Why do you use an Android phone VS. an iPhone

Maskot

I had a 2nd gen Ipod years ago and I got to say, Itunes is so bad I would rather use windows media player then it.  Android OS is to me anyway more user friendly then IOS.

Cry Havoc!

All of the above, except for "Everyone else has one". If I was going to get something because everyone else had one, I would have gotten an iPhone.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Customisable. I'm running PA and run my phone using gesture control and Pie. It's lovely.

Can't even stand stock android anymore it's just as bad as iOS, and touchWiz is worse than both

I've wanted to try PA for a while now, but I have no idea what to do. Will I be able to use it on a Samsung GS2??

I've wanted to try PA for a while now, but I have no idea what to do. Will I be able to use it on a Samsung GS2??

Probably, go to xda development forum, put in your handset and take a look at the various different roms in original development subforum.

I'd check but I'm currently using my phone for ltt :-P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Because not only is the OS more customizable but you also have much more variety in terms of phone specs and pricing.

I have an Android phone as I was curious to see what it was like. My dad had an iPhone 4 and I liked it but there was just too many people who have one. Cheapness was also sort of a factor. Ruggedness was also I little bit of a factor, Apple products break a lot more easily than any other phone from what I've seen. I haven't seen one person in my school not have a crack on their iPhone.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I need a phone that is capable to be used outside that means dust and water as well as being dropped

I would have to buy a new phone every week if i had a iphone

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Cost for a nexus is way better than any iphone equivalent.

I understand the structure of Android os much more so then ios.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

Android because of its customizations. For example, my droid 2 running gingerbread looks just like jellybean or ics with the use of cyanogen mood and holo launcher and locker.

u9ypyse7.jpg

I have an Android phone for a few reasons (and yes, I was a very happy iOS user for two years, and then switch).

The screens are larger

You wouldn't believe the difference it makes, when I go back to look at my old iPhone, the screen is tiny. Also, they're higher resolution (which is nice)

More horsepower

The phones have better specs and perform quite well, but TBH, I don't game that much on my phone, so it's a bit of a moot point for gaming. In general use scenarios, I've found Android to be quicker, and lockup less than iOS.

Better Sound

I guess this is an HTC One specific case, but the sound is miles ahead then my iPhone. And it's got a nice analytic sound - not as warm as my iPhone, but still sounds awesome.

Operating System

I personally quite like Sense, quite alot to be honest. The animations are good and quick, it doesn't lock up, and it's alot more customizable. I like having the two different ways of finding apps (pages, and then the list style). Also, with the 4.3 update, you can get quick access to alot of settings in the notification bar.

Finally, I have to say, I am quite happy that I made the switch to Android when I did. Would I ever consider switching? Yep, I definitely would, If someone releases a better phone, with a better operating system, I have no query about switching.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I don't have a smartphone... But I'm going to get that awesome NEXUS 5. :) When it's available. :(

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

• 3 weeks later...

I had an iPhone 3G and 4S.  I got an HTC One this gen because I was just bored of iOS and wanted to try out Android.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

Android because it has a longer life span as in once its no longer supported by the manufactuer theres usually a rom I can put on it to update it.

Theres also more flexibility with everything like screen layout, ringtones, themes... Like you can do anything on android by default just because its android.

Apple is too locked down. Any feature thats available on iOS is available on Android and its usually cheaper. And no one tell me im wrong! I sell phones!! So just shut up. :P lol.