Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DrMacintosh

Apple is being sued because 2FA "takes too long"

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

when you last logged in to iCloud.

i don't know if you had to set it. i never did and it was magically enabled one day. i think Apple enabled it for all acounts when they introduced it, but i'm not sure. i could be wrong there. @DrMacintosh do you know if that's the case?

Just few moments ago. It's a 6 digit code and I got it in 2 seconds after inserting login credentials.

3 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Just few moments ago. It's a 6 digit code and I got it in 2 seconds after inserting login credentials.

yup. unlocking my phone takes longer than getting the 2FA code lmao.

and that's only because i'm lazy and don't clean my home button often so it doesn't recognise my fingerprint.

wait a minute, my touchid is unreliable. brb sueing apple.

/jk

DISCLAIMER: ANYTHING I SAY COULD BE WRONG. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! 

Have a look at my set up your linux gaming pc from start to finish topic if you want to get started with linux :) 

My laptop: MacBook Pro 15" Late 2011 (dGPU disabled): I7 2675QM | HD3000 | 1TB SSD | 16GB RAM | macOS

18 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

yup. unlocking my phone takes longer than getting the 2FA code lmao.

and that's only because i'm lazy and don't clean my home button often so it doesn't recognise my fingerprint.

wait a minute, my touchid is unreliable. brb sueing apple.

/jk

It actually auto-types the 2fa code in on my Mac and Phone when they are on the same wifi. 

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

It actually auto-types the 2fa code in on my Mac and Phone when they are on the same wifi. 

for me it doesn't.

Have a look at my set up your linux gaming pc from start to finish topic if you want to get started with linux :) 

My laptop: MacBook Pro 15" Late 2011 (dGPU disabled): I7 2675QM | HD3000 | 1TB SSD | 16GB RAM | macOS

1 hour ago, sazrocks said:

If you're referring to the mcdonalds situation, that was actually a legitimate case. The liquid was far hotter than normal and actually fused flesh in the groin area. There's actually a post on the first page mentioning this (though I think its figures are a bit overblown).

It was actually at the normal temperature for that time, back then most coffees were served above 80C, in Australia you can still get coffee served at that temperature, although it's rarer because everyone is scared of being sued. 

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Oh my, why can't Apple just make a 1 factor authentication? Oh, and it should be the most secure method ever too, I don't want any hacker to guess my "june231993" password, like, seriously, with all the money we all give to Apple why can't they just hire some Genius??? If Aladding can, why you not????

People amaze me

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

What's next, McDonalds sued because someone gets a brain freeze coma from ice cream because they are not aware the ice cream is COLD ? LMAO. I applaud America where people can take real actions themselves against anti consumer shit, but a lot of them are really ridiculous.

This whole case was about how McDonalds handled it. They also knew of the problem as it happend before and was kept internal.

She was awarded such a high number by the Jury since McDonalds was being a jerk about it :D It started at 18.000 (at least 12.000 was medical already),

Then they sought 90.000 through trail. Which ended up being something below 600.000 (out of court settlement)

As for the OP... i have no words :( 

I came here to post "Inb4 someone cites the Mcdonalds coffee lawsuit and then gets corrected by people saying it was a legitimate case", but it appears I'm too late. :D

Best of luck to the plaintiff. They're going to need it :D

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I came here to post "Inb4 someone cites the Mcdonalds coffee lawsuit and then gets corrected by people saying it was a legitimate case", but it appears I'm too late. :D

Best of luck to the plaintiff. They're going to need it :D

I can delete my post and repost? :D 

It reminds me of that stupid speed comparison videos of smartphones.

One phone launches the app 0.0001 second faster - "Oh <brand> slightly faster there"

Is the difference of 1 second in launching the app so much to convince someone to buy specific phone?

Making Internet a better place.

1 minute ago, Dujith said:

This whole case was about how McDonalds handled it. They also knew of the problem as it happend before and was kept internal.

She was awarded such a high number by the Jury since McDonalds was being a jerk about it :D It started at 18.000 (at least 12.000 was medical already),

Then they sought 90.000 through trail. Which ended up being something below 600.000 (out of court settlement)

As for the OP... i have no words :( 

This is exactly how I remember learning about it, The scary thing I found recently is that all the Legal association website only list the evidence as presented by Liebecks lawyer or only some of the evidence presented but not the evidence put forward by the defendant. 

center for justice and democracy:

According to Stella Liebeck’s attorney, S. Reed Morgan, the jury heard the following evidence in the case:

https://centerjd.org/content/faq-about-mcdonald’s-coffee-case-and-use-fabricated-anecdotes

Consumer attorneys of California:

Here is some of the evidence the jury heard during the trial:  

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

Texas trial lawyers association:

According to Stella Liebeck’s attorney, S. Reed Morgan, the jury heard the following evidence in the case:

https://www.ttla.com/index.cfm?pg=mcdonaldscoffeecasefacts

When the general population can't easily get access to all the information but are inundated with one side of the debate it is of no surprise that people forget about personal responsibility.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

3 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

i think so. i don't know of another one by Apple.

you're right. it's literally unlock phone(or Mac), hit allow and type in code.

Yeah, I mean the whole point of the Apple ecosystem is that it's intuitive and it's seamless. It's a generalisation, sure, but at this point I'd be surprised if an integrated Apple service was slow. 

