Samsung Announces Galaxy S10 Lite and Note10 Lite

Stroal

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-brings-galaxy-to-more-people-introducing-galaxy-s10-lite-and-note10-lite

Samsung Electronics today announced the new Galaxy S10 Lite and Galaxy Note10 Lite. Building on the legacy of the Galaxy S and Galaxy Note series, these Galaxy Lite models bring key premium features such as the latest camera technology, signature S Pen, immersive display and a long-lasting battery at an accessible price point.

“The Galaxy S and Galaxy Note devices have met consumer wants and demands around the world. These devices represent our continuous effort to deliver industry leading innovations, from performance and power to intelligence and services,” said DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics. “The Galaxy S10 Lite and Galaxy Note10 Lite will introduce those distinct key premium features that make up a Galaxy S and Galaxy Note experience.”

spacer.png

My Thoughts:

Just what we need, more versions of the same phone. Also I find it strange that they are releasing this so close to an apparent Feb launch of the galaxy S11.  I'm not too sure how big of a market there is for a cheaper version of the Note10, but time will tell.  Also way to steal the naming convention from Nintendo! 

Sounds like inventory clearing. 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I'd prefer they release the s10e but with a camera that performs at night 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

It's only the same by name...which IMO is odd, it's almost like they missed the window in which they wanted to release it, but pushed ahead with it anyway. This would have made a lot of sense in September, but virtually no sense now. The rest of the device is entirely different.

Even though they're cheaper, I'd still stick with the full fat versions. These phones have huge screens, and the bodies aren't as compact.

Though those large batteries are tempting...

I'm surprised you missed the fact that the phones will have better image stabilization than the current flagships.

6 hours ago, williamcll said:

Sounds like inventory clearing. 

Sure...except the share nothing with the S10?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Copying Apple again with their competitive price point. Unbelievable.

So problem I see with this is variants of the same phone don't get treated the same with regards to support, if product X rev1.1 and so on doesn't get the same treatment as rev1.0 it'd suck for the owner/user. I owned an S4 mini I was lucky to get a year and change of software support for it. I moved up to the S6 after, the regular version got better treatment, until Samsung got rid of the mini variants, and started releasing the A-series variant (I think).

On 1/4/2020 at 6:06 AM, TempestCatto said:

D..does it have a headphone jack?

No on the S10

Yes on the Note10

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

My take is they have a lot of excess components lying around for these phones.  So why not rename and tell it close to BOM cost and clear the inventory.  They clearly want to push S11 and Note 11.

7900X, Asus X670-E ROG Strix , 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000, 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME,  EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 PSU w/ CableMod, Asus Xonar DSX, Lian Li Galahad 360, Hyte Y60, Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10, (1) Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide, (1) Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P, Logitech G535

uuuh... So one more to the familly ? Samsung S10, but wait if you want the best one S10+, but wait if you dont want something so higher you have the S10e, and now, after so long, with S11/S20 almost coming, we release the S10 Lite wooho.

Serious time now, samsung just floods the market like this versions of versions with small details change only, it really is getting ridiculous. But hey, it's their marketing strategy so it's nothing new really.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

23 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

Serious time now, samsung just floods the market like this versions of versions with small details change only, it really is getting ridiculous. But hey, it's their marketing strategy so it's nothing new really.

a model in every price bracket = more sales.

more sales = happy stakeholders

happy stakeholders = more money

more money = more models

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, wolfxtr3m said:

uuuh... So one more to the familly ? Samsung S10, but wait if you want the best one S10+, but wait if you dont want something so higher you have the S10e, and now, after so long, with S11/S20 almost coming, we release the S10 Lite wooho.

so... options bad?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

32 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

so... options bad?

Not saying that,but for me it feels like a ripoff when you can just wait a few more months for a next gen one.

