X570 Aorus Master,Pro,Ultra,Elite difference?

Hey friends.

Can someone please explain me what is the difference between such boards except price.

I suppose in VRM Phase count.

Which board would I need for 3700X or in the future plan to upgrade to 3900X?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

The main difference is the VRM design. Mind that not only phase count matters tough. Any of these will easily handle the 3700x and 3900x so pick the one least espensive that has all the features you need.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

anything x570 is compatible with 3rd gen ryzen

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

The Elite is (or at least was before B550 and the X570 Tomahawk) really competitive in its price range, I don't get the point of the Pro, the Ultra's not a great deal when you can get an X570 Unify for similar or less money, and the Master is really good but you probably don't need that high-end of a motherboard.

What's your budget for the motherboard?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

On paper it looks like RAM compatibility & slot count are the main diff's.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Around 300 euros...Master don't sell here so it's out of equasion.

Ultra looks very cool.

Visual ispection of Elite,this MB looks very poor with components.

Problem is I never had any board except Asus,and dunno,a friend message me few days ago telling me that his X470 from Gigabyte died,and I noticed here a lot of problems with their boards for AMD.

I went to raisonjon list and specs of all these boards and I'm just looking at VRm design and seems to me correct me if I am wrong they all share same VRM components.

Personally I'd go for Crosshair Hero VIII but wouldn't give here 500 euros for that board...

So is Gigabyte good with X570,mates?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Just now, frozensun said:

Around 300 euros...Master don't sell here so it's out of equasion.

Ultra looks very cool.

Visual ispection of Elite,this MB looks very poor with components.

Problem is I never had any board except Asus,and dunno,a friend message me few days ago telling me that his X470 from Gigabyte died,and I noticed here a lot of problems with their boards for AMD.

I went to raisonjon list and specs of all these boards and I'm just looking at VRm design and seems to me correct me if I am wrong they all share same VRM components.

Personally I'd go for Crosshair Hero VIII but wouldn't give here 500 euros for that board...

WI-FI is a plus but not required...

And I'm a big fan of RGB effects on boards but all these boards have very poor RGB effects that come with it.

Just now, Mateyyy said:

The Elite is (or at least was before B550 and the X570 Tomahawk) really competitive in its price range, I don't get the point of the Pro, the Ultra's not a great deal when you can get an X570 Unify for similar or less money, and the Master is really good but you probably don't need that high-end of a motherboard.

What's your budget for the motherboard?

can you explain me why Unify is better board ?

All of them would handle a 3900x, let alone a 3700x.

Elite, Pro and Ultra are based on the same PCB and share the same VRM, just different matter of populating it. Elite has flat heatsinks, Pro gets more grooves on it and Type C at the back, Ultra gets a 3rd M.2 slot. They are really not that different, so the Ultra's ultra pricing makes it stand out as one of the worse options from Gigabyte's lineup.

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Good but not the best from any angle. TUF and some premium B550 boards are stronger for lower budgets, Tomahawk is better on the high end (for the Elite/Pro/Ultra).

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

I have the Elite with a 2600, and its fine>
Components are good 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Thank you Jurrunio.

I forgot to mention that it must have POST LEDs for troubleshooting and BIOS FB button.

Start and reset switches are optional to me.

Woow I'm just looking at MEG Unify which is around 320 euros,looks very cool but particulary I'm not a fan of MSI at all except love their graphics card.

I'd personally go for Phantom Gaming X and I remember time when AsRock was great and cheap,but sadly now Asrock overpriced even Gigabyte so Phantom Gaming X is her over 350 euros...

Just now, Jurrunio said:

All of them would handle a 3900x, let alone a 3700x.

Elite, Pro and Ultra are based on the same PCB and share the same VRM, just different matter of populating it. Elite has flat heatsinks, Pro gets more grooves on it and Type C at the back, Ultra gets a 3rd M.2 slot. They are really not that different, so the Ultra's ultra pricing makes it stand out as one of the worse options from Gigabyte's lineup.

Good but not the best from any angle. TUF and some premium B550 boards are stronger for lower budgets, Tomahawk is better on the high end (for the Elite/Pro/Ultra).

I don't get you mate,stop advertising B550 which I don't want B for Bullshit,midrange B550 is same cost as cheaper X570 and I'd always chose X570 because it's chipset who gives more for same buck even if I maybe won't use those options in future.

Thank you for your response and guys who explained me here,but I was very clear with name of the topic.

4 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I'm not a fan of MSI at all except love their graphics card.

Why's that ? 

The unify is one of the better x570 boards 

Don't look at the brand 

Look at the actual product

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

12 minutes ago, frozensun said:

can you explain me why Unify is better board ?

The Unify is the X570 ACE minus all the RGB - stronger power delivery, 2.5Gb LAN, better BIOS (arguably), POST code instead of hard to read tightly packed debug LEDs (which is quite awful considering the Ultra is a $300 board) and onboard power and reset buttons (though these could be considered kind of niche).

Off the top of my head, what the Ultra does have over the Unify is dual BIOS (though the Unify has BIOS flashback so the likelihood of you actually requiring a second BIOS because you bricked the first or whatever are really slim), and a couple more rear USB ports (though the Unify already has more than enough imo).

