corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

7 minutes ago, Deli said:

I certainly hope this is the case. However I think it is to early to make that conclusion.

This really does need to be the case im a hypercondriact and im going fucking crazy especially as i work in a call centre where everything spreads through aircon

#Murica(butinternational)parrotgang

27 minutes ago, Alexsheff93 said:

This really does need to be the case im a hypercondriact and im going fucking crazy especially as i work in a call centre where everything spreads through aircon

36 minutes ago, Deli said:

I certainly hope this is the case. However I think it is too early to make that conclusion.

Guys, our health systems, sanitation systems and economies are too advanced for this to become anything like the black plague. Unless you live in China, Africa you should be fine. 

2 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

Guys, our health systems, sanitation systems and economies are too advanced for this to become anything like the black plague. Unless you live in China, Africa you should be fine. 

Don't use the example Black Death. 1/3 to half of the human population perished during that pandemic.

There is much we don't know about this particular virus. Don't panic and stay alert. Everyone does their part to mitigate the risk.

More develop countries have more resources to deal with the disease. However, you sound like even though there are outbreaks in less developed countries. There is nothing to worry about. Wow.

19 minutes ago, Deli said:

Don't use the example Black Death. 1/3 to half of the human population perished during that pandemic.

There is much we don't know about this particular virus. Don't panic and stay alert. Everyone does their part to mitigate the risk.

More develop countries have more resources to deal with the disease. However, you sound like even though there are outbreaks in less developed countries. There is nothing to worry about. Wow.

It is actually true though. China is a perfect example, thats where 2 major diseases and or virsues started (Corona and Bird Flu). China may be a global player now but much of its population still lives in underwhelming conditions. These conditions can cause diseases. Any doctor will tell you that anyone who is poor has a higher risk of getting sick than those who are more well off....this is fact. I am not trying to sound like someone who thinks "North America is better than Africa". I am just saying viruses and diseases thrive in certain conditions. So those more well off countries are at less of a risk. 

There actually is nothing to worry about, the WHO will find a way to contain the Corona. Here in the United States the president just signed a 8 billion dollar bill to combat the virus. I am going to go ahead and assume that any vaccine developed or any idea/way to combat the virus will be given to other countries as this can turn into even more of a global issue. Maybe I am putting to much faith into science, I just believe that with common sense sanitation techniques and with science and technology there isn't anything to worry about....at the moment. Everyone around the world seems to be responding accordingly. Although China could do a better job of containing and investigating the diseases that comes from its country. 

2 hours ago, FakeCIA said:

Lucky. I have to fight with the Walmart Soccer Moms if I want the good TP.

? Dude you have to do what I do.

Get the Scott brand 20 roll super big package.

Then no more maneuvering around Moms with 3 kids in tow and your set for the whole summer lol.

(? Oh we're all good now! )

?

1 hour ago, PurplDrank said:

This is just another SARS, AIDS, Ebola that will come and go

Hum... Ebola is no summer day at the beach with friends...

Ebola is deadly!

Ebola vaccine is not yet 100% sure... So please...

Just saying...

1 minute ago, Cora_Lie said:

Hum... Ebola is no summer day at the beach with friends...

Ebola is deadly!

Ebola vaccine is not yet 100% sure... So please...

Just saying...

And where are the increasing ebola cases? as of late 2019 to 2020?

Masks do not work!

If mask don't work then how come countries much closer to China like Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, have a much lower number of people infected, vs the US where it's on the other side of the world. Going by the slow or almost non existent infection rates from those countries who are much closer to China, clearly shows that those mask have some type of protection. 1% of protection is better than not wearing one and have 0% protection. 

This is like saying only heavy body armor can stop a bullet, and light body armor can't. Because light body armor is useless, might as well just send all the soldiers out into the battlefield with no body armor at all.