In my case with the sony helped. I know that Xperias are overpriced but I had 3 options XA2, XA2 Ultra and XA2 Plus, all of them diffrent but all in the mid-range price I ended with the XA2 plus due to having better sound better protection and the price was lower than the Ultra, the difrence being just a extra frontal camera ( I don't take much selfies so not needed for me)

While adding this S10lite feels even worse than the  release of the ps4pro or the xbox one x, while the consoles were mid generation, the S10lite just comes when the next flagship is just around the corner, I would rather gather more money and buy the next flagship then buy the lite cuz of better camera

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

Not saying that,but for me it feels like a ripoff when you can just wait a few more months for a next gen one.

In my case with the sony helped. I know that Xperias are overpriced but I had 3 options XA2, XA2 Ultra and XA2 Plus, all of them diffrent but all in the mid-range price I ended with the XA2 plus due to having better sound better protection and the price was lower than the Ultra, the difrence being just a extra frontal camera ( I don't take much selfies so not needed for me)

While adding this S10lite feels even worse than the  release of the ps4pro or the xbox one x, while the consoles were mid generation, the S10lite just comes when the next flagship is just around the corner, I would rather gather more money and buy the next flagship then buy the lite cuz of better camera

Sure... If people want to spend more they are free to wait for the S20. If they dont and the S10e is still too much for them here comes the lite. Just filling in another price bracket

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

Sure... If people want to spend more they are free to wait for the S20. If they dont and the S10e is still too much for them here comes the lite. Just filling in another price bracket

For that I would rather for it to come a version like S20e, about people choice, funny enough the s10lite will still cost more the the s10e well, atleast in my country and I have a feeling that the price will drop even further

53 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

For that I would rather for it to come a version like S20e, about people choice, funny enough the s10lite will still cost more the the s10e well, atleast in my country and I have a feeling that the price will drop even further

well the S10e, without promotions, starts at 779€, While the S10Lite is priced at 680€. And if an S20e comes it will just take the place of the S10e and cost either the same or more ( ? following pricing trends), or less if they want to one up Apple

At the end of the day it's not a bad device, It gives an option to those who want a reasonably priced samsung device whilst staying in their S line instead of looking a the A or M series

20 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

well the S10e, without promotions, starts at 779€, While the S10Lite is priced at 680€. And if an S20e comes it will just take the place of the S10e and cost either the same or more ( ? following pricing trends), or less if they want to one up Apple

At the end of the day it's not a bad device, It gives an option to those who want a reasonably priced samsung device whilst staying in their S line instead of looking a the A or M series

I found the S10e at 580€... with the lite at same 680€, well that's with the marketplace that the store I usually go has

2 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

I found the S10e at 580€... with the lite at same 680€, well that's with the marketplace that the store I usually go has

as i said: without promotions the S10e is 780€

of course after a year you can now find it for less on carrier or electronics store, more so now that the S20 line is a month away to replace them.

And after a couple of month the Lite will also be available for even cheaper

2 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

as i said: without promotions the S10e is 780€

of course after a year you can now find it for less on carrier or electronics store, more so now that the S20 line is a month away to replace them.

And after a couple of month the Lite will also be available for even cheaper

You mean promotion and price drops right ? cuz it was 580€ no promotion.

yeah prices normally drop after 2 to 3 month depending on what you buy

1 minute ago, wolfxtr3m said:

You mean promotion and price drops right ? cuz it was 580€ no promotion.

yeah prices normally drop after 2 to 3 month depending on what you buy

weird cause on samsung's store page it sits at 780€

1505159206_2020-01-0614_36.29shop.samsung.com40499cad7fa1.png.fd6c08bce065275fdae3c3446c7485a2.png

13 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

weird cause on samsung's store page it sits at 780€

1505159206_2020-01-0614_36.29shop.samsung.com40499cad7fa1.png.fd6c08bce065275fdae3c3446c7485a2.png

Like I said, on the marketplace of the store that I buy

Screenshot_20200106-134834.png

Screenshot_20200106-134707.png