Cyberpunk 2077 - multiplayer mode will have micropayments

12 hours ago, Derangel said:

" Monetization will be intelligent and we will ensure that – how always – deliver valuable products in exchange for payment received.” From your link. They confirmed it will have monetization.

I was about to reply, but then...

4 hours ago, ravenshrike said:

Secondly, the actual wording used in the conference call was monetization. Selling the multiplayer for 20 bucks would be monetization. A $10/month subscription would be monetization. Occasional ads in-game of current day products with a CP2077 aesthetic would be monetization.

^^^THIS. Monetization is as generic as it gets. It just means the game won't be free as in free beer, "I did this in my spare time and I release it under creative commons".

12 hours ago, Derangel said:

They are always intentionally designed to be unfair to the player and designed to ensure the most people possible buy them. These companies hire psychologists to manipulate people into buying MTX. All the "only cosmetic" defense does is defend corporations. MTX should NEVER be in full priced games. I don't care what game it is, who the publisher is, they shouldn't exist.

If the issue is manipulation, why does it matter whether the game is full priced or "free to play"?

I will wait till release and reviews before I purchase the game. I unlike most people do not give money away for a promise of a game when the game already had financial backings. Why prepurchase something that can be 100% different than what they "Promised" they have no obligation to do anything for prepurchasers kik

18 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Corporations are not your friends.

Well yeah, but it also doesnt mean they should play the role of the devil....

21 hours ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

Cosmetics in form of micro transactions honestly keeps game alive much longer for me.

They could also be like games of old and just have the shit in at launch that you unlock over the course of the game. Then again, I've never been willing to pay for a virtual dress up simulator and in more and more modern games I tend to stick to the standard stuff anyways.

I'm thinking Tony Hawk, Halo, GTA, they all had customization that you unlocked through gameplay.

20 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Am I the only one who could not care less about multiplayer for this game?

My biggest question at this point is how expansive with the soundtrack be, in regards to radio stations when driving around.

Would be cool if they could find a way to make it possible to have player hosted "livestreams" injected into the game as radio stations.

Although I assume the music industry would shit a massive brick if any game ever attempted to do that because MUH COPYRIGHTS

WarThunder has a setup for internet radio. If it's actually a radio broadcast being played in game there's no copyright issue.

15 hours ago, Derangel said:

People really need to stop the "only cosmetic" bullshit. It is such a shitty defense of bad practices. Cosmetic stuff used to be free in games, they were stuff that big games would have a bonuses for people to collect. They are also huge business and only further encourage shitty practices. They are always intentionally designed to be unfair to the player and designed to ensure the most people possible buy them. These companies hire psychologists to manipulate people into buying MTX. All the "only cosmetic" defense does is defend corporations. MTX should NEVER be in full priced games. I don't care what game it is, who the publisher is, they shouldn't exist. Period. CDPR is betraying their fanbase by doing this.

I remember when they were first announced and people were pretty upset about what this bullshit was, and now people actually ask for it. Has it made GTA a metric shit ton of money from 12 year olds? Yes. But they're also the game with the largest sales figures in the history of ever. This argument about supporting the devs is horseshit when they make a $40 million profit on every title release. Hell Sony Pictures has been making nothing but purely garbage movies for nearly a decade including the Emoji movie and Slender Man. They spend a million making it, and make a million and a half back. $500k-$1m profit for making some of the worlds worst movies, and they don't even charge you extra to watch certain scenes.

#Muricaparrotgang

5 hours ago, Tegos said:

Whoa calm down there buddy this isn't Bethesda we're talking about

"Fallout will now have NPCS!"

*Fans scream in praise*

#Muricaparrotgang

7 hours ago, hollyh88 said:

^ I clearly did. don't just quote one thing. 

they are 2 different things. can it be addictive to look cool? sure can. Does that mean that those cosmetics will be designed to make you addicted? No. they said microtransactions. thus you buy the skin and you get it. there is no addiction there. if you want to make someone addicted you need to do it with a chance mechanic. And or pay 2 win. because yes some people want to be the best. and they too will be addicted to buy those things to stay the best. ive had that with a mobile game called good game empire. i thankfully didnt put alot of money in it though. 

