Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Im sorry, i know this isnt anime but its so spot on. 100% correct

-snip-

Reminds me of this. 

MOAR PC JRPGS HELL YEAH

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/01/28/seinarukana-pre-orders-open-ahead-appearance-steam/ 

inb4 people go mad about censoring, gosh you are gonna mod it back in anyways to shut up about it.

Aww yisss.

I might get the physical copy because then I don't have to:

>steam

Edit: Also physical is better anyways.

And it looks like I can run it on integrated graphics so I can just play it in a VM. Much hype.

I was going to binge watch Idolmaster Cinderella Girls last night... but Sniper Elite III finished downloading... I'm having a hard time relearning the controls for it...

You still got the key for Cities XL Platinum?

Absolutely I will pm you the link.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Missile accelerating at 100gs glowing white-hot after launch:

http://i.imgur.com/l7v5FzZ.webm

Exploding garbage truck:

http://i.imgur.com/hqXakIH.webm

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I prefer not having to zoom in for the small text, so I only read it on my tablet. I prefer it to reading on PC, too. Nice to be able to swipe the pages, rather than use your keyboard. 

Got 4 series on the go right now: Deadman Wonderland, Akatsuki no Yona, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji and Jitsu wa Watashi wa.

Akatsuki no Yona is definitely worth reading. There's an anime adaptation, but it only goes to about chapter 41 of over 100 so far. 

akatsuki-no-yona-4312345.jpg

i mane , im no expert but thats not red hair (hehe see the irony with this ?) 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

You have to use your imagination :D

Or just watch some of the anime first. It helps give you an idea for how the characters look. 

akatsuki-no-yona-episode-21-yona-with-th

Or just watch some of the anime first. It helps give you an idea for how the characters look. 

lol , i dont watch anime that much anymore , i just read manga 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

The downside being that it might also turn you off from reading the manga.

I assume they always do covers and the first few pages in color so that you know how people were intended to look

and nigga I fuckin HOPE the manga is better

oblivious girl gets repeatedly clam-jammed: the anime

Main character uses mean look, it's super effective.

@BashZeStampeedo said it right, I don't want to read the manga because of the anime now after wasting 24 episodes of watching a character basically form a posse.

----

in more positive news, Biscuit Hammer is going good so far. Lizard and regular dude is an interesting duo.

OBJahMj.jpg?1

Error: 410

I assume they always do covers and the first few pages in color so that you know how people were intended to look

and nigga I fuckin HOPE the manga is better

oblivious girl gets repeatedly clam-jammed: the anime

Main character uses mean look, it's super effective.

@BashZeStampeedo said it right, I don't want to read the manga because of the anime now after wasting 24 episodes of watching a character basically form a posse.

----

in more positive news, Biscuit Hammer is going good so far. Lizard and regular dude is an interesting duo.

-snip-

The manga and anime are pretty close. The anime moved slow, as it pretty much followed the manga completely. 

I liked the anime, which is why I moved on to the manga. I like the development of Yona's character, but as you said, she is just gathering a posse. I expect the story to kick off a bit more later on when the group is fully formed and they start trying to take back the kingdom, but I haven't got to that point yet. 

EDIT: The story seems to actually have a solid plot, rather than a somewhat vague idea, with no real progression (like pretty much everything I've watched recently). Then again, having a story set out doesn't mean it will stick to it. Rokka no Yuusha is a good example of an anime that just got stuck running in a circle (only to then find out it was an oval, as a plot twist)

image_JAST0115_6.jpg

MOAR PC JRPGS HELL YEAH

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/01/28/seinarukana-pre-orders-open-ahead-appearance-steam/

inb4 people go mad about censoring, gosh you are gonna mod it back in anyways to shut up about it.

That looks interesting, but what do you mean by censoring? Is it one of those rpg games where it tries to be appealing by slapping pointless fan service in our faces?

@Opask sorry but the game seems to be steam activated... So physical or not, you're stuck with steam.

anyone midweast ish going to ACEN this year?

I liked the anime, which is why I moved on to the manga. I like the development of Yona's character, but as you said, she is just gathering a posse.

It might turn people off even more quickly, because manga like that tend to rely on the readers to select which pace they want to read it with. Seeing that lame cliched intro stretched out to two episodes was almost painful to me, but if I could have read the manga first and gotten through that stuff in a few minutes instead of 44, I might not have been so harsh on it.

Well, then they need to get into Saint Seiya where they better have the interest.

I guess, but Saint Seiya came out in an era where that sort of pacing was prevalent, and they didn't have as much competition airing at the same time, so people were more tolerant of it.

I guess, but Saint Seiya came out in an era where that sort of pacing was prevalent, and they didn't have as much competition airing at the same time, so people were more tolerant of it.

tbh I didn't mind the intro that much.