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Wingfan said:

I have the Elite with a 2600, and its fine>
Components are good 

Can anyone tell me why do these boards look so poor,look at Elite,I see naked PCB in more then 3 places all over board.

You should take a look at my Rampage V,there is no single part of the board which is not covered with electronics :D

5 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Thank you Jurrunio.

I forgot to mention that it must have POST LEDs for troubleshooting and BIOS FB button.

Start and reset switches are optional to me.

Woow I'm just looking at MEG Unify which is around 320 euros,looks very cool but particulary I'm not a fan of MSI at all except love their graphics card.

I'd personally go for Phantom Gaming X and I remember time when AsRock was great and cheap,but sadly now Asrock overpriced even Gigabyte so Phantom Gaming X is her over 350 euros...

MSI X570 is fine on the high end and Tomahawk

PG X is expensive but it's mostly Taichi with makeup.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Why's that ? 

The unify is one of the better x570 boards 

Don't look at the brand 

Look at the actual product

Dunno,didn't watch and see all those crazy youtubers ever build with MSI boards...I'm not sure why...

Whats so special with Unify compared to those Gigabyte I mentioned?

I can see the PCB looks okay,I must look at VRM design at raisonjohn sheet.

I like post LEDs.

I don't see POST LEDs in Elite so Elite is out of equasion too.

Not having POST LEDs at board sucks so bad,it's not very helpful when you have issues but it might help sometimes...

I will take a look at Unify later and maybe choose that one,who knows.

I must look at POST LEDs which of these boards have and FB button.

Whats so special with Unify compared to those Gigabyte I mentioned?

It's really good considering it's price 

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

can see the PCB looks okay

How can you visually see that ?

must look at VRM design at raisonjohn sheet.

It's good

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

OH I forgot to mention one very important thing,compatibility with my RAM which is Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 3200 MHz 2x8GB

OH I forgot to mention one very important thing,compatibility with my RAM which is Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 3200 MHz 2x8GB

That's what the QVL lists - on the manufacturer's web pages - help with... but are not always gospel about.

Remember to factor in the CL timings, when checking the lists...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

7 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I don't get you mate,stop advertising B550 which I don't want B for Bullshit,midrange B550 is same cost as cheaper X570 and I'd always chose X570 because it's chipset who gives more for same buck even if I maybe won't use those options in future.

Thank you for your response and guys who explained me here,but I was very clear with name of the topic.

B550 may have a B in the front but it's a mix of low end to high end. It's not like B450 where the best one can only compete with the low end of X chipset. X570 on paper has more features, but the board vendor can always cut away some to seperate cheaper ones from more expensive ones which is exactly what happened to say, the TUF or Aorus Elite on X570.

It's fine if you want X570 for whatever reason, maybe you just like the name, but it's my responsibility to judge them objectively

I don't see POST LEDs in Elite so Elite is out of equasion too.

Not having POST LEDs at board sucks so bad,it's not very helpful when you have issues but it might help sometimes...

I will take a look at Unify later and maybe choose that one,who knows.

I must look at POST LEDs which of these boards have and FB button.

Post code is an expensive feature these days, barely anything below $300 carries one (even B550 with post code are essentially X570 high end boards with a different chipset).

4 minutes ago, frozensun said:

All of them work with it, tho I think MSI software has the deepest integration with Corsair products.

Desktop benching:

Elite is cheap and has very good VRM and good heatsinks that keep the VRM cool even with high power consumption cpus. 

At that price, a PLUS is that it has usb type c header (10 gbps) for the front panel of the case ... few boards at that price point have it.

The other Gigabyte boards add a THIRD pci-e slot so you can have 2 pci-e x8 (the Elite has x16 + x4 from chipset) and enable SLI for which you pay nVidia license costs ... that's what adds to the x570 Pro price. You also pay more for the Pro for that extra m.2 heatsink ... you're complaining about the motherboard of Elite being bare but you forget that's where the costs are cut and that's why the board is cheaper.

Yeah... you also get ALC 1220 for sound, instead of ALC1200 - but ALC1200 is good enough.

The Master adds a 2.5 gbps network card and a 3rd m.2 connector. 

--- You're complaining about B550 and calling it names ... but really the only difference between the x570 Elite and a similar B550 motherboard would be that the 2nd M.2 connector and the pci-e x4 and x1 slots are pci-e 4.0  - on B550 boards, those slots would be pci-e 3.0

ABSOLUTELY no other difference whatsoever ... decent B550 boards will have 2.5 gbps network (the elite has good intel 1gbps) , will have alc1200 or alc1220 for sound, similar VRM..

For example GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO  has 2.5g lan, has alc1220 (so better than x570 elite), has 3 pci-e x16 slots , has two m.2 heatsinks .. but probably loses the usb 10g header for the front panel... and it's cheaper .. so it's a better value.

And as for BIOS and settings guys,which is the most user friendly?

I've watched a lot of Carrey Holzman videos and he likes the most Gigabyte BIOS after Asus..I must tell I like it too,and Asrocks looks so poor because I have Asrock 990 FX old board.