Cyberpunk 2077 - multiplayer mode will have micropayments

CDPR game Cyberpunk 2077 will contain microtransaction, 

"we have learned that there will be micropayments in it. The CEO, Adam Kiciński, assures, however, that they will be done in a thoughtful way and in accordance with the company's policy - they will offer the right value for money. It is worth remembering that this whole project (multiplayer and micropayment mode) is still at an early stage of development, and the developers plan to add it to the game only some time after its release."

https://www.gry-online.pl/newsroom/cyberpunk-2077-tryb-multiplayer-jest-na-wczesnym-etapie-tworzenia/z31d09e

This statement contradicts a lot of prior interviews, from the wording i got not even multiplayer will have MTX. 

“The head of CD Projekt Red’s Krakow studio, John Mamais, has said that Cyberpunk 2077 won't contain any microtransactions..”

I think it's a bad idea to do microtransactions after you release a game. It seems like it's very profitable, though. It's probably a hard decision for the guy that runs the business to decide if we should do it or not. But if everyone hates it, why would we do something like that and lose the goodwill of our customers?

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/15/cyberpunk-2077-dev-calls-post-release-microtransactions-a-bad-idea

Tweets taking about greed 

849219268_Annotation2019-11-24130935.jpg.9cb33c23b51eacdf7fec1a5d545f217c.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/cdprojektred/status/932224394541314055?lang=en

Or this tweet 

/263878655_Annotation2019-11-24131149.thumb.jpg.145f8c2eaec26339a5c318cbf658476c.jpg

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1092544496225652737?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Opinion- The whole micrtotraction in games is really dumb even cosmetic but free to play games like Apex is understandable, a full 60$ experience game that ads cosmetic after making fun of the MTX model is just stupid. At the end of the day CDPR is a company, not a charity so its understandable why they would do something like this at the same time its disappointing.I will probably buy cyberpunk at launch but won't touch multiplayer.  

Gta 5 made banks

GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
with total revenues of $1.4 billion since its release in 2013--78% of which was earned by add-on content through GTA Online.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/58516/gta-online-earned-1-09-billion-analyst-firm/index.html

Note- Polish website, i am using google translate to read this article 

I trust CDPR, It'll definitely be something extremely tamed

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, emosun said:

I sure do miss buying a game..... then having it , and playing it.......

Can't wait for cereal to adopt the same business strategy so I can rent a box of fruitloops that is 20% full and tastes like crap.

yeah having a hard copy diskette, and 100's of them..... those were the good ole days. when you needed the game manual for the security question.

2 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

yeah having a hard copy diskette, and 100's of them..... those were the good ole days. when you needed the game manual for the security question.

not a hard copy fan

11 minutes ago, Tony Tony Chopper said:

Cosmetics in form of micro transactions honestly keeps game alive much longer for me.

The same thing can be implemented with a drop system as well though, just because it's micro-transactions doesn't automagically make it more fun.

When it comes to microtransactions, I really don't mind cosmetic. Making video games, being a development firm and/or publisher, comes with the sole intent of making money. The developers, writers, creative directors, everyone involved in it are what make the game what it is. CDPR has a good track record for making solid games, and doing right by their customers (make a good game and people will buy it). I'll go so far as to say that I know at least two people who purchased TW3 solely because of this, and they're the kind that normally don't play RPG's. True (Micro)transactions are a way of continuing to maintain profit (or increase revenue) while still allowing for continued development.

I still don't encourage pre-sales/preorders from anyone (CDPR included), but I think they've earned the trust enough to consider it a safe bet. I think that same trust applies here. I fully expect it will be a fair price and quality content. I think they know this, and I think they know all the good will that they currently have can be lost significantly faster than it can be reobtained.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I have no issues with microtransactions when they are done right like in following games:

- Overwatch (only cosmetics, while cool, they are non essential and do not affect gameplay)

- Killing Floor 2 (only cosmetics, while cool, they are non essential and do not affect gameplay)

- CS:GO (only cosmetics, while mostly ugly lol, they are non essential and do not affect gameplay)

- Natural Selection 2 (only cosmetics, while cool, they are non essential and do not affect gameplay)

I've bought some cosmetic items from some of these games at some point. Either because they looked cool or because I wanted to support developers of those games. That especially applies to Killing Floor 2 and Natural Selection 2. Developers of these two games continue to release tons of totally free content for the owners of the base game and it only feels right if you donate some and get a cosmetic as a thank you in return. Gameplay is entirely unaffected as a result, I still play the same as someone who hasn't bought any cosmetics at all.

If CDPR adds microtransactions in shape of new skins, outfits, accessories and stuff, I'm all for it. They are one of the most honest developers I know and if they go down the path of cosmetics only microtransactions, I'm all for it. Absolutely no issues there and if they'll offer cool stuff, chances are, I might chip in a € here and there. I like cool looking cosmetics if they aren't ridiculously priced and if that means additional support for the developer, it's fine.

Am I the only one who could not care less about multiplayer for this game?

My biggest question at this point is how expansive with the soundtrack be, in regards to radio stations when driving around.

Would be cool if they could find a way to make it possible to have player hosted "livestreams" injected into the game as radio stations.

