What will be the PC equivalent to a PS5?

Intel and Nvidia build and AMD build

23 minutes ago, RapidTurtle said:

the PS4 has an 8 core Zen 2 processor inside, a literal equivalent (or the closest possible) is the Ryzen 7 3700X.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

the PS4 has an 8 core Zen 2 processor inside, a literal equivalent (or the closest possible) is the Ryzen 7 3700X.

By the time those are released.  Just build a budget gaming PC with Ryzen 7 APU and you will have it.   

Note that when you play a PS4 game in PC, it's a different game, for example they played Witcher 3 on 720p 30fps as I ve heard (I don't know about graphics quality). So it doesn't mean that PC will run a PS5 game just because of specs

23 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

3700x is a good deal faster though.  Maybe a 2700x simply because it’s not as good.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The problem currently is the ps5 magical black box storage solution.  They’re keeping it under wraps so it’s hard.  The gpu can’t be more than a 2070S in power.  Will likely be less.  How much less is unknown.  Xbox series X is faster but how much isn’t known.  Just gonna have to wait till they come out I suspect.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Hmm... Tricky. This is because console processors are actually custom made. Although they may share some architecture wise, but their I/O is very different, even the memory controllers are different. So, I don't think any PC specs is equal to PS5, because they are totally different in processor architectures, has different types of memory controllers, has different method on how other components interacted with the processor, the languages they used and machine codes as well.

But, assuming on the components code name, my guess is Ryzen 7 3700X or 3800X CPU combine with next generation Navi GPU (maybe the next 5600XT)

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

It will take a couple of years after launch I believe to achieve greater performance than a PS5 game.  Similar to how we now have far superior performance and quality to console systems.  It's not the power of the hardware, its because it's a dedicated system.  

In a benchmark a PC can outperform no issue.

Consoles have the advantage of being made one way, just to play games.

Writing and optimising games for a known hardware configuration on consoles is easier than PC so more can be squeezed out.

Sometimes brute force wins out or optimisation matters less and PC works fine in more cases.

Then throw in the modding community and after a year or so it swings way back in the favour of PCs.

In the end it’s always hard to compare them. Just like Apple always getting more out of their hardware for the same reason, there is more to it than raw specifications.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

If you're looking at pure gaming performance, there's nothing available on the consumer market that you can cobble together to beat it. However, that's just down to custom hardware and software/games optimized specifically for that. It's the same reason why iPhones always have worse specs than Android phones, yet always beat Android phones in performance. It's not that you can't get awesome Android phones that will handle anything you can throw at them, it's just that you can't beat custom hardware and software literally designed for each other.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

12 hours ago, RapidTurtle said:

Well it's not actually out yet... Probably performance wise something along the lines of a 3800X and nvidias next 80 series card but obviously the console will age better than the PC. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

From just the specs alone you can't tell. We really have to wait until they're out and someone can run benchmarks. The 8-core zen2 processor will be vastly inferior to the 3700X because the console parts will clock significantly lower to save power/heat. In terms of GPU power we only have spec numbers. There are no spec numbers that tell how much FPS you're gonna get.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

From just the specs alone you can't tell. We really have to wait until they're out and someone can run benchmarks. The 8-core zen2 processor will be vastly inferior to the 3700X because the console parts will clock significantly lower to save power/heat. In terms of GPU power we only have spec numbers. There are no spec numbers that tell how much FPS you're gonna get.

The Xbone CPU is rated for 3.6 or 8Ghz flat, no boosting

2 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

3.6 or 8Ghz

8GHz? You mean 3.8?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

24 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

8GHz? You mean 3.8?

Aye should've stylised it 3.7/8

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

Aye should've stylised it 3.7/8

3.6 is the base frequency of the 3700X so the console cores will perform like a thermal throttled 3700X at best ;)

1 hour ago, Stahlmann98 said:

3.6 is the base frequency of the 3700X so the console cores will perform like a thermal throttled 3700X at best ;)

Um... Thermal throttling is going below base clock...

What actually is the all core boost of the 3700X? I know there was a scandel of like only 50% of the chip actually hitting max boost. 

59 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Um... Thermal throttling is going below base clock...

What actually is the all core boost of the 3700X? I know there was a scandel of like only 50% of the chip actually hitting max boost. 

My 3700X hits 4.4 single core, ~4.15 all-core and ~3.95 AVX all-core without any BIOS tweaking or PBO.

17 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

By the time those are released.  Just build a budget gaming PC with Ryzen 7 APU and you will have it.   

Surely he'll need a dedicated graphics card though, right? This is the first I've heard of Ryzen 7 APU's but I'm sure they can't match the performance of dedicated graphics cards...

6 minutes ago, steelo said:

Surely he'll need a dedicated graphics card though, right? This is the first I've heard of Ryzen 7 APU's but I'm sure they can't match the performance of dedicated graphics cards...

There are claims that the jaguar2 apu can do it and it’s been designed for something like 2 years now.

21 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

My 3700X hits 4.4 single core, ~4.15 all-core and ~3.95 AVX all-core without any BIOS tweaking or PBO.

3.8 is only 0.15 off then, not too bad. 

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There are claims that the jaguar2 apu can do it and it’s been designed for something like 2 years now.

Wow...that's pretty freaking amazing then. I know the architecture in consoles has been completely different than pc's, but why isn't this an option for pc users?

Just now, steelo said:

Wow...that's pretty freaking amazing then

Yep.  Jaguar2 is in both upcoming consoles and they’ve had test systems out for some time.