Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BiG StroOnZ

Over a 150 Riot Games Employees Stage Walkout Over Forced Arbitration & Sexist Culture

33 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I'm sorry, you brought up both your skin color and your physique. Tell me again how I'm interpreting your post the wrong way?

Because those are facts that are relevant to my day to day dealings of Social Justice. 

Does the fact that Im a White Male hurt you or something?  Does the fact that Im a well built bad ass of a Viking White Male further that pain because that's mixed in with just a little of my own opinionated flavor.  The rest are on my Birth Certificate.

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 2133mhz Patriot Viper, Corsair HX850 PSU, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm AIO push top exhaust, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case

Ryzen Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, 640gb WD Blue 7200 RPM Mech drive, Rosewill Nautilus 1.0 Case

Media Center:  See Project: Dwight in the builds section of the forum

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, M.2 Intel Wifi/Bluetooth

A couple laptops and tablets around the house

2 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Does the fact that Im a White Male hurt you or something?

No, did I claim otherwise?

2 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Does the fact that Im a well built bad ass of a Viking White Male further that pain

Uhhhh no, I couldn't care less. I'm gonna be frank with you, this is getting a little weird.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux F.A.Q Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

44 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Ben Shapiro exclusively deals in feelings during his speeches. Facts, logic and the scientific consensus are firmly against most of his views. I never heard a single member of his fanbase question him or demand proof of his claims, yet they will demand it from any opposing figure at every step and then proceed to close their ears and shout when said evidence is provided.

It was a quote that I've read and found very true looking at what's happening in different parts of the world today. I'm not a fan of his in any way, I agree with some of what he says and disagree with some other things.

If someone claimed they were robbed would you be so insistent on asking for hard proof before listening to anything they say or would you give them a chance to make their case in due time?

I would follow the procedure that's written into the law, obviously.

There are multiple reports of forced arbitration and sexist behavior at riot, including an in-depth report from Kotaku as mentioned in the OP, you're automatically dismissing them as lies because...? Even riot themselves admit there is a problem, though they don't seem very committed to solving it. Seems to me like you're letting your feelings speak here...

No, I'm not dismissing them in any way, I just don't think people should blindly believe every report they hear in the media. I'm all for punishing those breaking the law, but if we believe all of the people that throw such accusations publicly, it could potentially be exploited quite easily at the expense of destroying people's careers. Two examples of that were mentioned in this thread.

49 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Not to mention a workplace can be toxic without being illegal (at least in a way that can be easily proven), that doesn't mean workers don't have a right to protest against their working conditions.

Of course it can be toxic, but when it's toxic you change the company you work at. At least that's what I would do. Those things happen, obviously, but they're episodic and not systemic, so chances of switching to another toxic company aren't very high in my opinion.

I won't be discussing any of this further though because this forum isn't the place for that in my view ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4,7GHz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 11GB GDDR5X Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 TG White PSU: Corsair TX650M Gray Unit
Displays: AORUS AD27QD, DELL UltraSharp U2711 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, ADATA SP550 240GB M.2, Kingston UV400 240GB, WD Red 2TB & 1TB
Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X 4GB RAM: 16GB Storage: 240GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD Display: 15.6" IPS

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

There's already a crime for that, it's libel or defamation - assuming it is done intentionally as is likely in the case of AH. If you think defamation is a crime on the same level as rape or home abuse you need help. Victims of abuse have enough problems without having to worry that their requests for help or justice may lead to their own incarceration if insufficient proof is found. Just imagine being in that situation, then think back on what you just proposed.

It is not about being on the same level, it's about intention. If you think that if someone is ready to lie and make you, me, or someone else go to jail for 20 years for instance, just because they can, they need to know there are consequences. If someone is a completes pos and is ready to destroy someones family, their whole life, they should be punished accordingly. By quick looking at defamation max sentences they are usually 2-3 years, and what are we getting? More and more fake allegations every single day. If you think that intention of destroying someones whole life and often everything they have doesn't deserve that you might wanna get that help yourself. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

12 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Of course it can be toxic, but when it's toxic you change the company you work at. At least that's what I would do.

Most people don't have the option to leave their job just because they want to, let alone instantly find one that treats them better.

Those things happen, obviously, but they're episodic and not systemic, so chances of switching to another toxic company aren't very high in my opinion.

You're assuming they can switch to another company, and as for whether they are systemic or episodic there are a lot of people who would disagree with you - with riot specifically there's significant evidence that it is systemic.