You have no idea what you are talking about. They ARE designed to make people addicted. They ARE intentionally designed to prey on people prone to addiction. I mean, fuck, games like Fortnite prey on children and have turned the whole concept of "default" into an insult. Companies hire psychologists to make sure these schemes are as addictive as possible. Why do you think games have obscene time requirements in order to unlock things or lock some of the most desirable items solely behind a paywall?

4 hours ago, Senzelian said:

I'd rather have cosmetic microtransactions, than an increase of the game-price.

There is no correlation between game price and microtransactions.

2 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I was about to reply, but then...

^^^THIS. Monetization is as generic as it gets. It just means the game won't be free as in free beer, "I did this in my spare time and I release it under creative commons".

If the issue is manipulation, why does it matter whether the game is full priced or "free to play"?

You really need to learn to read between the lines when it comes to PR speak. Beyond that, my later point still stands: We need to treat this as if they were saying that they will add mictotransactions to the game. We shouldn't just shrug and go "oh, they would never go against their word" or anything like that. There are countless examples of supposedly "pro-consumer" companies turning against that mindset the moment they can get away with it. CDP is a publicly traded company, you and I are not their real customers nor are we their primary concern. Investors are and those are the people they need to keep happy.

Maybe it's not a great mentality to have, but I can be slightly more forgiving of F2P games, depending on how they handle it.

35 minutes ago, Derangel said:

games like Fortnite prey on children

this game is 18 and up :)

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

33 minutes ago, Derangel said:

You really need to learn to read between the lines when it comes to PR speak.

xD

33 minutes ago, Derangel said:

CDP is a publicly traded company, you and I are not their real customers nor are we their primary concern. Investors are and those are the people they need to keep happy.

We are the real customers, though. What you are trying to say is that we're not the main stakeholders, which we aren't. Stockholders don't want a BattleFront 2 situation, though.

As a customer, though, I don't feel in a desperate need to take preemptive measures about things that may or may not happen in a game that I can choose to buy or not to buy once it's finished.

And as long as it remains DRM-free, GOG available, I may actually buy it, but I don't care about multiplayer. People interested in multiplayer only should of course not buy a thing before knowing what they're getting. But that's a general rule, not specific to microtransactions.

30 minutes ago, Derangel said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. They ARE designed to make people addicted. They ARE intentionally designed to prey on people prone to addiction. I mean, fuck, games like Fortnite prey on children and have turned the whole concept of "default" into an insult. Companies hire psychologists to make sure these schemes are as addictive as possible. Why do you think games have obscene time requirements in order to unlock things or lock some of the most desirable items solely behind a paywall?

(...)

Maybe it's not a great mentality to have, but I can be slightly more forgiving of F2P games, depending on how they handle it.

Well, you're basically saying cocaine in food is unacceptable for paid restaurants, but you can be more forgiving about the cocaine content of free candy ^_^

I don't care since I'll only play the single player portion of the game, just like I only played the single player portion of GTA IV, GTA V, Red Dead Redemption 2, Titanfall 2, every CoD, every Battlefield, Forza Horizon, Hitman, AC and sooooo on.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

6 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

this game is 18 and up :)

13 and up in the US. The game is rated T here. It is directly marketed at children.

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

xD

We are the real customers, though. What you are trying to say is that we're not the main stakeholders, which we aren't. Stockholders don't want a BattleFront 2 situation, though.

As a customer, though, I don't feel in a desperate need to take preemptive measures about things that may or may not happen in a game that I can choose to buy or not to buy once it's finished.

And as long as it remains DRM-free, GOG available, I may actually buy it, but I don't care about multiplayer. People interested in multiplayer only should of course not buy a thing before knowing what they're getting. But that's a general rule, not specific to microtransactions.

Well, you're basically saying cocaine in food is unacceptable for paid restaurants, but you can be more forgiving about the cocaine content of free candy ^_^

If a company thinks it can get away with something, they will do it. People are quick to forget about CDP "joking" about GOG being shut down, how they tried to sue pirates (which caused so much outrage that they were forced to drop the lawsuits), or them outright lying (multiple times) about Witcher 3 being downgraded. They're not this spotless, perfect, company people paint them to be.

