LTT Edition Noctua Countdown/Available for Preorder

WoodenMarker

In case any of you haven't been following Linus on Twitter, the fans are ready to ship from Noctua. 

7ea7e480dae41742dc07b6b61786b2fa.png

They're currently for pre-order at PLE Computers and Performance-PC's. 

NF-F12: 

https://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemId=621200

http://www.performance-pcs.com/noctua-nf-f12-pwm-linus-tech-tips-special-edition-120mm-cooling-fan.html

NF-A14:

https://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemId=621202

http://www.performance-pcs.com/noctua-nf-a14-pwm-special-linus-tech-tips-edition-140mm-cooling-fan.html

ff4c70628c14411b59b249e243f290a6.png

7629999b52edc8c8152a8ee7361f7fd6.png

Also, 

33741e36386071a0cf1b176e58ebe4c6.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Holy shit that's expensive.... $26.99 for a single 120mm fan, or $29.99 for a single 140mm fan...

I don't think I'll be able to get many... maybe one if I'm lucky...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

This is the time i really wish they made more orange and black components in my price range

But the real question is, how many do I buy?

i know i will be buying at least 4 just not the ltt because it will be of no use to get specual ones since i will be painting them

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I was going to purchase 5 for my machine, but for $26 USD dollars + shipping. That will be a whole lot; may have to wait until Canada receives some.

$170 for 5 fans, not including shipping.

blackshades on

9a02989c9d33665df8dc02afff38e89c.png

Will NCIX be getting any?

Considering who used to work there, most likely. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

92mm please lol

you're like, the last person using 92mm fans lol

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Whatever happen to the OCZ Linus edition RAM that Linus had....

The OCZ Sapphire Series, it died with OCZ in their first scratch that: second whoops my bad, third restructure. Here is whats left of it: https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ocz+sapphire+series+ram&view=detailv2&&id=E63DE8D5A0326A41A8FD2F874DDCB800F113B61E&selectedIndex=12&ccid=6D8RQTP5&simid=608022002413669662&thid=OIP.Me83f114133f970aad0af61e68009373bo0&ajaxhist=0

Ehh that's OCZ anyway, the Gold RAM that i had was shit and i replaced it with G Skill ram in my spare PC. 

Edit: Ho lee shiiiiiiit I never have bought from Performance PC's and probably never will. The cost of shipping is as much as one fan, just nawww.

Pretty sure they use normal shipping services; they have a bunch of options and all the prices are pretty typical (some huge businesses like Amazon etc. can give free shipping because they have such huge profits anyway, but Performance PCs is a niche company and I'm pretty sure it's a family-run type thing, so they don't have a huge number of employees.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Are the fans a limited time item? If so, how long will they be available for?

COMIC SANS

Pretty sure they use normal shipping services; they have a bunch of options and all the prices are pretty typical (some huge businesses like Amazon etc. can give free shipping because they have such huge profits anyway, but Performance PCs is a niche company and I'm pretty sure it's a family-run type thing, so they don't have a huge number of employees.

Yeah probably, damn you shipping companies(And I heard they were raising the rates too, ugh, damn holidays lol).

Edit: If I change my shipping location the rate goes down to a reasonable amount, so I'll probably just do that. My wallet isn't ready for spending $50 on fans though lol.

for $40 AUD i wanted to get 5 for my PC but wont be getting even 1 :( sorry @LinusTech

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Jesus fuck. 30 dollars for a fan?!?!? I forgot how ridiculously overpriced Noctua fans are...

No way in hell can I justify a swap from Venturi fans to these at those prices. 50-70% more expensive for nominally identical performance (esp with the 140mm variants)...

Perhaps if a relative wants a new pc I could swing them into using these ones... but still... 30 dollars for a 140mm fan...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I can see why most co-branded products are cheapo ones - it's easier to add more middlemen to those without the cost going higher :P

We will see how they sell and that will determine whether we ever so anything like this again :)

im waiting for them to come on sale in canada i want to fit my case with them :D

They will come. NCIX just needs to send in their order.

woo i cant wait