Value Noise Cancelling Headphones? – Sound Surge 46 Showcase

Thanks to TaoTronics for sponsoring this video! TaoTronics reached out to us to showcase their Sound Surge 46 Active Noise-canceling wireless headphones which – unlike Beats, Sony, and Bose – don’t cost hundreds of dollars!

Use code LINUS046 and get 25% off Sound Surge 46 at https://geni.us/VmlMp1l 
Use code LINUS060 and get 40% off Sound Surge 60 at https://geni.us/0Z0duf
Use code LINUS053 and get 25% off for True Wireless Headphones Sound Liberty 53 at https://geni.us/YNXOU

Buy Sound Surge 46 on Amazon Canada: https://lmg.gg/8KV5D
Buy Sound Surge 60 on Amazon Canada: https://lmg.gg/8KV5v
Buy Sound Liberty 53 on Amazon Canada: https://lmg.gg/8KV5d

The title of this post automatically makes me think they will be sub-par quality. The fact these are sponsored confirms that without watching the video... I might get around to watching it though. (Love me some audio gear)

EDIT: Seems they changed the title, this is a lot better. ?

While I'm no "true audiophile" compared to others, I've still invested a fairly decent sum of money into my audio equipment at home and in my previous vehicles. I have to say that there's a point to having value items, one of those being the <$10.00USD Panasonic Earbuds I purchased nearly 5 years ago. They still hold up and at the time I believe they were only 4-6dollars ish. That's value!

This video feels like just a straight up ad, no comparisons with other product, no downsides discussed, none of their claims tested, clickbait title, id personally never heard of the brand or these headphone before in my life and the same for most the people commenting on youtube so to imply that 'EVERYONE' is buying them is pretty misleading. (Edit: thanks for the title change, goes a little way to repairing this) 

I know youre a business and sponsorships like this are what keeps you going and keeps all your other videos free for broke chumps like me, but I feel like id rather watch a well put together ad instead of an ad masquerading as a review. 

Given that my much more expensive and much more premium Sony WH-1000XM2's struggle with pitch modulation when attempting to filter out high frequency tones with ANC on I'm pressing a fat X to doubt that these would do any better.

Good video for a sponsor spot, but this is the most blatant ad on your cha- BROUGHT TO YOU BY TUNNEL BEAR! 

Spoiler

I pick on the tunnel bear spot because unlike other sponsor spots because its quite obvious, or at the minimum certainly seemed, that you gave exactly 0 effs about the product. Even other VPN spots like PIA sounded more inspired.

Sorry about that. Ads keep LMG going but I don't like it when companies do straight up ad spots like this rather than a sponsored review like LMG often does, which lends me to believe if these were put under the knife they wouldn't have fared well.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

I'd rather have videos every other day than this useless 4 minute long ad.

This felt short and forced. Poor Linus. 

I love audio gear, so when i see a new video of some on the channel I get exited. Especially becasue I know Linus likes good high end audio stuff. This looks like cheap crap with all the actual negative points removed from the ad. If you are going to make a video please at least do something with it other than a rope and pony show for something we can tell you do not care about.

All this and the discount codes wouldn't activate  Linus got proper swindled by the chinese company RIPScreenshot_20190713-052647.thumb.jpg.68f95e5dfa7af75ad219c219f33a53ab.jpg

Well, this video SUCKED. I was expecting at least SOME information on how they perform, but no -- a literal ad with zero actual useful content. Zero

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I had the same experience of the codes not working.  Is it a US only offer?

Also check your links, two of the Canadian links did not work (Amazon dog fail to fetch messages)

1 hour ago, Jakasaurus said:

All this and the discount codes wouldn't activate  Linus got proper swindled by the chinese company RIPScreenshot_20190713-052647.thumb.jpg.68f95e5dfa7af75ad219c219f33a53ab.jpg

Edited by Brad Man

So I guess I am the first person here to admit buying one of these. I ordered the surge 60. I have a road trip coming up in a month. At 40 dollars (20 bucks off with the linus promo code and 10 dollars off via a coupon on the amazon listing) I'm willing to try them. I don't really expect more then something I can listen to podcasts on with some half assed active noise cancellation. At that price I won't feel screwed even if they just end up being used as wireless over the ear head phones with no noise cancellation. 

In the beginning of this video where you said "unlike the headphones we looked at in our last roundup" made me think this was another roundup :(

4 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Well, this video SUCKED. I was expecting at least SOME information on how they perform, but no -- a literal ad with zero actual useful content. Zero

Having actually no video would be better than misleading bold marketing claims so this goes below zero. 

9 hours ago, CPotter said:

While I understand this wasn't intended to be a review, LTT didn't even discuss whether the sound quality was any good, so how are we supposed to have any idea what kind of music they're good for? And do the battery life claims hold up or are they tested by the manufacturer under unrealistic conditions, such as playing white noise at low volume? And lastly, far too many BT products simply don't connect (or stay connected) very well, so how well does their Bluetooth hold up? Hopefully LTT can do another headphone review video in the future with these & other competitors.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

13 hours ago, Jimmeyyyyy said:

This video feels like just a straight up ad, no comparisons with other product, no downsides discussed, none of their claims tested, clickbait title, id personally never heard of the brand or these headphone before in my life and the same for most the people commenting on youtube so to imply that 'EVERYONE' is buying them is pretty misleading. (Edit: thanks for the title change, goes a little way to repairing this) 

I know youre a business and sponsorships like this are what keeps you going and keeps all your other videos free for broke chumps like me, but I feel like id rather watch a well put together ad instead of an ad masquerading as a review. 

It never pretended to be a review. Linus LITERALLY SAYS "SHOWCASE" in the first 5 seconds of the video.

13 hours ago, hiitswilliam said:

I'd rather have videos every other day than this useless 4 minute long ad.

It's a video... outside of their regular scheduled uploads. They already do 7 uploads a day (6 + WAN show).

I would love an actual comparison video of more affordable ANC headphones.

13 hours ago, Miracle Nachos said:

Every single time you do one of these "Sponsored Showcases" the response is always, justifiably, overwhelmingly negative.

But you keep doing them, so I guess they found your price.

Ya they found his price.  And you did too.  You get to watch all the videos he makes on all his channels for what you pay him...zero.  So ya, dude is gonna put out an ad spot now and then, and get sponsors for his videos.  Unless you plan to start paying to feed his staff and his family.  

His channels put out a good bit of info and entertainment in the tech news world.  It is available to everyone for free.

Man the internet is the worst.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

The video is fine for what it is - I just wish they prefix their titles with something more obvious like [Sponsored] or [Ad] rather than something that's less clear and ambiguous like 'Showcase' which means different things to different people.

When it comes to paid/sponsored content, clarity is paramount. Wear the arrangements on your sleeve