Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Just curious what you guys think. 

Im either going with a single 4k 40inch or bigger monitor(probably one of them korean ones)currently on a 40inch 1080p tv or 3x1080p(24 to 27 inch size slim-ish bezels) no more than $750 max, would like 3x1440 but thats out of my price range,

which would you guys recommend? ive never experienced either. need to start getting a list together and researching.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Im either going with a single 4k 40inch or bigger monitor(probably one of them korean ones)currently on a 40inch 1080p tv or 3x1080p(24 to 27 inch size slim-ish bezels) no more than $750 max, would like 3x1440 but thats out of my price range,

which would you guys recommend? ive never experienced either. need to start getting a list together and researching.

I would probably go with the 3x1080 but that is just me

I would probably go with the 3x1080 but that is just me

i was thinking something like that and mounting my 40inch tv above them for things like movies and anime which wouldn't be possible if i went with a big 4k monitor. Currently browsing the display part of the forum and coming up short on decently cheap 1080p monitors with small bezels. Most of the ones im seeing are like huge af lol. not in any hurry though, got about a month till i do that and watercool or add an extra 980ti, havent decided yet

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Well I really want one of the those 40" 4k koreans but it would be an addon for my current 1 1440p and would mostly get used for watching anime. It would be a secondary display. If I were you though I would probably go for 2 1440p 27" right now and get a third later. If you do get 1080p don't go above 24" it starts to look bad after that.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Well I really want one of the those 40" 4k koreans but it would be an addon for my current 1 1440p and would mostly get used for watching anime. It would be a secondary display. If I were you though I would probably go for 2 1440p 27" right now and get a third later. If you do get 1080p don't go above 24" it starts to look bad after that.

cant really go much bigger than that anyway. my desk is built into a closet lol so.... yea lol not enough room for anything bigger than 3x27inch and thats stretching it idk the exact width with the angles it will actually be. but im gonna assume around 60-65 inches wide or 70 if i use 27 inch monitors

Okay, so this Friday in my public speaking class we have our first speech - a success speech. It's a 2-3 minute speech where we talk about a success in our life. it can be anything. I'm gonna talk about how I built my first computer, because why not, I felt accomplished after building it. Need to turn in my final draft tonight. Anything else I should add? (I had to romanticize a bit, but that's so the class can stay amused, because I'm sure most of them aren't into computers.)

Again, the speech needs to be anywhere from 2-3 minutes long. I should hopefully be able to reach that with what I have now, but I would like to add in a bit more. Anything I'm missing?

My linguistic impulse interested me in blitzing the shit out of that document with Theasaurus.com but then I realised I have too much of my own work to do....

:(

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

My linguistic impulse interested me in blitzing the shit out of that document with Theasaurus.com but then I realised I have too much of my own work to do....

:(

It was a rough draft. I haven't edited anything yet for my final draft, which is due tomorrow morning.

COMIC SANS

It was a rough draft. I haven't edited anything yet for my final draft, which is due tomorrow morning.

Good luck with that!

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

cant really go much bigger than that anyway. my desk is built into a closet lol so.... yea lol not enough room for anything bigger than 3x27inch and thats stretching it idk the exact width with the angles it will actually be. but im gonna assume around 60-65 inches wide or 70 if i use 27 inch monitors

It would be around that yep. My fat bezeled 27" is only 25 and 3/8" wide. So it would be slightly less than 3 times that minus another inch or two depending on angles.

Here is the new model with the thin bezels http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-CrossOver-27Ganjidog-AHIPS-D-2560x1440-60Hz-WQHD-AH-IPS-borderless-/331584219226?hash=item4d33f5a85a:g:aOgAAOSw~OdVgNsl I'm sure you could get a non pixel perfect one for less. Those AH-IPS panels are damn nice. I enjoyed mine while I had it before I sold it to a friend. Because I had a single dvi-d input one and they don't have built in signal converters. This one has multi input though.