Although I assume the music industry would shit a massive brick if any game ever attempted to do that because MUH COPYRIGHTS

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Hopefully it's not going to be too bad, but I guess CDPR couldn't resist the appeal of marginal profit increases

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

2 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

I guess CDPR couldn't resist the appeal of marginal profit increases

They are a public traded company, so yeah. Corporations are not your friends. 

-https://markets.businessinsider.com/stocks/cd_projekt_red-stock

-https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/financial-summary-report/

7 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Do I hear "overhyped game that'll never live up to its hype and will actually be dogshit?"

buh buh daddy CDPR could never do us dirty like this!!1!1!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!!

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I've said it before, and I'll say it over and over again.

I don't care if a game has micro transactions that are cosmetic. Go ham, fam. If you're one of those people that need to have everything in a game, and that bothers you, I think you might need to seek counseling, as that sounds like a bit of a problem. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't even care if you could buy in game items instead of grinding for them, as long as grinding was still an option and wasn't insanely out of proportion.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I don't understand why people are so outraged if microtransactions are done right. If microtransactions are limited to non essential cosmetics that do not affect gameplay, where is the problem? And if they'll continue to support, update and provide additional content post release, such microtransactions are a legit way to support them. Like I've said, I've seen them in Killing Floor 2 and Natural Selection 2 and they work wonderfully.

Killing Floor 2 does have loot boxes, sure, but they only contain non essential cosmetics and you also get them for just playing the game. You can buy the base game and have exactly the same fun as someone who pissed 500€ on cosmetics. And if you don't like loot boxes, Steam market has tons of cosmetics for this game where you pick and choose the exact one you want at the exact price you want (assuming one is available). I've only bought 2 or 3 character packs because they were really cool and had reasonable price and wanted to support devs for all the free content they delivered post game launch. The rest was on Steam market, mostly for sub 1€. Developer of this game makes seasonal events 4 times a year for free and they always come with a cosmetic goodie as reward for completion, they also add new maps, new weapons and other stuff through year, year after year and they really support games for a very long time without demanding you to pay Season Passes or similar crap.

If Cyberpunk 2077 has something similar, I can only welcome it. It'll generate additional income for CDPR and knowing them, they'll provide us with extra goodies, maybe extra campaign missions, more content or other expansion type of content that will be accessible to everyone, not just those who pay extra. You don't feel like paying anything extra after buying the game? Fine too. You maybe won't have some sick cool looking outfit or something, but that would be it. Gameplay experience won't be affected.

That is, assuming CDPR uses such approach. If they will, excellent. if not, it's gonna be a problem for them. So, they need to play this smart.

i still belive that any game you have to buy should not have microtrasnactions at all. If you want MTX, then the base game should be free to play.

Cosmetics/Expansions are an exception to this

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, emosun said:

I sure do miss buying a game..... then having it , and playing it.......

These games still exist.  Some extremely popular ones even.  You just have to do some research and not support greedy business practices,  it's not hard. 

Tho admittedly depends on taste,  I do not enjoy micro transaction games at all,  so it's easy for me to find ones without it :)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I really don't care about microtransactions if they're only cosmetic. Even if they're weapons I don't think it matters as long as you give players a SANE way of getting them through other means (AKA Not bullshit). Microtransactions are a plague but I don't see them disappearing anytime soon and as long as its tasteful there isn't really cause for much concern.

People really need to stop the "only cosmetic" bullshit. It is such a shitty defense of bad practices. Cosmetic stuff used to be free in games, they were stuff that big games would have a bonuses for people to collect. They are also huge business and only further encourage shitty practices. They are always intentionally designed to be unfair to the player and designed to ensure the most people possible buy them. These companies hire psychologists to manipulate people into buying MTX. All the "only cosmetic" defense does is defend corporations. MTX should NEVER be in full priced games. I don't care what game it is, who the publisher is, they shouldn't exist. Period. CDPR is betraying their fanbase by doing this.

im fine with cosmetic microtransactions, but when the game goes out of their way to make fun of other games having microtransactions and repeatedly states that they will not implement them in their game...

Lost a lot of respect for cdpr

Title seems very misleading unless i can't read. They didn't really say what they were doing, if anything.

“When it comes to monetizing the multiplayer Cyberpunk – we now think it is far too early to reveal any details. The project is at an early stage of development, and we are constantly experimenting – after all, this is our first game multiplayer, ” said Adam.

That from twistedvoxel. So it's too early to say. So why is everyone else saying there is 100% mtx?

9 minutes ago, LostElric said:

Title seems very misleading unless i can't read. They didn't really say what they were doing, if anything.

“When it comes to monetizing the multiplayer Cyberpunk – we now think it is far too early to reveal any details. The project is at an early stage of development, and we are constantly experimenting – after all, this is our first game multiplayer, ” said Adam.

That from twistedvoxel. So it's too early to say. So why is everyone else saying there is 100% mtx?

" Monetization will be intelligent and we will ensure that – how always – deliver valuable products in exchange for payment received.” From your link. They confirmed it will have monetization. Also, if people don't want this to happen we should treat it as a 100% thing and express our thoughts based on that. If enough people express anger and betrayal CDP will have to abandon MTX plans or prove themselves to just be yet another AAA publisher.