, so that just before I shut the thing down or when I leave it idle that desktop looks beautiful.

The wallpaper is black and gold, yet you have random colors for your icons. The contrast makes me feel awkward.

First i just installed win 10 so i forgot to install my gray version of rainmeter.

43cec0585ca301bbef344a7724c863c2.jpg 

2nd lets see your desktop mr contrast.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yus 10/10 desktop

eeffc2c9eceda83bdb39db3e8288d98b.jpg 

I use to make my desktop look all fancy and whatnot, but then I came to the realization I never see my desktop anyway so what's the point? That does look nice though.

Hahhaha they actually sell that stuff at hot topic?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I use to make my desktop look all fancy and whatnot, but then I came to the realization I never see my desktop anyway so what's the point? That does look nice though.

This looks better

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

First i just installed win 10 so i forgot to install my gray version of rainmeter.

2nd lets see your desktop mr contrast.

both you and mr contrast can come at me

please both at once, I want it to be a fair fight

*note that was a pun

mmwdz4s.png

I need to husbando2x the left-most wallpaper, tad bit pixely

Error: 410

*note that was a pun

mmwdz4s.png

I have been on the internet to long... I read that as "husbando2x the left moist wallpaper"

Joke site, Fred. Joke site :) (though I wouldn't be surprised if they did).

In other news, it's good to see the anime fandom still has no taste in waifus: https://gonzonyan.wordpress.com/2016/01/30/top-12-cutest-girls-of-2015/

Some are ok, and some are..ehh

Ok little sister from nisekoi(i think..) no

Bikini warriors loli...also a no

There is a disproportionate number of pure fanservice characters and out of place loli's...

i dont stella, i dont some of the monster masume there....

Prison School...ehh

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

There is a disproportionate number of pure fanservice characters and out of place loli's...

I don't think I see a single character with real depth on there. But then it's a waifu toplist, and the kinds of people who would seriously make one of those aren't likely to care about character quality, just boob-straps.

Korean Manhwa are just as dramatic as their doramas, jeez. 

Wondering if there's any good Chinese manhua.

Some cool things...

Intra-venous microsurgery:
http://i.imgur.com/7p8gLyi.webm

Molten Aluminum on Dry Ice:
http://i.imgur.com/koMVGFX.webm

A stabilized video of a suspect being shot:
https://giant.gfycat.com/SourFaroffArawana.mp4

Laborers laboring like a boss laborer:

http://i.imgur.com/ms5pvJM.webm

bonus: lolwut

xjpCrT9.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I don't think I see a single character with real depth on there. But then it's a waifu toplist, and the kinds of people who would seriously make one of those aren't likely to care about character quality, just boob-straps.

agreed... real waifu are kept in your heart not in a top 10 list /s

agreed... real waifu are kept in your heart not in a top 10 list /s

... anita-senpai

PgCUBf.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Joke site, Fred. Joke site :) (though I wouldn't be surprised if they did).

In other news, it's good to see the anime fandom still has no taste in waifus: https://gonzonyan.wordpress.com/2016/01/30/top-12-cutest-girls-of-2015/

Yeah I know I know, but really though... I think they actually stock some of those obscure chinese cartoon items.

*note that was a pun

mmwdz4s.png

That is quite glorious.

I have been on the internet to long... I read that as "husbando2x the left moist wallpaper"

Get some sleep!

I remember wasting a whole day with rainmeter skins before I realized this. 

I'm sure a lot of people get that moment of realization.

Some cool things...

They say we'll have nanomachines that can be injected into the body for monitoring and maintaining health in 40 years. But prediction dates are very well known for being very inaccurate. =/

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

effc753da46a1ca7b1540e5067b64cc2.jpg

i have mine the same way with the task bar up top ... osx influenced me to do it lel

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

This i7 I upgraded to somewhat recently is gonna make a world of difference when compressing videos. 

8a67df985c.png

The clip being used is One Punch Man episode 8, with ~3000 bitrate and a file size of ~600MB. I'm compressing it down to ~1500 bitrate, so it should come out to be ~300MB.

EDIT: And by the time I clicked submit for this post, it was done. Mmmmmm, the power of an i7.

COMIC SANS

fuck thats brutal

I've posted webms on here at higher bitrate

With anime it's hard to tell the difference, at least for me, because there's as much going on colorwise. 1500 bitrate really isn't that bad.

COMIC SANS

Well, I'm done with KamiNomi. Kinda blaise about it overall, but I don't really regret the watch.

The World God Only Knows S3. decent.