Like I said, maybe its not a good mentality to have.

49 minutes ago, Derangel said:

We need to treat this as if they were saying that they will add mictotransactions to the game.

No, we need to treat it as if they haven't decided how they're going to monetize the multiplayer but are looking into it. They almost certainly don't even know for sure how extensive the multiplayer is going to be or how much fresh content they will introduce to it over time, and without having those things nailed down knowing how they are going to monetize it is a non-starter.

19 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

No, we need to treat it as if they haven't decided how they're going to monetize the multiplayer but are looking into it. They almost certainly don't even know for sure how extensive the multiplayer is going to be or how much fresh content they will introduce to it over time, and without having those things nailed down knowing how they are going to monetize it is a non-starter.

Oh please. Of course they have ideas. Of course they're already looking at what they can get away with in terms of monetization. This is all just typical PR crap.

Edit: And if they truly aren't sure how they want to deal with it then that means customers need to be vocal about telling them what they don't want. Getting complacent and pretending a corporation will never do anything wrong (despite evidence existing of them doing wrong in the past) is what leads to the corporation taking advantage of that rabid fanbase.

1 hour ago, Derangel said:

Edit: And if they truly aren't sure how they want to deal with it then that means customers need to be vocal about telling them what they don't want. Getting complacent and pretending a corporation will never do anything wrong (despite evidence existing of them doing wrong in the past) is what leads to the corporation taking advantage of that rabid fanbase.

Nice job on moving the goalposts to an entirely different field there.

In any case, internally they are considering the multiplayer to be a separate game entirely per a Q&A during the Samurai On Tour event in Hamburg according to a reddit thread. Which means, no, it is not part of CP2077 and not included in the purchase of it or even likely to need CP2077 to run.

On 11/24/2019 at 3:30 PM, Slottr said:

I trust CDPR, It'll definitely be something extremely tamed

Real life friends of yours or something?  Been to their weddings, know their kids, etc?

Yeah, trust isn't something you just willy nilly toss out like that. 

Sounds like greed to me.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

1. When was multiplayer announced and how does that work?
2. Pretty disgusted by CDPR blatantly lying about this until now. Guess we could only get so lucky for so long. I dont care if it's just cosmetic or doesnt impact gameplay. This was their supposed stance, and they betrayed themselves and their fans.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

2 hours ago, Derangel said:

13 and up in the US. The game is rated T here. It is directly marketed at children.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/de/en/pre-order

Not what it will actually be tho. its an 18 year and older game. Just like the witcher is. Well its 17+ in the us since according to us law a teenager becomes an adult at 17 and not 18. so i dont know where you get your 13 from. cause that isn't going to happen. it contains swearing, nudity, gambling etc. that is not a 13 year and older rating in the us. not even for the biased esrb company. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

On 11/24/2019 at 9:30 PM, Slottr said:

I trust CDPR, It'll definitely be something extremely tamed

buuut they'd have still lied, so maybe that trust isn't quite deserved anyway

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

buuut they'd have still lied, so maybe that trust isn't quite deserved anyway

how have they lied? they promised that there wouldnt be microtransactions in their cyberpunk 2077 game. which is the core singleplayer game. Not the totally different multiplayer game.

they didn't lie. 

PC: 

20 hours ago, Derangel said:

Cosmetic stuff used to be free in games

Games also used to cost a lot less to produce.

CDPR is a (relatively) small studio. They are unable to work on more than one game at a time and until now they needed their game to succeed in order to stay afloat and finance making another one. 

So yea, I am not going to blame them for introducing, say, cosmetic microtransactions or even a paid subscription to multiplayer part of the game because I think that when they said no mico, the believed that it would happen. And then life happens - Keanu needs to be paid, ambitions are great so additional people need to be hired, the costs of promotion and marketing skyrocket, if there is multiplayer then it needs to be constantly maintained etc. and suddenly they face the truth - do we gamble with our money and stick to the "no micotransations promise" or do we verify our claims and try to introduce some form of monetization that will maybe drive off 10% of potential buyers while increasing profits by 100%?