9 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Family of the attacker can sue too. I believe a man killed 3 intruders with an AR15 last year and one of the fathers of the attackers might have tried to sue him.

Oh yeah, that's just as wack. And they usually win somehow too.

8 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Thats interesting, people sue over some of the dumbest things, iirc the autopilot self driving thing has disclaimers and stuff but people still turn it on and assume they can sit back and read a book. And yeah I agree this lawsuit is really pointless though, if a person has to sign into a device so much they should just use a pin or password.

Well you wanna know why your disposable beverage cup has "CAUTION CONTENTS MAY BE HOT"? Eons ago, some lady got her hot morning cup of joe at the McDonald's drive through and put the cup inbetween her thighs to hold while driving. Well inevitably she squeezed too much and the fresh coffee went all over her, burning her (I think up to second or third degree if memory serves). So she sued, claiming she didn't know the liquid was scalding hot, she won. Now all those cups, McDonald's or not, all have that warning message. Fun, isn't it? There's a story behind every sign. (EDIT: lol turns out this has already been posted about.)

Why can't we all just use cup holders when handling a hot beverage in a car? Don't drink hot beverages while driving, and always sit it down when prepping your beverage to prevent spills. If you don't have a place to sit it down/secure it, you probably shouldn't be drinking it there...

1 minute ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Why can't we all just use cup holders when handling a hot beverage in a car?

because some cars don't have them i guess?

5 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

Apple's 2FA also works on a Mac. so if i have to sign into Icloud on my phone i can get a 2FA code from my Mac.

That's pretty neat. Handy if you have a laptop i guess.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

1 minute ago, Noctus said:

That's pretty neat. Handy if you have a laptop i guess.

any kind of Mac. and any kind of iOS device. so you can get 2FA codes on your iPad if you want.

57 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Why can't we all just use cup holders when handling a hot beverage in a car?

Wasn't a standard feature until (I believe) the late 80s.

Seagull eat fish. But fish belong to Mafia. Mafia punch seagull for not respecting Mafia. Seagull say "No, please! I have child!"

Mafia punch seagull with child.

Pyo.

2 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

any kind of Mac. and any kind of iOS device. so you can get 2FA codes on your iPad if you want.

Yeah i knew what you meant. For me, any 2FA on my phone i usually already use the phones security biometrics or passcode/pattern.

I don't carry 6 apple products so i don't need each device be a 2FA for everything else (like i said handy) Only reason i stated my example of of laptop/phone was because that's all i could see myself actually carrying in day-to-day activities :D

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

21 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

Apple 2FA is the fastest 2FA i have ever experienced. what is this guy talking about?

Probably sued Jimmy johns because it wasn't as fast as it was in the commercial. The fact that they think they can sue because a process takes a long time is ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Why can't we all just use cup holders when handling a hot beverage in a car? Don't drink hot beverages while driving, and always sit it down when prepping your beverage to prevent spills. If you don't have a place to sit it down/secure it, you probably shouldn't be drinking it there...

5 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

because some cars don't have them i guess?

My truck has poor excuses for cup holders. Really, they exist as a place to put your drink if you eat lunch in the cab (which is forbidden by me). But everytime I order takeout, I have to hold onto my drink the entire drive, otherwise it will spill everywhere. They do make center consoles for my truck with nice deep cupholders, but I'd lose my middle seat. Still, it's unsafe to drive one handed, but then again, people who drive manual kinda drive one handed. So...

15 hours ago, 79wjd said:

Only in America can you rob someone and then sue them because you slipped while running away. 

Yeah I was so mad the first time I heard about this happening. The fact that you can sue at all for someone getting hurt while trespassing is ridiculous. 

45 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah I was so mad the first time I heard about this happening. The fact that you can sue at all for someone getting hurt while trespassing is ridiculous. 

Well, it's  United States of America, the land of freedom and possibility, and really the weight on the word "freedom" because it seems to be more like requirment to loose your common sense and anything that resembels intelligence to be Legally Americantm. Like who the F*** thought it was a good idea to give a single person so much power that the person can basicly shutdown the whole country because the person wants money for totally idiotic pet project? And what was the reasoning behind gun laws? Oh, yeha if the government oppresses the people the people must have guns so the government would be scared. Too bad (if it's news to someone) the government has more money to buy more and bigger guns, but hey at least you can drive your kids to school with your fully militarized tank and to keep them extra safe give them pistols that make normal army officers pistol look like a potato.

And oh god "Bob"... He will not have children because the chainsaw didn't have a warning about not to stop the chain with your "you-know-what" but he is suing the chainsaw manufacturer because they didn't warn that the chain that can cut wood like nothing can also even more easily cut "the Woody", next Bob is going to sue the God because he didn't make Bobs "Woody" strong enough to whitstand a chainsaw and that his Woody didn'¨t have a warning label saying "Not a chainsaw break". The best part is, that Bob may even get money out of god because years ago "Bob" won a case where he sued a microwave manufacturer not having a warning label about not drying your cat in a microwave. Not to even talk about that Bob always buys from the small local company just because Bob has more money than the local manufacturer so Bob can easily "win" the sue by making it so long and expensive that the sued company goes bankrupt. [/s] Fucking idiots...

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Another thing I love about where I live,  You have ZERO legal rights if you are in the act of committing a crime.

Basically you cannot sue for damages for anything that happens to you when or as a result of committing a crime.