This season had a better premise than the previous ones and started off with a bang: snappy pacing and a surprisingly energetic script that had me hoping that it really would be as good as its scores hint at on review sites. Unfortunately, it slowly becomes a mess of plot contrivances, and slowed down enough for those to become too noticeable. Worse, what seemed like hints of character development weren't handled terribly well, and the big character event in the ending only works well conceptually. So yeah, this season is pretty overrated. It's a tad better than the previous ones for having an overarching plot, but since that plot is a mess it's a mixed bag. If you like these kinds of anime then TWGOK is still good overall (for its genre), but it just doesn't pay off well enough to make it an easy recommendation for anyone else.

Episode reviews spoilered.

The World God Only Knows S3 (1). great.

Now we're talkin'. At first I was annoyed with them recycling Kanon for the new arc, but then they made good on it and the stuff in the OVA. The pacing also picked up as they piled on the story elements, so I actually started to have some fun. It's all shaky at best, and they really pushed the limits of how much exposition they could get away with, but this is much closer to the kind of show this should have been from the start so I'm willing to let it slide. As usual, snappy pacing and exploration of themes makes the difference between a humdrum experience and an entertaining one. Unfortunately, they're probably going to do more idol-related crapola now, so I hope they don't lose the pacing and start finally doing something with Keima's character.

The World God Only Knows S3 (2). good.

Phew. They sure dodged some bullets with their quirky setup in this episode. I'm also really happy that they're pacing it quickly enough that it feels like Keima's actually in a rush, and has to fly by the seat of his pants. It makes his "logic" seem more palpable, and the script feels a lot sharper as a result. Doubly so since they paired him up with Haqua, which changes the tone of the show a fair bit. It's unfortunate that it's still mostly playing up harem antics, but at least there's a spin on them that makes them feel a bit more fresh. They also nearly jumped the shark with some Haqua fanservice, but it ended up actually being surprisingly amusing instead; the voice acting in this series is pretty adorable at times.

The World God Only Knows S3 (3). good.

This was another fun episode showing Keima struggling with what he has to do. It was nice to see how the writers came up with fun scenarios to justify Keima being dragged around so much, and Shiori's story was actually pretty cute as far as that cliche went. Plus they finally did a good job with pitting Keima against an "equal" of sorts (though it's a shame the anime didn't really introduce some of these characters in other OVAs or something). There were a couple of spots that were noticeably rushed, but at this point I'll gladly take a bit of that if it's to avoid the pacing slowing down too much.

The World God Only Knows S3 (4). decent.

This is where the cookie started to crumble a bit, and we have to ask questions like: why can't he just tell his conquests what's going on, if it's just a trust issue? But I guess the pacing is just fast enough that most people wouldn't ask such questions, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best. I'm a bit frustrated that they covered so many bases so far, yet dropped a couple of important balls here, but at least they managed to take advantage of the "weakest ally comes first" trope without it being painfully clunky, and they seem to at least be trying to recover Nora's otherwise-token character, so I'll cut them some slack. It's tougher to cut them that slack with all the harem antics, though. Sure, it's kinda cute, but only if you look the other way from the premise of the show. Keima's turning into a Lelouche character rather than a guy who's finally growing up a bit.

The World God Only Knows S3 (5). good.

Thankfully, they managed to spin this Yui thing the way they had to in order for it to be a passable story, but I'm still reeling from the pointlessness of it all. If they had actually shown her arc in the anime, it would probably make this easier to handle, as audience members wouldn't have to juggle so many new bits of information in addition to the subject matter being downright theatrical. It didn't help that they had Keima go a bit overboard just to have Shiori notice him, or that they're merely hinting at the teacher's involvement, but whatever. This was still fun enough to not nitpick it to death, and I can see people enjoying the silly twist on the subject matter even if it kind of petered out by the end. I'm inclined to be kind for now.

The World God Only Knows S3 (6). so-so.

This was basically a repeat of the first season's book girl segment, just with slightly different material. The pacing slowed way down to a crawl, which makes sense given the character, but isn't something I'm inclined to appreciate after the pacing of the earlier episodes and given the obviousness of the material. In fact the last two episodes have been more formulaic and X-of-the-week style, which contrasts very sharply and leaves me concerned that they're out of stream and will waste time until the final arc. Still, this was alright, just not really all that interesting.

The World God Only Knows S3 (7). good.

You know, I'm actually pretty surprised at how adorable Elsea's fire truck obsession is. As for the rest of the episode, it did a fine job of doing what I expected it to do. The timing was right for the episode, which always makes these sorts of things more entertaining and suspenseful (even if it's hardly tense). But I'm also glad that they haven't tipped their hand as to who has the last goddess. It gives me hope that they do something a little less cliched with it, but given the season's premise I'd say love triangles are probably in the cards.

The World God Only Knows S3 (8). decent.