Edit:

And I should add that the monoprice ones that were shown at CES should be out soon if not already.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Edit:

And I should add that the monoprice ones that were shown at CES should be out soon if not already.

nice monitor, i'll definitely mark it down, also found this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009728

guite a bit cheaper and im not sure why lol though i looks like it has small borders but you know how display pics are lol. might say it has small looking bezels and have huge af ones like aoc xD

Edit: the fuck lol link isn't working now lol

heres the amazon link

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-G257HU-smidpx-25-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00QS0AKVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453954171&sr=8-1&keywords=Acer+G257HU

and its 1440p, i can afford 3 of these in my budget and watch my 980ti die lol

it doesnt have vesa support though

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Again, the speech needs to be anywhere from 2-3 minutes long. I should hopefully be able to reach that with what I have now, but I would like to add in a bit more. Anything I'm missing?

reminder that your life is shit, because you'll never be as great as the girl I had that sat in front of the entire class and ate a burrito for her presentation

also random debilitating allergy flare, can't breathe without being doped on antihistamines

fuck florida

fml

Error: 410

nice monitor, i'll definitely mark it down, also found this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009728

guite a bit cheaper and im not sure why lol though i looks like it has small borders but you know how display pics are lol. might say it has small looking bezels and have huge af ones like aoc xD

Edit: the fuck lol link isn't working now lol

heres the amazon link

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-G257HU-smidpx-25-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00QS0AKVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453954171&sr=8-1&keywords=Acer+G257HU

and its 1440p, i can afford 3 of these in my budget and watch my 980ti die lol

it doesnt have vesa support though

Probably cheaper because its only 25" and not guaranteed pixel perfect. Here is a 27" monoprice one but the bezels look bigger then mine and I'm pretty sure this isn't the new one they were showing off at CES https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=13808&seq=1&format=2

You could also afford 3 of these minus tax. But it doesn't have DP.

Also neither this nor the one you linked list what type of IPS panel they are using so ymmv. I've seen AHVA panels listed as IPS before and there is a visual difference.

P.S.

Monoprice's website a shit. Anyone into web design go to the front page and learn how not to make a good website. Also I have to have scripts running from 4 different unrelated and slightly sketchy domains to even have it half function. maxcdn (dot) bootstrapcdn (dot) com Seems pretty damn sketchy to me.

@Vitalius

You ninjad me while I was trying to get monoprice's website to function.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

reminder that your life is shit, because you'll never be as great as the girl I had that sat in front of the entire class and ate a burrito for her presentation

also random debilitating allergy flare, can't breathe without being doped on antihistamines

fuck florida

fml

I had a speech class where there were no speeches

Was it at least a good looking burrito?

COMIC SANS

lol, nice. i had a dude in psychology throw up. its amazing how many people are afraid to speak in front of others

lol, nice. i had a dude in psychology throw up. its amazing how many people are afraid to speak in front of others

Well, when you grow up interacting with people mostly on Facebook/etc and from the other side of a cellphone, it's easy to have social anxiety issues.

Not gonna lie I get super nervous especially if I don't know any of the people. Yet I can play the last post at a remembrance day ceremony (canada equivalent of veterans day) in front of a load of randoms and not be bothered. And no I wasn't in cadets or anything like that. I guess playing an instrument is just a different experience.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well, when you grow up interacting with people mostly on Facebook/etc and from the other side of a cellphone, it's easy to have social anxiety issues.

and when you have social anxiety issues its easy to find texting and computers and an easier way of communicating with people which is probaby why a few of us are here rather then talking to people we may be able to find to talk about anime.

so my main pc had its first lockup in a long time.. that was interesting 

fuck florida

fml

i had my fair share of BS presentations. 

Okay, so this Friday in my public speaking class we have our first speech - a success speech. It's a 2-3 minute speech where we talk about a success in our life. it can be anything. I'm gonna talk about how I built my first computer, because why not, I felt accomplished after building it. Need to turn in my final draft tonight. Anything else I should add? (I had to romanticize a bit, but that's so the class can stay amused, because I'm sure most of them aren't into computers.)

wow, i could never do something like that. i've literally nothing to say about myself 

I use to be suuuuuper bad about it. Like, I would visually get nervous. I would take a breath in between every word, and could very clearly hear that breath of air, and my body and hands would vigorously shake ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). It was terrible. Now a days I'm significantly better than that. I'm actually able to talk in front of a classroom without visually showing that I'm nervous, and I now have the confidence to crack a joke or two. Yay, improvements!

COMIC SANS

and when you have social anxiety issues its easy to find texting and computers and an easier way of communicating with people which is probaby why a few of us are here rather then talking to people we may be able to find to talk about anime.

lol yeh sorta, only know like 3 people that actually like anime, and im sorta of a closet otaku(just without all the merchandise) if you want to call it that. only my gf and 3 others know. not like other people where their family gets them a dakimakura(google spelling ftw lol).