Anthrax 7.0 - Mostly Whoosh With A Bit Of Sploosh

Well my replacement Sabertooth X79 finally showed up on friday. It has been over two months since I started the initial advanced RMA and over a month since I sent the first advanced RMA motherboard back because it had a bad temp sensor. Time for more progress!

Is the plastic cover on the CPU block still on? LOL

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Is the plastic cover on the CPU block still on? LOL

Yep the plastic cover on the cpu socket, the tape on the cpu block, and the tape on top of the pump were still on. It was a mockup so there was no need to remove any of that, actually it was probably better left on.

Looking good how much did them fans cost :P heheee

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Looking good how much did them fans cost :P heheee

More than initially budgeted.

I was bout to comment on the Noctuas' clashing with the rest of the coloring, until I noticed the MoBo. Pretty good color match, and I actually really, really like the look now after seeing that. It's refreshing to see builds that aren't black/blue, black/red or black/green for a change! lol Keep up the good work man. Would love to see some benchmarks of this thing, and seeing how far the OC'ing can go with all that cooling  :)

I was bout to comment on the Noctuas' clashing with the rest of the coloring, until I noticed the MoBo. Pretty good color match, and I actually really, really like the look now after seeing that. It's refreshing to see builds that aren't black/blue, black/red or black/green for a change! lol Keep up the good work man. Would love to see some benchmarks of this thing, and seeing how far the OC'ing can go with all that cooling  :)

I really cant stand cookie-cutter builds. I say Build what you want, not what other people tell you too want. Dont worry once this this in finally complete there will be tons of final pics. Im not going to OC it right away because I kinda need it asap and dialing in a new OC can take a while especially on a new platform for me. Sadly there wont be process on this for a bit as I have to throw together another build real quick to make sure that certain parts from RMAs work. I will however be posting updates if I get a change as I have plenty of updates that havnt gone up yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Im at a point with this build at the moment where its like a puzzle that you do want to solve anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: #018

============

Here are some pics of the rad mounted and mocked up with a few more fans. Man is it a tight fit. When I pick up new GFX cards im defiantly going to have to watch their length.

IMG_6435.jpg

IMG_6438.jpg

IMG_6449.jpg

IMG_6450.jpg

IMG_6454.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

Some nice stuff going on there.

Is there a specific reason you picked the Dominator Platinum? :o

IMO; keep away from that anime xD 

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Some nice stuff going on there.

Is there a specific reason you picked the Dominator Platinum? :o

IMO; keep away from that anime xD

Yea, finding 32gb (4x 8gb) of 1866mhz was quite hard at the launch of Ivy-E there were only 3 models I trusted. Two were Dominator Platinum (cas 9 or 10) and one Vangance Pro. The Vengance Pro was out of stock and there "just happened to be" a discount on all Dominator Platinum ram. At the time the cas 9 was only $10-$20 more than the cas 10 so why not?

What why??? O_o

Yea, finding 32gb (4x 8gb) of 1866mhz was quite hard at the launch of Ivy-E there were only 3 models I trusted. Two were Dominator Platinum (cas 9 or 10) and one Vangance Pro. The Vengance Pro was out of stock and there "just happened to be" a discount on all Dominator Platinum ram. At the time the cas 9 was only $10-$20 more than the cas 10 so why not?

What why??? O_o

Nothing wrong with them. :P

Just wondering if you were doing a theme for your PC :P

Also the 1600MHz version has some problems with overclocking, but I don't think the 1866MHz has problems. (If the "What why??? O_o") was directed towards the RAM. :P

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Nothing wrong with them. :P

Just wondering if you were doing a theme for your PC :P

Also the 1600MHz version has some problems with overclocking, but I don't think the 1866MHz has problems. (If the "What why??? O_o") was directed towards the RAM. :P

The "what why" was to the anime comment.

The theme for my PC is Black and Noctua.

I dont plan to OC the ram as you really get the least improvement from it and the most instability from my experiences. This is why I got the 1866 as is the highest Ivy-E supports natively.

The "what why" was to the anime comment.

The theme for my PC is Black and Noctua.

I dont plan to OC the ram as you really get the least improvement from it and the most instability from my experiences. This is why I got the 1866 as is the highest Ivy-E supports natively.

....It is like School Days. :P

Command Center:

....It is like School Days. :P

I have see School Days years ago but please explain to me why I am currently so confused.

I have see School Days years ago but please explain to me why I am currently so confused.

SPOILER: SPOILER: SPOILER:

The guy (protagonist) bangs everyone, even his sister.

Command Center:

SPOILER: SPOILER: SPOILER:

The guy (protagonist) bangs everyone, even his sister.

still missing the point but at this point im going to assume its a a dirty joke.

Push/Pull on a H320? That's mental, dude! :D 

Love the build so far :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Push/Pull on a H320? That's mental, dude! :D 

Love the build so far :)

Yes, Fans!, All the fans!

Yes, Fans!, All the fans!

Yo dawg when are we gonna see this thing finished? :P

Yo dawg when are we gonna see this thing finished? :P

Soon, very soon! Mwah ha ha ha

I had parts issues and now im finishing the ITX build and need to get my new server in place. But yes, I know the this has gone on forever, remember im the one without a desktop...

Update: #019

============

Here are some HDD Labels to go with the SATA Labels *whistles*

IMG_6509.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg

IMG_6520.jpg

Remember to LinusTechTips-Followthistopic.png to receive continued updates automatically!

I really like the quality of the pictures :D are you taking them with a camera or with phone?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

I really like the quality of the pictures :D are you taking them with a camera or with phone?

I am using a camera see this post on the first page of the thread. I wish I had better lighting though. Most shots im using my headlamp for light and some others im using the flash because im being lazy.

I am using a camera see this post on the first page of the thread. I wish I had better lighting though. Most shots im using my headlamp for light and some others im using the flash because im being lazy.

I have the same camera, but still only stock lens. D:

EDIT:

Sorry I lied, it was the 700D xD

Command Center: