LENOVO NOT HONOURING WARRANTY!

TheLockpick

BC1FE038-2169-4EA2-860F-B69ACA0D32B1.thumb.png.5c4ca992d5700982fa1ac70c7388993e.pngI purchased a Lenovo monitor from Currys a year ago.  It recently broke on me and I contacted their customer service team.  After speaking to a guy called Luuk, i was told to send evidence of the monitor fault along with proof of purchase and images of the monitor.

After doing so, he checked the warranty and confirmed that I would be receiving another monitor and to wait for Lenovo to contact me.  I have screenshots of Lenovo’s website where the product is registered showing me the warranty.  Luuk told me to wait and I didn’t hear off him for a few days.  Upon calling back three days later, one of his colleagues left him a note asking to him to call me back the next day.  No call.

So yesterday (around 5 days later) I spoke to another woman and she told me that she has confirmed I’ll be getting another monitor and that they upper management will contact me in an hour.  No phone call an hour later so I called back after my uni lecture two hours later and I had a customer service rep try to lie and get out of the warranty and once I showed him the Lenovo website where the product is registered that has the 3 year warranty he hung up. 

I call back later after being on hold for 40 minutes, and a new customer rep is trying to lie to me about they same thing.  Lenovo requested you take it back to curry’s and quote consumer law but I’d rather ask Lenovo to honour a warranty they should be honouring.  

Now I need to raise some publicity about this.  Lenovo can’t do this to their customers. 

TlDr: I bought a monitor that broke down.  It is registered on the Lenovo website.  It has a warranty period of 3 years.  It is still under warranty.  Lenovo customer service have been dodging me and lying to me. I have all proof.  I want another monitor.  

FCC5A49F-1899-4394-B9F6-55F1358A438A.png

You say you got it a year ago but the screenshots show you got it in 2016.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Sounds like your issue is with Lenovo. Not really sure what you expect us to do here.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

20 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

The screenshot also says the warranty has 3 days remaining. Perhaps they got the monitor used?

They're probably just stalling so the warranty expires instead of having to do anything.

Honestly, this doesn't surprise me. I haven't had a good interaction with Lenovo's support in the past. Last time I had to contact them they tried to charge me $80 for the recovery media for my laptop, and claimed it was impossible for me to download it from them. (Even though I had downloaded it from them months before but lost the files, and their shitty system only lets you download it once per serial number).

After the additional quality issues with my Yoga 710-15IKB (Biggest issue so far is the hinge disconnected from the LCD's back panel because they used glue to hold it on instead of an actual fastener... Not even super glue can fix it), I don't think I'll be considering or recommending Lenovo in the future.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

24 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

The screenshot also says the warranty has 3 days remaining. Perhaps they got the monitor used?

They're probably just stalling so the warranty expires instead of having to do anything.

Honestly, this doesn't surprise me. I haven't had a good interaction with Lenovo's support in the past. Last time I had to contact them they tried to charge me $80 for the recovery media for my laptop, and claimed it was impossible for me to download it from them. (Even though I had downloaded it from them months before but lost the files, and their shitty system only lets you download it once per serial number).

After the additional quality issues with my Yoga 710-15IKB (Biggest issue so far is the hinge disconnected from the LCD's back panel because they used glue to hold it on instead of an actual fastener... Not even super glue can fix it), I don't think I'll be considering or recommending Lenovo in the future.

That sucks, every manufacturer seemingly charges for recovery media now. Back in the XP days it used to just be a free download among their drivers and stuff or included with the system.

As far as OP goes, if it was purchased second hand, the issue probably resides in them not having proof of purchase. I don't know, sounds like we're not getting the full story.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

10 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

That sucks, every manufacturer seemingly charges for recovery media now. Back in the XP days it used to just be a free download among their drivers and stuff or included with the system.

As far as OP goes, if it was purchased second hand, the issue probably resides in them not having proof of purchase. I don't know, sounds like we're not getting the full story.

Last I checked, Dell still provides it out in the open for anyone to download. No serial number or anything needed. Haven't looked at any others.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

This sounds like issue with local offices. I've had only good experience with Lenovo support. You should contact consumer advisory board (etc) as they have greater legal power than you as single consumer.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Vitamanic said:

The item was bought last year in August 2018 but when I went to register the product on the Lenovo website, the warranty period started in 2016.  I didn’t care at the time when I bought it. I just knew it was registered and it had warranty.  That’s all I cared about. If you want I can screenshot my invoice from Curry’s. 

I would either contact Curry's (as is kind of standard in Europe to contact the store before the manufacturer). Or just contact Lenovo again and ask them to re-iterate the warranty period (plus date of purchase).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Teddy07 said:

Just hire a lawyer when the law is on your side and support wont help

cost of lawyer vs the stuff you wanted to protect

similar exp with lenovo, fake international warranty

remember every thing in chiNazi is fake

If it's still under the 1 year, like someone else said, you're supposed to take them to the retailer for exchange under normal circumstances.