I won't be discussing any of this further though because this forum isn't the place for that in my view ;)

That's fine with me, but you initiated the discussion :P

7 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

It is not about being on the same level, it's about intention. If you think that if someone is ready to lie and make you, me, or someone else go to jail for 20 years for instance, just because they can, they need to know there are consequences.

Face consequences? Of course. Be prosecuted for rape or domestic abuse? No.

7 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

By quick looking at defamation max sentences they are usually 2-3 years, and what are we getting? More and more fake allegations every single day.

Just because you hear about a few false allegations on the media doesn't mean it's a widespread phenomenon or that most of these allegations are false, far from it. Most home abuse and rape victims never press charges because they're afraid, can't afford the legal fees, are ashamed or think they won't be believed - guess which of these you're not helping them overcome by being so quick to assume these allegations are not only unfounded but deserving of prosecution?

-edit-

Also 2-3 years of jail is not a light sentence, it's not something you can just brush away.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux F.A.Q Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

14 minutes ago, Sauron said:

No, did I claim otherwise?

Uhhhh no, I couldn't care less. I'm gonna be frank with you, this is getting a little weird.

Im trying to understand how my words created a reaction out of you.  Typically reactions happen because of a causation.  Just ensuring that statement wasn't causing you pain.  If it did I could further understand what kind of person you are.

It seems to me that you took time to make a post about incarceration of White Males using my reply.  Tells me a lot actually that your head went straight there and what lines you draw, rather than reading to understand or continue a discussion.

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 2133mhz Patriot Viper, Corsair HX850 PSU, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm AIO push top exhaust, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case

Ryzen Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, 640gb WD Blue 7200 RPM Mech drive, Rosewill Nautilus 1.0 Case

Media Center:  See Project: Dwight in the builds section of the forum

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, M.2 Intel Wifi/Bluetooth

A couple laptops and tablets around the house

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Face consequences? Of course. Be prosecuted for rape or domestic abuse? No.

Max sentence I saw that I can remember was a woman getting 10 years in jail after falsely accusing 15 men. Some justice right there for (potentially) ruining 15 lives. Each one of them would've probably got way more that that. 

Just because you hear about a few false allegations on the media doesn't mean it's a widespread phenomenon or that most of these allegations are false, far from it. 

Believe it or not I am talking about actually the ones that are found as false, and there are many more than you think.

Most home abuse and rape victims never press charges because they're afraid, can't afford the legal fees, are ashamed or think they won't be believed - guess which of these you're not helping them overcome by being so quick to assume these allegations are not only unfounded but deserving of prosecution?

What are you talking about? Whoever said they should be quickly assumed as false? Every allegation not needs, but has to be checked. Guess which side you are helping?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

5 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Most home abuse and rape victims never press charges because they're afraid, can't afford the legal fees, are ashamed or think they won't be believed - guess which of these you're not helping them overcome by being so quick to assume these allegations are not only unfounded but deserving of prosecution?

What's the alternative then? Believing all supposed victims only to find out 10 years later that they were lying and that a poor dude's life was ruined for no reason? Everyone should be innocent till proven guilty, and by proven I mean indisputable evidence, not "I swear I'm not lying guys".

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 840 Series 128GB | 1 x Seagate 1TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

GTX 1060 vs RX 480 (old)

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

What's the alternative then? Believing all supposed victims only to find out 10 years later that they were lying and that a poor dude's life was ruined for no reason? Everyone should be innocent till proven guilty, and by proven I mean indisputable evidence, not "I swear I'm not lying guys".

That's hate speech, you racist!

Am I SJWing correctly?

Seagull eat fish. But fish belong to Mafia. Mafia punch seagull for not respecting Mafia. Seagull say "No, please! I have child!"

Mafia punch seagull with child.

Pyo.

18 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

What's the alternative then? Believing all supposed victims only to find out 10 years later that they were lying and that a poor dude's life was ruined for no reason?

No, the solution is to 1) listen to the victim, 2) collect the required evidence, 3) determine if the accused is guilty. It's quite simple really. I agree that witch hunts based purely on allegations are harmful and unfair but that's not the victim's fault (unless there was specific intention, which sounds like something that should also be proven in court) and here it seems like the opposite reaction is ensuing. In this thread half of the comments are along the lines of  "but women can be bad too", "these people are just playing the victim card", "it's a plot by marxists to kill men".

19 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Everyone should be innocent till proven guilty, and by proven I mean indisputable evidence, not "I swear I'm not lying guys".