Hmm, it's a bit disappointing that they're even having the goddesses fawn over Keima now, but I guess if they want to keep the plot in the same gear for the rest of the season then so be it. More disappointing is the waste of time that whole segment was, when this felt like it was supposed to be Haqua's arc. But while things are starting to flounder around again, this was still a decent enough setup episode. If they hadn't wasted as much time here and there, then I would probably have not felt as critical, since the stuff with Chihiro and Ayumi isn't bad, and Haqua's arc has some potential as well.

The World God Only Knows S3 (9). good.

And with the obvious plot twist out of the way, they managed to do what I had hoped and give Keima a proper crisis of conscience. Tacky? You bet. But also a long time coming. It was pretty nice to see them go the whole nine years with it, too, rather than trying to give Keima a way out of it. I mean if you think about it, the dude is sure to be all kinds of internally messed up by now, given how he hides behind his persona. It's a shame they aren't really capitalizing on it, but then they did kind of knee-cap themselves by never really taking him seriously until season 3. Guess we're stuck with this. Especially since they decided to switch gears and ignore the fallout for now, just to introduce the final arc. Kinda obnoxious, that. But not bad enough to really destroy the episode.

The World God Only Knows S3 (10). so-so.

Yeah... this was a mess of chaotic randomness compared to the setup in the earlier episodes. If they had properly set this up then it would have been a moment of awesome for the show, but too much of it felt like random asspulls and cheese from a generic light novel adaptation. It doesn't help that Chihiro lets herself be dragged around for no reason. Let alone Keima having no real motivation to run around like a chicken with his head cut off before "the event". It honestly felt like we were missing an episode of setup. Perhaps the script just needed a rewrite the work this stuff in as well as the earlier episodes were working. As it stands this feels pretty stupid to me, even for this show. At least the pacing has sped up again, so I don't have to be bored *and* annoyed.

The World God Only Knows S3 (11). decent.

Ah, good, they managed to at least keep Chihiro from being a total waste of a character. It was really stupid how they handled her, but at least they tried to salvage the situation (emphasis on "tried"). The problem was that they really didn't stick the landing. This was the prime chance to actually shift gears and have Keima say "screw this planet and everyone on it", but nope. Of course they did exactly what you'd expect in the end. Oh well, I guess I can only wish for a manga/anime that has the nards to go somewhere believably dark with their heros without following the standard monomyth. I have no idea what the hell they were going for with the scenes with Ayumi, but at least it was bizarre. Well, now all that's left is whatever cheesy ending(s) they're gunning for.

The World God Only Knows S3 (12). decent.

Yeah, this was disappointing aside from the one big bit of character development. But even that was a mess, right from the retcon for what Chihiro said to Ayumi and how randomly Keima's affections appeared. Would it have killed them to hint at it a bit more, by making her more like Yokkyun, and showing that Keima was really struggling with what he was saying and doing? The goodbye scene felt more tacked onto the series than anything this way, and the girls basically were reduced to idiots who couldn't get over him because "plot". At any rate, I'm glad they at least thought to put a moment of bittersweetness into the ending, because if they hadn't this would have been a complete waste. But I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to read the manga if this is all the exalted third season had to offer. "Better than it could have been" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Is it just me or it it normal to get sick of people complaining when japanese games have pointless fanservice taken out in the western release claiming it will ruin the entire game...

cases in point xenoblade x cutting down fanservice on swimwear with a loli...umm good

fire emblem awakening removing boob slider...im pretty sure we didn't need that

drug curing bicurious character in fire emblem...that shouldn't have been there in the first place

DOA extreme 3 not being released at all...that wasn't a good game to begin with

finally fire emblem removing petting mini game...While i dont find it offensive it didn't really hurt the core game play. I will be fair and say cutting because the kids is dumb because kids aren't the main demographic for this game to begin with...hardly game breaker though.

My point being just because the japanese game had it doesn't mean it was a good idea. But i agree the the last thing i listed with a little unnecessary but i understand why it went though

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Is it just me or it it normal to get sick of people complaining when japanese games have pointless fanservice taken out in the western release claiming it will ruin the entire game...

My point being just because the japanese game had it doesn't mean it was a good idea. But i agree the the last thing i listed with a little unnecessary but i understand why it went though

I do have a problem with it. Its removing content the developer intended to have in the game. Removing it to fit 'western standards' is silly. One of the main values of the west is the idea of freedom (of expression and speech). And censorship goes against that ideal. I'm not going to try and justify the things you have listed and if it is against the law then fair enough remove it, but some of the other things are taking the censoring too far.

I think the solution is to include a fanservice option in the menu or something that is maybe disabled by default but you are free to enable afterwords.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.