LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

23 minutes ago, Spotty said:

You know that thread is a year old, right?

But here is the thread I meant to link 

https://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/folding-home-pcgh-team-70335-/548083-folding-home-2019-corsair-faltwoche-ab-21-september-mit-tollen-preisen.html

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Anandtech Radeon rx 5700 review

"In short, OpenCL doesn't have any good champions right now. Creator Apple is now well entrenched in its own proprietary Metal ecosystem, NVIDIA favors CUDA for obvious reasons, and even AMD's GPU compute efforts are more focused on the Linux-exclusive ROCm platform, since this is what drives their Radeon Instinct sales."

Let's hope that the status of OpenCL improves on all platforms but it sounds like there is no effort from manufactures side.

4 minutes ago, Rusted said:

Anandtech Radeon rx 5700 review

"In short, OpenCL doesn't have any good champions right now. Creator Apple is now well entrenched in its own proprietary Metal ecosystem, NVIDIA favors CUDA for obvious reasons, and even AMD's GPU compute efforts are more focused on the Linux-exclusive ROCm platform, since this is what drives their Radeon Instinct sales."

Let's hope that the status of OpenCL improves on all platforms but it sounds like there is no effort from manufactures side.

Maybe it's time F@H looks beyond OpenCL...

As much as I hate the idea of embracing closed standards such as CUDA, the situation isnt currently very good for the open side either, or maybe its time to move ROCm over to windows, if it is at all possible that is. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Maybe it's time F@H looks beyond OpenCL...

As much as I hate the idea of embracing closed standards such as CUDA, the situation isnt currently very good for the open side either, or maybe its time to move ROCm over to windows, if it is at all possible that is. 

If there is too much work to support multiple standards, then it will divide us the supporters to one project based on our hardware.

We will see, the problem is the time in between standards and support. New standards aren't supported by programs and old standards don't have support from manufacturers.

On 8/30/2019 at 11:11 AM, GOTSpectrum said:

GUYS!

Due to the explosion of sign ups we are wondering if anyone would like to help with manually verifying the data once it has been inputted. You will need to be available around 00:00 British time each day. 

Also please read the OP to get updated info on prizes from LMG and READ THE PASSKEY INFORMATION!

If there is a guideline on how to check it, I would like to help. The time absolutely works for me. That will be around 4.00pm here.

My body is ready again. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

20 minutes ago, dean_21 said:

If there is a guideline on how to check it, I would like to help. The time absolutely works for me. That will be around 4.00pm here.

I'll add you to the message thread! 

Thanks for the offer, the process is simple and we will go over it closer to the time

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

On 8/30/2019 at 8:11 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

GUYS!

Due to the explosion of sign ups we are wondering if anyone would like to help with manually verifying the data once it has been inputted. You will need to be available around 00:00 British time each day. 

Also please read the OP to get updated info on prizes from LMG and READ THE PASSKEY INFORMATION!

I would most likely be able to help. Not 100% sure if I would be available at that time every day, but I'm 98% sure. 

The time of day is fine for me to help out, and I'd be happy to.  Other life events scheduled to come kicking and screaming into existence around then may change my available time though.  Feel free to add me or not. :)

20 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

We have 1,271 sign ups for the event, with 772 active folders for team LTT producing 112,651,981 points over the last 24 hours. 

Is there a way to see if I'm signed up? I already signed up via the google form and am in the LTT team but, seeing a list will sure help. ty!

I tried to fold my GPU and it broke in half.

What did I do wrong? Can this be fixed?

11 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

What Method did you use...

crease, pleat, bend, hem, gather, knot, hinge, corrugate, drape, twist, furl, crumple, collapse, wrinkle, facet, curve???

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Archaic86 said:

Is there a way to see if I'm signed up? I already signed up via the google form and am in the LTT team but, seeing a list will sure help. ty!

Message me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, Den-Fi said:

As long as the warranty void stickers are fine just RMA it

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Heres a noob question..

Whats the difference in Rank Team & Rank Project?

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

16 minutes ago, shaz2sxy said:

Heres a noob question..

Whats the difference in Rank Team & Rank Project?

Team rank is your rank in LTT team.

Project Rank is you ranking among all folders regardless what team you are part of. 

1 minute ago, Rusted said:

Team rank is your rank in LTT team.

Project Rank is you ranking among all folders regardless what team you are part of. 

lol that makes soo much sense lol

Can't believe I didn't work that out doh!

oooo

so i'm 860 in LTT and 19,781 overall according to the Extreme Overclockign site

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

So today,

We have 1,280 sign ups, with 765 active folders for team LTT producing 117,866,505 points over the last 24 hours.

Keep up the effort guys, you are amazing!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

GUYS!

Can we all take a few minutes to fill in the poll I have posted linked here 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

30 minutes ago, Demigod121 said:

I'm in (Well, been in but just now posting this :) )

image.png.f125b4b83642dcaea37f83ad244b068f.png

Welcome aboard, if you have a min can you fill out the poll I have linked in the green pinned post please.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

On 8/25/2019 at 6:34 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

Have to say guys, I'm not liking this heatwave we have at all...

35C we have had today, which for you guys in hotter countries may not see mall that hot, you have to remember AC isnt really a thing here ,and our houses are built to keep heat in, not out. 

On 8/25/2019 at 6:43 PM, Gorgon said:

35C is nasty but I’m sure it’s not related to Climate Change ?

I'm sure that the cause of the heatwave is ITNOS Power ? ? from all the folders of Team LTT and not the climate change... ?

Folding has been running great for a few weeks now.  SSH'd in today to check on things and noticed that although the FAHClient service was running, no folding was actually taking place.  I noticed in the log it just says "Interrupted" and "Examination of work files indicates 8 consecutive improper terminations of core."  The "Interrupted" code 66 supposedly means it's a user initiated interrupt, but I haven't done anything.  The service is still running, it just sits there and doesn't do anything though.  I've also tried restarting the service, to no avail.  Suggestions?  I'm considering just renaming/deleting the "work" directory and letting it re-download another project to see if maybe it's just something specific to whatever project I got handed.

image.png.3478b0bfc1d2a7bdb5e081f27fdc83eb.png

1 minute ago, Gerowen said:

Folding has been running great for a few weeks now.  SSH'd in today to check on things and noticed that although the FAHClient service was running, no folding was actually taking place.  I noticed in the log it just says "Interrupted" and "Examination of work files indicates 8 consecutive improper terminations of core."  The "Interrupted" code 66 supposedly means it's a user initiated interrupt, but I haven't done anything.  The service is still running, it just sits there and doesn't do anything though.  I've also tried restarting the service, to no avail.  Suggestions?  I'm considering just renaming/deleting the "work" directory and letting it re-download another project to see if maybe it's just something specific to whatever project I got handed.

image.png.3478b0bfc1d2a7bdb5e081f27fdc83eb.png

Can you just delete the folding slot and remake it? 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240