Of course, but here it seems like we're assuming guilt on the part of the victim. Yes, of course prosecution requires proof and slander should be punished; nobody is arguing otherwise. It's just a weird point to bring up, unprompted, when you read a headline about a group of workers who protest against their working conditions... context is key.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

48 minutes ago, Sauron said:

No, the solution is to 1) listen to the victim, 2) collect the required evidence, 3) determine if the accused is guilty. It's quite simple really. 

So basically what @Bouzoo said.

I agree that witch hunts based purely on allegations are harmful and unfair but that's not the victim's fault (unless there was specific intention, which sounds like something that should also be proven in court)

The thing is these witch hunts happen pretty much every time an allegation is made. People jump to conclusions way too quick, so saying that we should not believe every allegation until it's proven makes sense and isn't "victim blaming".

and here it seems like the opposite reaction is ensuing.

Which is a good thing, people are skeptical and want actual proof before jumping to conclusions.

In this thread half of the comments are along the lines of  "but women can be bad too", "these people are just playing the victim card", "it's a plot by marxists to kill men".

Most of the comments are basically

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

which makes sense, because all the proof we have to work with is a biased article.

Of course, but here it seems like we're assuming guilt on the part of the victim.

No, we are just not sure if they even are the victim. Being skeptical isn't a bad thing. 

Yes, of course prosecution requires proof and slander should be punished; nobody is arguing otherwise.

Yes, but an allegation is usually enough to completely ruin someone's reputation/career, even if they are proven innocent the damage is usually already done.

EDIT: Plenty of people are arguing otherwise btw (metoo, believe all women etc)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 840 Series 128GB | 1 x Seagate 1TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

GTX 1060 vs RX 480 (old)

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Most people don't have the option to leave their job just because they want to, let alone instantly find one that treats them better.

While this is often true, I do believe that this issue is overstated (particularly with respect to the type of people who go on tech forums who are usually smarter than average and who have a greater level of technical sophistication) - most people have more options than they believe they do, at least with a sufficiently long time horizon and some savvy (which can be acquired online, with respect to interview preparation and skill development). Full disclosure, I might be biased. I'm brighter than most and have ascended from a lowly position to a fairly desirable one (masters degree from elite university, strong 6 figure income from a very desirable employer on a team of people that I enjoy being around) over the last decade.

I personally stayed at a mediocre job (<$10 an hour pay in high CoL area, skill acquisition leveled off, etc.) for far too long. That was a failing on my part. I did have options and looking back and I underutilized them. 

For what it's worth, even after undergrad, I had been underpaid, relative to my skill set and competencies, for years and my girlfriend told me I could do better... (my plan to get a Harvard MBA failed which originally involved me staying at one company, but I got where I wanted without the MBA) since then I have. My SO was in a toxic environment and I told her for years to jump... since then she has and she's amazed by how much better she's treated. 

People have self doubts that are often needlessly placed. I am a victim of this and I am trying to be more aware. 

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

No, the solution is to 1) listen to the victim, 2) collect the required evidence, 3) determine if the accused is guilty. It's quite simple really. I agree that witch hunts based purely on allegations are harmful and unfair but that's not the victim's fault (unless there was specific intention, which sounds like something that should also be proven in court) and here it seems like the opposite reaction is ensuing.

It is possible to support those who claim to be victims - offer therapy, comfort them, etc. while simultaneously creating a culture where an emphasis on anger, hate, revenge, etc. is diminished. If an ethos of "do no harm" is maintained, common sense solutions can be implemented (separate people, ensure that all parties know what reasonable standards of behavior are, etc.) where there aren't any losers. 

For what it's worth I've seen two people, both with hard evidence of their cases (videos and emails), who were affected by harassers as well as false accusations. The person harassed went through a huge range of emotions and she began getting paranoid but got over it in a few months, got a healthy severance package and jumped off to a job with a huge pay bump - but her harasser received no punishment other than having the fear of God put in him. The person falsely accused likened it to being diagnosed with cancer but being told by his lawyer that he could never talk about it. He was in therapy for around 2 years and still isn't 100% better and his accuser never suffered one bit - I still don't know what happened, just that he's indignant, a dash self-righteous. 