The quoted article got updated by the way, so I'd be nice if that found it's way to the OT:

Aktualizacja: Wiadomość została poprawiona, ponieważ nieprawidłowo przekazaliśmy informację na temat mikrotransakcji w trybie multiplayer gry Cyberpunk 2077. Twórcy dopiero rozważają monetyzację komponentu wieloosobowego w nadchodzącej grze, a nie jak napisaliśmy, zapowiadają ich wprowadzenie. Za błąd przepraszamy.

Update: the news has been corrected because we falsely reported information about the microtransactions in Cyberpunk's 2077 multiplayer mode. The developers are only considering monetization of the multiplayer component of the upcoming game and not, like we initially reported, confirming it. We apologize for the mistake.
Source: https://www.gry-online.pl/

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

18 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

how have they lied? they promised that there wouldnt be microtransactions in their cyberpunk 2077 game. which is the core singleplayer game. Not the totally different multiplayer game.

Uh... no, it will be part of the game. This is some high level mental gymnastics you're doing just to defend a company.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, S w a t s o n said:

2. Pretty disgusted by CDPR blatantly lying about this until now. Guess we could only get so lucky for so long. I dont care if it's just cosmetic or doesnt impact gameplay. This was their supposed stance, and they betrayed themselves and their fans.

Someone didn't read the thread.

Item one, MTX were never actually mentioned, merely monetization of the multiplayer which is how they are going to make money off it, no more, no less. Selling the game for 60 bucks is monetization. Subscriptions are monetization. Private servers are monetization. In-universe ads with the proper aesthetic would be monetization.

Item two, the multiplayer is a separate game being made by a separate studio albeit with a lot of input from the main CDPR team. So it will probably be more Elder Scrolls Online than GTA Online in scope although hopefully with a smoother launch than that had.

6 hours ago, JZStudios said:

They could also be like games of old and just have the shit in at launch that you unlock over the course of the game. Then again, I've never been willing to pay for a virtual dress up simulator and in more and more modern games I tend to stick to the standard stuff anyways.

I'm thinking Tony Hawk, Halo, GTA, they all had customization that you unlocked through gameplay.

WarThunder has a setup for internet radio. If it's actually a radio broadcast being played in game there's no copyright issue.

I remember when they were first announced and people were pretty upset about what this bullshit was, and now people actually ask for it. Has it made GTA a metric shit ton of money from 12 year olds? Yes. But they're also the game with the largest sales figures in the history of ever. This argument about supporting the devs is horseshit when they make a $40 million profit on every title release. Hell Sony Pictures has been making nothing but purely garbage movies for nearly a decade including the Emoji movie and Slender Man. They spend a million making it, and make a million and a half back. $500k-$1m profit for making some of the worlds worst movies, and they don't even charge you extra to watch certain scenes.

I'm thinking more along the lines of player operated audio livestreams, you download a file from them, put it into a folder in the installation directory, and the livestream shows up in-game as a live radio station.

And because it's Cyberpunk, it should be available at any given time, even when you are not in a vehicle.

Because damnit, if I can have mantis arms that let me climb walls, I can damn well have perfect auditory nerve connected FLAC devices built into my head with a radio connection.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I'm thinking more along the lines of player operated audio livestreams, you download a file from them, put it into a folder in the installation directory, and the livestream shows up in-game as a live radio station.

And because it's Cyberpunk, it should be available at any given time, even when you are not in a vehicle.

Because damnit, if I can have mantis arms that let me climb walls, I can damn well have perfect auditory nerve connected FLAC devices built into my head with a radio connection.

Well I'm sure on PC there'll be a mod to replace in game soundtrack. I don't know why you'd rather download an entire livestream instead of doing actual live radio, but whatever.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Well I'm sure on PC there'll be a mod to replace in game soundtrack. I don't know why you'd rather download an entire livestream instead of doing actual live radio, but whatever.

See, you're thinking download.

I'm thinking linking an actual live stream into a game. As in, the same effect as having a livestream playing in the background whilst you game, but baked into the game.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs