Oculus Rift DK1, 1080p, Crystal Cove Thread

Slick

I hope you guys enjoy the video! I have a ton of left over information which I personally find very interesting but didn't quite fit into the video so i plan on doing a long form writeup of the current stance of VR in general in the next while... As long as time permits me to do so!

Thanks a lot guys! Can't wait to see the discussion! :D

O....M....GUD

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

O....M....GUD

I shoulda have just said that as my outro... lol

Can't wait to see it when i get home!

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

also slick what games did you play while testing it out?

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Great Vid, been following Oculus since the Kickstarter and am incredibly excited for the consumer launch whenever that ends up being.

EDIT

Oh, posted this video over in /r/oculus, whilst doesn't have anything new its a great overview of the tech and its improvements as a whole.

Also, if you are a oculus fan /r/oculus is a great subreddit for it. Palmer and a fair few of the other Oculus members post it there too which is nice :)

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

I told my mom and she was like "Wut"?

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Great Vid, been following Oculus since the Kickstarter and am incredibly excited for the consumer launch whenever that ends up being.

EDIT

Oh, posted this video over in /r/oculus, whilst doesn't have anything new its a great overview of the tech and its improvements as a whole.

Also, if you are a oculus fan /r/oculus is a great subreddit for it. Palmer and a fair few of the other Oculus members post it there too which is nice :)

AGREED :D

SOOOO EXCITED ! :ph34r:

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Hell yeah.. I am very tempted to go and buy the develp kit, but... I am a little bit broke and just got myself a 1440p monitor... Herp derp. I will just wait till they release it. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

I have tried the dev kit and it was awesome and all this news of a 1080p version just sounds amazing, I want them to make a consumer version ASAP but in saying that I would rather have them take their time and create a nice finished product than a half-assed attempt.

My First PC Build Thread >> RIGHT HERE <<

SPECS! CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | CASE: CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer PSU: Corsair CX-750 Modular 80+ Bronze | SSD: Plextor PX-128M5S 128GB HDD3 x Seagate SV35 Series 2TB HDD | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown| Mouse: Logitech G600 | Cooling: 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro 200mm Green LED Fan, 1x BitFenix Spectre Pro 120mm Green LED Fan

If a dk2 comes out like crystal cove, I'll probably splurge and buy it. I'm an impatient gamer.

So is the crystal cove oculus sorta doing the same thing imax does with there 3d?

but imax has electronic shutter's and oculus is just turning the screen on and off? ... wouldnt that wear out the screen quicker

Its all about those volumetric clouds

If a dk2 comes out like crystal cove, I'll probably splurge and buy it. I'm an impatient gamer.

same here ill probably wont wait

but i heard palmer luckey say that DK2 will be very close to the release of the consumer version

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

same here ill probably wont wait

but i heard palmer luckey say that DK2 will be very close to the release of the consumer version

Will probably be within a few months.

DK2 will most likely be fully featured but lack the polish of the dev kit.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

I rift on the daily ~ but the lack of excitement amongst my friends and family is really depressing...   I'm looking forward to next year, when I can strap the consumer version on their silly faces and fire up some games developed specifically for VR and watch with glee as their minds get blown wide open, vindicating my non-stop yammering about "the future".

Then I'll clean up the mess and virtually LIVE in VR for the rest of my days.

tick, tock...

~ Beside You In Time ~

What I want to know is: will Rift work with G-Sync or Freesync?

Also, Slick looked a bit tall for that omnitrack, heh.

Praise the Lamp!

What I want to know is: will Rift work with G-Sync or Freesync?

Also, Slick looked a bit tall for that omnitrack, heh.

G-Sync at the very least probably won't be in the first Rift model.

Could change and that was from Oct, but I'd not expect it on the first model.

Can't wait to try one!

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Wow, thanks for the mention of Blur Busters!  (I've now posted this video on Blur Busters)

I have not mentioned this publicly until now: Palmer Luckey gained exclusive access to a pre-beta version of TestUFO motion tests more than 1 year ago, long before it launched! This was long before Oculus snagged John Carmack as CEO.  I'm one of the parties that convinced Oculus to eventually go down the "low-persistence" path during December 2012 / January 2013 conversations.

Mark Rejhon (aka Chief Blur Buster)