I'm against all forms of forced arbitration. Issues need to be investigated by the proper authorities and having the company choose who arbitrates is poor practice that only leads to biased arbitration. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

On 5/10/2019 at 5:16 PM, PCGuy_5960 said:

Real life isn't a procedural TV show. There is very rarely "indisputable evidence". This is even more true in cases of sexual abuse and assault. There is a reason a lot of rape and sexual assault cases are never prosecuted and that's because there is no "indisputable evidence" and even if the police and prosecutors believe the victim there is no way they can win a case unless the perpetrator is willing to confess. Even when cases do go the trial the result is often based more on the statements made on the stand and who the jury believes (or wants to believe).

The "until proven guilty" camp seems to forget that, in this and other cases, there's a pattern of behavior.  This isn't one woman accusing Riot of doing something wrong; it's something that women in general have had to deal with.  You don't need a formal trial to make a reasonable determination that the company has a sexism problem.

This doesn't mean you should leap to conclusions, but... c'mon, folks, use your head.

On 5/7/2019 at 6:04 AM, AluminiumTech said:

Then again the CEO doesn't give me good vibes and strikes me as possibly immature.

image.png.eac7b08d3f49d332e9bacee7c6c20929.png

Lol, that's awesome.

Seems like a good time for a fairly sizeable layoff too. Whether the allegations are true or not, it's easier to just make the people go away.

Reminds me of Lilyhammer on Netflix when a woman asks for a union so Van Zandt just says "I'm glad you asked, you're fired. Anyone else want a union?"

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Lol, that's awesome.

Seems like a good time for a fairly sizeable layoff too. Whether the allegations are true or not, it's easier to just make the people go away.

Reminds me of Lilyhammer on Netflix when a woman asks for a union so Van Zandt just says "I'm glad you asked, you're fired. Anyone else want a union?"

Riot has publicly stated that they support people participating in the walkout. Also, firing people for walking out would not only be an unimaginably huge PR disaster, but it might also open them up to several "wrongful termination" lawsuits (depending on worker's rights laws in Cali).

21 hours ago, Derangel said:

Riot has publicly stated that they support people participating in the walkout. Also, firing people for walking out would not only be an unimaginably huge PR disaster, but it might also open them up to several "wrongful termination" lawsuits (depending on worker's rights laws in Cali).

Eh, it worked for Twinkies. They just said "Screw it, we have enough money, let's just shut down the plant."

On 5/10/2019 at 4:56 PM, Sauron said:

Being a male is the only characteristic that makes you statistically more likely to be incarcerated. Being white reduces that likelihood by two orders of magnitude, at least if you live in the US. I couldn't find any statistics on "good looking" people being incarcerated...

There is some experimental evidence on ugly people being more likely to get sentenced / receive harsher sentences.

4 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

There is some experimental evidence on ugly people being more likely to get sentenced / receive harsher sentences.

That seems believable, I doubt a judge would be prejudiced against a good looking person based on their looks. The stereotypical mugshot isn't a picture of Brad Pitt after all.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

That seems believable, I doubt a judge would be prejudiced against a good looking person based on their looks. The stereotypical mugshot isn't a picture of Brad Pitt after all.

I seem to recall the mugshot of 'the most handsome criminal in the world' causing quite the stir with women around the world demanding his release because a man like that must be innocent. Of course my memory might be embellishing the story a bit. Anyway I'd totally buy an attractive person getting more lenient sentencing if nothing else.

20 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

I seem to recall the mugshot of 'the most handsome criminal in the world' causing quite the stir with women around the world demanding his release because a man like that must be innocent. Of course my memory might be embellishing the story a bit. Anyway I'd totally buy an attractive person getting more lenient sentencing if nothing else.

Yes the whole "they look innocent" thing very much happens. Making a person "look innocent" is actually a big part of the job of a defense attorney so they're dressed up and taught how to present themselves to judges and juries. If they can make their client look innocent or, at least, sympathetic then it could mean they're declared innocent by the jury or given a lesser sentence from the judge.

Riot games needs to fire the SJWs. They're such a liability to companies.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I'd fire them all. Right now, to the last one. Concerns were heard, an independent panel was setup to hear claims and judge senior leadership, and they willingly signed the arbitration agreements. This is not a just action, this is an attempt by far left political activists to gain power in the company. To force it to adopt a progressive culture. 

The progressive culture prevents free thought and expression, will censor their product, will hurt their revenue and corrupt their product. It will destroy them as it has destroyed Bioware. Employees will live in a politically correct nightmare akin to Stalinist Russia. Constantly having to maintain political correctness for fear of being purged.

If Riot wants to thrive, they must fire every last one of these progressive activists.