Bank Debit Card Purchases

Canada EH

When you buy an item in a store and you use your bank debit card, does the information on the chip or stripe have any identification info such as name or is it only just money information?

I ask because it came to me 2 minutes ago when I posted this. The down low is that companies are changing the way they do biz on the return side, I use old tele #'s so I was thinking of changing the # to an easy to remember tele # for the return process at the counters of stores, like Crappy Tire that I have been using a specific tele # for a very long time. Probably returned 100 items over the multiple decades. 30-40yrs.

I believe it contains your info, so the bank can tell which debit # belongs to which account when you authorize the transaction using your PIN. 

1 minute ago, Speed Weed said:

I believe it contains your info, so the bank can tell which debit # belongs to which account when you authorize the transaction using your PIN. 

OK so I will then buy a prepaid credit card with no fee's if I want to be completely anonymous.

I will confirm with the bank on the matter of personal info using debit.

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

OK so I will then buy a prepaid credit card with no fee's if I want to be completely anonymous.

I know the fact that debit card needs to send info to your bank to tell them you authorize this specific transaction, so they can deduct the specific amount on your account. Your bank acts like a middle man between buyer and seller. 

8 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Its linked to an account, your cheque or savings. 

On 12/9/2018 at 12:52 PM, Canada EH said:

Make sure to pay it with cash.

40 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Make sure to pay it with cash.

For sure!

The problem is finding a prepaid credit card with no fee's.

bank cards (at least in australia) contain the following information on the chip/magnetic strip

Name printed on the Card

Card Number

Expiry

Linked Account Number to draw the funds from.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

The actual chip inside the card doesn't contain your personal phone number, if that's what you're asking.

It does have the card number and expiry date, and the name listed on the card, though.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What are the benefits to being off the grid unless you're into illegal sources of income? 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

You've got to be one of the most paranoid people...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

26 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

What are the benefits to being off the grid unless you're into illegal sources of income? 

There's a number of reasons, one of which is *insert bank or creditor here* refusing to process a payment for specific types of items, namely, firearms purchases.

I believe it was Citi and/or Chase (I honestly don't remember which) who were attempting to strong arm lawful gun owners from purchasing firearms by blocking payments.

In addition to that, before California imposed a restriction upon ammunition sales, I had a family friend served with a warrant for "suspicious" activity, simply for purchasing ammunition that left a paper trail.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

You've got to be one of the most paranoid people...

It is useful to hide certain transactions when you, for example, receive government money. The government doesn´t have to know everything. They can spy in my country on your bank account at any time. This is why I disagree.

1 hour ago, Teddy07 said:

It is useful to hide certain transactions when you, for example, receive government money. The government doesn´t have to know everything. They can spy in my country on your bank account at any time. This is why I disagree.

In other words you're not using it the way your welfare system is meant to be used? Maybe you should be more honest with the funding you receive and you wouldn't need to be worried about them seeing how you've squandered it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

In other words you're not using it the way your welfare system is meant to be used? Maybe you should be more honest with the funding you receive and you wouldn't need to be worried about them seeing how you've squandered it.

I am honest. I just picked up an abandoned amazon packet up threw a message into the owner's mailbox in order to prevent thieves from taking it.

I am just saying it could be a reason.

On 12/9/2018 at 3:52 PM, Canada EH said:

if I want to be completely anonymous.

Its called Cash. Thats how you stay anonymous. Now the NSA is reading this post and it watching you. LOL. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

19 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Its called Cash. Thats how you stay anonymous. Now the NSA is reading this post and it watching you. LOL. 

Luckily I dont give a Fuck about the N.S.A. ?

Rather spend my vacation cash elsewhere!

I agree, cash is king! Just dont like walking around with a ton of cash. I have done it before with thousands, but one a couple handful of times. For store purchases, cash is king, just not too too convenient for impulse buys. Planned purchases is a good practice.