US has a total of 254

Singapore: 130

Taiwan: 45

Malaysia: 83

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

If mask don't work then how come countries much closer to China like Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, have a much lower number of people infected, vs the US where it's on the other side of the world. Going by the slow or almost non existent infection rates from those countries who are much closer to China, clearly shows that those mask have some type of protection. 1% of protection is better than not wearing one and have 0% protection. 

This is like saying only heavy body armor can stop a bullet, and light body armor can't. Because light body armor is useless, might as well just send all the soldiers out into the battlefield with no body armor at all.

US has a total of 254

Singapore: 130

Taiwan: 45

Malaysia: 83

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/02/coronavirus-do-face-masks-work-and-how-to-stop-it-from-spreading.html

They arent actually effective. The mask is not sealed to your face! In fact a good portion dont even use the mask properly, they only put it over there mouth and not there nose. 

3 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/02/coronavirus-do-face-masks-work-and-how-to-stop-it-from-spreading.html

They arent actually effective. The mask is not sealed to your face! In fact a good portion dont even use the mask properly, they only put it over there mouth and not there nose. 

So you would rather go out without a mask and breath in some random person's breath who might be infect but aren't showing any symptoms?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

3 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

If mask don't work then how come countries much closer to China like Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, have a much lower number of people infected, vs the US where it's on the other side of the world.

There probably are more tourists from bigger countries, rather than from neighbouring countries.

I edit my posts more often than not

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

So you would rather go out without a mask and breath in some random person's breath who might be infect but aren't showing any symptoms?

4 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

There probably are more tourists from bigger countries, than from neighbouring countries.

Numlock...what Tan316 said. 

How many of people are actually fitted for a proper sized mask? Let me use your body armor analogy, if you have a small body armor that doesn't cover a majority of the thorax, or you put it on backwards then it kind of defeats the purpose....see what im saying? Thats like ripping the condom with your fingernail before putting it on. Then expecting the female to not get pregnant....its ridiculous. 

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

There probably are more tourists from bigger countries, than from neighbouring countries.

Tourism or not, at least they have it better under control than the US. Looks like US wants to be the world dominate in everything, even trying to beat China in the number of people getting infected.

US is 10th place in the Covid-19 ranking. Cheer for US to reach the #1 spot.

USA! USA! USA!

/s

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

And where are the increasing ebola cases? as of late 2019 to 2020?

You must be kidding me!!! There is an Ebola outbreak ongoing right now in Africa! It started in 2018 and it is still ongoing! 3,310cases - 2,264 deaths (for RDC alone)

Table: Chronology of previous Ebola virus disease outbreaks

Year Country EVD Cases Deaths Case fatality
 2018-2019 Democratic Republic of the Congo Zaire   ongoing    
 2018 Democratic Republic of the Congo Zaire  54  33  61% 
 2017 Democratic Republic of the Congo  Zaire  50% 
2015 Italy Zaire 1 0 0%
2014 Spain Zaire 1 0 0%

Source: WHO https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/ebola-virus-disease

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kivu_Ebola_epidemic

<content removed by staff> check your sources, otherwise it won't pass here! ?

Edited by Guest
<content removed by staff>

This sucks. So an announcement was made by the building administration where I work at. Someone on the upper floors tested positive for COVID.

Everyone is on edge right now since we all use the same elevators. Sigh...

I'm in the Philippines btw.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

1 minute ago, Xiee said:

This sucks. So an announcement was made by the building administration where I work at. Someone on the upper floors tested positive for COVID.
Everyone is on edge right now since we all use the same elevators. Sigh...

I'm in the Philippines btw.

Real sorry for you...

7 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

You must be kidding me!!! There is an Ebola outbreak ongoing right now in Africa! It started in 2018 and it is still ongoing! 3,310cases - 2,264 deaths (for RDC alone)

Source: WHO https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/ebola-virus-disease

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kivu_Ebola_epidemic

Please, don't be stupid, check your sources, otherwise it won't pass here! ?