Yeah it was cliche but it wasn't dreadful and it served it's purpose since there's only so many ways to evict someone from the crown

what bothered me incessantly was waiting for something to happen

That's what you get for touching my Saint Seiya.

It looks only slightly different, though.

Couldn't access my list or profile page quickly because now they have dedicated buttons for that and those do not exist on the old theme I was using. 

tbh I didn't mind the intro that much.

Yeah it was cliche but it wasn't dreadful and it served it's purpose since there's only so many ways to evict someone from the crown

what bothered me incessantly was waiting for something to happen

That's what bothered me about the intro. Two episodes for that? It made all of the seams obvious, and didn't really endear me to the characters. The king and retainers felt stupidly incompetent, the villains overly cartoony, and the heroine really bratty and unlikable. Dwelling on cliches is always a bad idea - move on quickly. Shave this crap down to one episode, and then we're talking. That's why Bahamut was watchable, while Asterisk and Rakudai were a relative drag.

Are you talking about Saint Seiya?

no

it's broken

welcome to the theme of my life and a good chunk of yours as a future engineer

the glass is too large, you say?

nope, shits broken, get the mop to clean up your perspective metaphors off the floor

i'm a lead tip away from a crisis about everything breaking

aw steam your such a troll. refunded my FO4 season pass and went to preorder ninja storm 4 and the dlc, because why not and apparently theres a 24 hour hold on them funds. lol  

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

That looks interesting, but what do you mean by censoring? Is it one of those rpg games where it tries to be appealing by slapping pointless fan service in our faces?

@Opask sorry but the game seems to be steam activated... So physical or not, you're stuck with steam.

Its part dating sim as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure about that. It says steam code for the all ages version but also says steam activated.  Either way at least the physical version won't be censored just to fall in line with valves standards. (ie cartoon breasts bad, normal breasts fine)

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Speaking of dating sims and pacing issues, KamiNomi is finally kicking into a higher gear in season 3, and it's actually a fair bit more fun as a result. Wish they could have had this kind of pacing from the start.

Erased (4). great.

My doubts for this show have yet to be... deleted, but I'm still really enjoying this. The author certainly isn't shy, which is something I like in a story that's so easy to superficially criticize (like with the lead being 29 and being worried about his motivations toward his classmate). It's nice how they keep playing with the film reel motif, too, after all those butterflies in the first episode. There's really not much that I want to say otherwise. There are still some over-the-top tonal shifts, but it's so nice to see the lead acting instead of reacting that I don't really mind. Ultimately I'm still waiting to see if they've built a proper mystery here, since the clues they're shown could still be used in a number of ways. I've got my fingers crossed that the teacher's just a red herring, which would go a long way to letting me relax my own paranoia about the show's writing quality. But hey, at least they're pretty darn good at the emotional manipulation, even if the end of the episode is something that you should see coming a mile away. It could be worse: it could be Charlotte.

KonoSuba (3). so-so.

Sadly it looks like they're already through their A-material, and have settled into a happy little rut of repeating the same things ad nauseum. They did one decent new joke, but it was a staple fantasy/RPG joke, and they milked it like all the other humor in this series. Also the rest of the episode was the same character interactions over and over, and the same kind of "our monsters are so goofy!" encounter we've been seeing, so I think I'm done with KonoSuba for now. It isn't the worst comedy I've seen lately, but it really should have been a short-episode anime if they have this little material to work with. And what kind of magical fantasy setting has announcers with radio equipment? I mean, if it was just a meta-joke or plot hint, fine, but it felt more like they were just half-assing things.

The World God Only Knows (Four Girls and an Idol OVA). so-so.

There were a few minutes near the end here where they threatened to do something interesting with Keima's harem remembering him, but overall it was just about some of the girls having to ace a test to form a pop music club. Not as bad as it could have been, but nothing special.

The World God Only Knows (Tenri Arc OVA). decent.

This was an odd one. I liked the broad strokes well enough, but the execution was sloppy at best. The details were just odd; it's lazy that Keima has just always been the same, and a lot of elements felt slapped together just to make the core story work out (especially the antagonists). But if this was just an intro to the next season's material then it should be serviceable, even if the script here really needed a couple more passes to make it work more smoothly.

Its part dating sim as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure about that. It says steam code for the all ages version but also says steam activated. Either way at least the physical version won't be censored just to fall in line with valves standards. (ie cartoon breasts bad, normal breasts fine)

Dating Sim huh, I bet they put alot of effort in that part of the game.

Kek.

Man, I harp on jrpg alot.... Can't help it though, the Anime-ish theme is to damn generic and boring.

They just don't make them like in the 90's

Maybe I should play Breath of Fire again.