Anthrax 7.0 - Mostly Whoosh With A Bit Of Sploosh

I still haven't even seen the HAF XC personally (I work on the other side of the country), but what did I steal, exactly?

His integrity, dignity and his idea!

Maybe his innocence as well! xD

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

His integrity, dignity and his idea!

Maybe his innocence as well! xD

I seem to have misplaced my mind probe. It's that fancy one that keeps backlogs as well. So I can't reference it for the stolen idea from @TheProfosist D:

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

Which ones would you want I have 3-5 different kinds?

oh boy idk which ones would you be okay letting go of for a bit of $

I still haven't even seen the HAF XC personally (I work on the other side of the country), but what did I steal, exactly?

Sorry about taking so long to reply to this but you didnt steal anything I was just joking. If you watch Linus's CES Cooler Master coverage http://youtu.be/PPRNvOqH0xc?t=2m20s there was a 360mm glacier in the front of the HAF XC. This is what I basically did in this build with a Swifttech H320 in the front of the Air 540. BTW im kinda sad that your colleges did show up now :(

oh boy idk which ones would you be okay letting go of for a bit of $

Any of them I never use the speed reducers.

• 1 month later...

Update: #000

============

Here are some pics from when I was diagnosing the issue I was having with my GPUs. The first the PSU spaghetti that happened when I was checking if it was the PSU or not and left the old one in. The second is what happens when you have to RMA both your nice GPUs, you get stuck with your extra card a GT 430.

IMG_5880.jpg

IMG_5802.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

Update: #020

============

So here are just a few pics of a few things going in. Its basically just whats needed to test the replacement motherboard for the most part. Featured are the front fans, PSU, fan splitter, psu filter, hotswap bay, and ssd power and data connections.

IMG_6525-1.jpg

IMG_6531-1.jpg

IMG_6536.jpg

IMG_6551.jpg

IMG_6557.jpg

IMG_6565.jpg

IMG_6568.jpg

IMG_6575.jpg

IMG_6578.jpg

IMG_6581.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

Update: #021

============

*Drooooooools* Wait! What? Oh yeah, im supposed to say something right... Umm, just look at the picture and you'll understand.

IMG_6587.jpg

Update: #022

============

Well the temporary test build is complete so I thought I would take some glamor shots. I actually used the second screenshot as my desktop wallpaper for some time as those noctua's peeking though the mesh just looks too good. :P

IMG_6609.jpg

IMG_6617.jpg

IMG_6619.jpg

After posting these few updates I now realize how far behind this build log is. From here on out ill do my best to get it up to speed with where I am at with the build.

• 1 month later...

Well guys you should be seeing some movement on this build log soon, hoping week of the 18th.

Well guys you should be seeing some movement on this build log soon, hoping week of the 18th.

YESSSSSSSS,YESSSSSSS,Yes, Yes, Yes finally, absolutely cant wait to see this :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

YESSSSSSSS,YESSSSSSS,Yes, Yes, Yes finally, absolutely cant wait to see this :D

lol, well someone's excited! Maybe I should try to get started on that backlog of updates now.

lol, well someone's excited! Maybe I should try to get started on that backlog of updates now.

I am actually super excited about this :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually super excited about this :D

Well I got word that the replacement case shipped yesterday, so I should be back in business next week!

Yahallo!

Give us an update already! :D

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Yahallo!

I guess I can do that...

Update: #023

============

The replacement ram ended up coming a day early, sexy as always (see third pic). This set ended up checking out perfectly at XMP for 3 passes!

IMG_6695.jpg

IMG_6639.jpg

IMG_6658.jpg

IMG_6685.jpg

IMG_6710.jpg

Yahallo!

Got an update for ya :P

Nice! I bought 64GB for my PC, Dominator Platinum 2133MHz CL9 (The sweet spot)

Costs quite a lot though... :/

Command Center:

Nice! I bought 64GB for my PC, Dominator Platinum 2133MHz CL9 (The sweet spot)

Costs quite a lot though... :/

yes I grabbed 1866 because well that the max native speed of Ivy-E is 1866. Also 2133 CAS 9 is like much more expensive. I also got my set at least $150 than its at now. Damn you ram prices!

Update: #024

============

This is just a small thing that may not even deserve a update but I thought I would still include it. I swapped the magnetic PSU fan filter from on the PSU to on the inside of the side panel. This way the dust doesnt get into the case at all instead of just not in the PSU.

IMG_6701.jpg

Update: #025

============

The 4930K passed the overnight burn in on the replacement MB with the temporary H80. Everything seems to be looking good so far.

Prime95BurnInwithH80.png

Update: #026

============

So yea after getting a few more things installed, turns out one of the temp sensors was bad >_> . I swear theses things are tested before theyre sent out for Advanced RMA. I guess time to contact ASUS US support again...

TempSensorBad.png

Well I'm going to try to get at least one update if not a few up every night. I should be a problem especially if they're small/short ones like the last few.

Do you guys think I should add the actual date of the update to the posts?