There you go bro....actual evidence!

4 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

Numlock...what Tan316 said. 

How many of people are actually fitted for a proper sized mask? Let me use your body armor analogy, if you have a small body armor that doesn't cover a majority of the thorax, or you put it on backwards then it kind of defeats the purpose....see what im saying? Thats like ripping the condom with your fingernail before putting it on. Then expecting the female to not get pregnant....its ridiculous. 

Not sure where you get small body armor from. I mentioned light body armor not small body armor. Anyway from your pov just like the majority of the people in the US, if it doesn't protect then there is no point of using it. So if that's the case might as well stop wearing seat belts and helmets because they don't do much anyway.

Looks like US is going for the #1 spot. if not #1 they will sure land at the top 3 of Covid-19 infected. YAY!

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

6 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

There you go bro....actual evidence!

What "evidence" ???

The one and only Ebola vaccine "approved" is as of December 2019!!!!!  All the others are still only "candidates".
Still under clinical trial!!

And the outbreak is still ONGOING! WITH THE VACCINE!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_vaccine

Please stop polluting this thread with non-sense! And I'm being polite!

1 minute ago, PurplDrank said:

France has the higher number besides China. USA has 148. Oh yeah.....want to be dominant in everything....LMAO! 

Oh boy!  and here....we....go

US only cares about the mighty dollar and the stock market. They don't give a damn about the people. Can't spend that mighty dollar when that person is bury 6 feet under.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Not sure where you get small body armor from. I mentioned light body armor not small body armor. Anyway from your pov just like the majority of the people in the US, if it doesn't protect then there is no point of using it. So if that's the case might as well stop wearing seat belts and helmets because they don't do much anyway.

Looks like US is going for the #1 spot. if not #1 they will sure land at the top 3 of Covid-19 infected. YAY!

There are multiple different sized body armors, Everyone in any military is usually fitted for uniform and armor. Thats where i get body armor from....DUH! 

Actually there is research that seatbelts are a great life saver. That is why people actually use them. There is no research that says " If you wear mask then there is less of a chance to obtain Corona". If there is.....find it for me. 

Too me the markets here in the USA react like super hyper nervous chickens in a cage.

The way people on the TV news here in the USA keep talking about it is strange to me.

They are reacting strongly to the down side but down here on real people street I suspect it will be different in the end.

Because when regular people get reminded of our mortality we often spend money like crazy afterwards. ?

I think when most people in the near future here all over the country are off work sitting at home on a kind of forced recovery down time. After a mild stint of it. They will be bored out of their brains and what will they do? Order big loads of junk online that they don't really need. ?

Depending on how long it takes for this thing to peak here. When we hit the back end of it. I suspect the bulk of Americans will buy more stuff this year and this Christmas then they did last year lol.

Don't mean to make light of people suffering but the business news end of it is just goofy to me personally.

12 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

There are multiple different sized body armors, Everyone in any military is usually fitted for uniform and armor. Thats where i get body armor from....DUH! 

Actually there is research that seatbelts are a great life saver. That is why people actually use them. There is no research that says " If you wear mask then there is less of a chance to obtain Corona". If there is.....find it for me. 

The countries I've listed, everyone is wearing a mask not N95, but basic surgical mask and the total number of people infected over there is much lower than the US.

You know what, why you go to a hospital and make a live stream by standing next to a patient who has been tested positive for covid-19, without a mask and say MASK DON'T WORK!, while you're at it, have a conversation with that patient, they might be lonely you know. Then come back 14 days later (if you make it that far) and report back to us.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

At least with Ebola, I heard the kill rate is much higher and faster so it reduces the chances of spreading compare to covid-19.

Edited by SansVarnic

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

11 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

At least with Ebola, I heard the kill rate is much higher and faster so it reduces the chances of spreading compare to covid-19.

Yes, that's why it never evolved to something like the flu or now Covid-19. It kills the host too quickly.