You should buy the Facebook camera…

James

Buy Facebook Portal:
On Amazon: https://geni.us/uKBBN7
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVWv

Buy Facebook Portal Mini:
On Amazon: https://geni.us/tYnYq
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVWd

Facebook is back with more Portal devices- including the new Mini (though we have to wait a bit longer to get the Portal TV). But does a company with so many privacy scandals deserve ANY real estate in your living room?

*Me after the video*

Um.. Did I miss the introduction to this device...? So it's a heavily cut down Android tablet for Skype (but by Facebook)?

So is it like.. A Google home/ALEXA thingy too?

I don't make it a secret I heavily dislike and will never use smart home stuff, but this thing just takes the cake in terms of 'useless tech item'.

Thankfully you at least addressed the '''''inviting title''''' in the video this time.

The title does remind me of the RTX "Just buy it" review though.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You showed me the quality difference between webcam vs red camera. thanks.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I will NEVER put anything Facebook related near me ever again. I've removed the app from my tablet (my only smart device) and only use it through the web browser anymore (which is rare in the first place, it's only to keep in contact with family).

Facebook, amoung other shitass companies, absolutely listen to you through your devices mic. I was talking about clothing with someone, something I never look at online, and low and befuckinghold! There's now ads for the very clothes we talked about! Facebook, you can fuck right off to the boiler room of hell.

11 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I was talking about clothing with someone, something I never look at online, and low and befuckinghold! There's now ads for the very clothes we talked about! Facebook, you can fuck right off to the boiler room of hell.

Wow, looking at technological aspects that's really impressive. If it really gone that far, i'm trully amazed.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Spoiler: The beginning of the video was filmed with water cooled RED. Then they changed to front iPhone camera.

Does it comes with RGB?

3 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Wow, looking at technological aspects that's really impressive. If it really gone that far, i'm trully amazed.

There's other documented cases of the same thing happening. I wouldn't doubt that they do it on their devices, like in the video, for targeted ads.

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

There's other documented cases of the same thing happening. I wouldn't doubt that they do it on their devices, like in the video, for targeted ads.

So if i put a nike airmax in front of it, the ads will soon came from adidas. That's awesome.

Wondering how many compute powers they need to get that processed.

Even if whatever Linus said about privacy is true, I will never buy a device that has anything to do with Facebook.

I didn't really trust them at any point in the past BUT what is a fact is that they didn't take privacy serious in the past, were the source for information leaks multiple times and to top it all off they didn't tell the world when they should have. They ignored it and hoped that nobody would find out and when they did get caught eventually they just went "oops, sorry, my bad" and moved on.

They violated the trust of many users multiple times in the past and that for me is enough to never trust them ever again in the future.

Honestly the fact LMG went even as far as to title a video of a product that comes from facebook that "you should buy it" really dissappoints me.

We know better and LMG should know better as well, but apparently they don't...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I just don't see how facebook claiming it doesn't collect data from these devices and that it honors privacy has any grounds to hold onto. Putting the fox into the chicken coup quite literally.

Come on guys you have to hack Jibo to run Alexa or Siri or even that Facebook gizmo. It would be awesome!!! :D

Facebook saying it doesn't collect your data or use it for advertising purposes is like nvidia saying they don't make GPUs

You should buy the Facebook camera…

You MIGHT actually BUY the Facebook Portal…

Image result for no i dont think i will

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