Why do you use an Android phone VS. an iPhone

Maskot

No ranting please.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I have an android phone, that is why I use it.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

android because open source project

Is that still a thing? I thought that died.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Is that still a thing? I thought that died.

dead? how else would custom roms exist?

android because i dont really know ios and dont really care to learn it.

iPhone = It works, its simple, made easy to use for any age, good materials

Android Phones(most) = More customization, More for tech people(no grannies), usually plastic(not really a bad thing)

I chose an iPhone because its Great looking, works great, does what its made to do and has one of the best App stores...

No hate on Android as its more like a different type of OS, better in some cases bad in others.

But damn that Nexus 5 is smexy!

android because i dont really know ios and dont really care to learn it.

Well, thats your laziness kicking in... Should really try it. Usually more simple to learn than Android...

Well, thats your laziness kicking in... Should really try it. Usually more simple to learn than Android...

Simple to learn? With such limited functionality and down right dumbed interface, it teaches itself.

In iOS I feel like I live in North Korea but in Android I live in USA :D

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

yeah you can call it lazyness the problem is android dose what i need it too and i dont see myself getting a iphone anytime soon.

Simple to learn? With such limited functionality and down right dumbed interface, it teaches itself.

Thats the beauty of simple... 

I don't like having apple tell me how my phone should look..I like widgets and real multitasking.And a 1080p display I mean it's almost 2014  :lol:

In iOS I feel like I live in North Korea but in Android I live in USA :D

:lol: bad analogy

But yeah Android has way more freedom, the Apple store is so restricted with accounts, crossing borders etc

Mostly because I have yet to find a good Android OS for a MP3 unlike Apple who has the Ipod a standalone for MP3.

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

Because I wanted a quality phone that is strong, software modable and still usable after the OS is no longer current.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

i got my android phone because that's is what parents were willing to get me it. i wasn't even there when they bought the phone to be honest.

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

because I don't like ios

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Customisable. I'm running PA and run my phone using gesture control and Pie. It's lovely.

Can't even stand stock android anymore it's just as bad as iOS, and touchWiz is worse than both

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Phone specs and performance are things I have little to no interest in but I still do have a smart phone because it is convenient. I chose Android because it integrates well with my gmail account.

Actually does iOS have apps for this? If so I have no reason to choose one over the other.

Seemingly infinite customisation and configurability

bigger screens

AMOLED>LCD in my opinion (Samsung)

Always up to date because of ROM's and also get awesome features on top of what's already there

Google services are better and amazing

Communication between apps is better

Media sharing is better

Notification system is better (that iOS7 status/notification bar is USELESS)

Custom default apps (keyboards are the BIG one here, iOS keyboards are shite)

iOS7 looks like a joke - see my post here: http://tinyurl.com/kf8x7a8

Google Now is way better than Siri and is actually useful

Don't have to use shitty iTunes

IN APP SETTINGS - don't have to go to a separate app to change the settings of another

LED notifications on the face of the phone

Better battery life

Removable battery

Upgradable storage

No lag - this is serious. My GS3 running both Cyanogenmod 4.3 JB and now 4.4 KK is smoother than my gf's iP5 on iOS7

That's most of it, there are lots of other little reasons... I LOVE the hardware of the iPhone 5, I'd kill for something like that with a bigger screen running Android, iOS just sucks ass. I don't hate iOS blindly, I've done serious comparisons with my girlfriends iP5 running iOS7; It's terrible, but she loves it. I genuinely think they are phones for girls.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Phone specs and performance are things I have little to no interest in but I still do have a smart phone because it is convenient. I chose Android because it integrates well with my gmail account.

Actually does iOS have apps for this? If so I have no reason to choose one over the other.

Many google apps actually work better on iOS... because they have two different design teams working on it.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018