has AMD hit rock bottom?!

zMeul

source: http://www.yeoldefinance.com/has-advanced-micro-devices-nasdaqamd-hit-rock-bottom/

long story short:

Wall Street Equity analysts are predicting that Advanced Micro Devices will report an EPS of $-0.11 for the quarter ending in September. Analysts on Estimize are in consensus, predicting revenue to be reported at $1.041 billion.

The company last reported EPS of $-0.19 on 2015–0-7-16 for the quarter ended 2015-06-30. This was a -11.76% surprise factor, or $-0.02 away from what analysts had expected.

estimize-amd-fq3-2015-91cccce0560ba5b5.p

estimize-amd-fq3-2015-38b97aa1bd798368.p

note: EPS - earnings per share

---

gee, you'd think taping out Zen would've been a good thing for AMD .. looks like not

I see Jim Keller leaving at a rather odd moment, why didn't he stayed for the CPUs to leave the production line? is it because AMD can't pay his salary anymore or is it because Zen architecture will arrive too late to actually matter

in a previous post: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/447369-amds-zen-architecture-will-be-late/ it's estimated that Zen based CPUs will arive on desktop in Q2 2017 .. that's not promising at all

Everything we already knew but confirmed...sheit AMD, not lookin good. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Could be possible Keller's work is done, AMD can do the rest from there. 

AMD's at rock bottom, I thought everybody already felt this way. It's too early to tell when Zen will pop up. Lots of R&D in Zen I think. If AMD gets squeezed by Nvidia and then Zen fails then it would be tragic.

But yeah, they're not in a good place right now, but people's been saying that for a while now.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

rip AMD

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Everything seems to be riding on Zen.

In this state, I can see AMD lasting about two years before they're unrecoverable. They need to release Zen soon before it's too late.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Could be possible Keller's work is done, AMD can do the rest from there.

Keller's job was done the moment Zen taped out, that was about the time Fiji was unveiled

why he didn't left then?!?!

OMG STOP IT!! You're scaring me  :wacko: 

Now I'm terrified of whether to get a gtx 970 or r9 390x

I don't know I really don't want to have to change my graphics card middle of 1 year just because the company is going bankrupt and the drivers aren't being updated as often!

Could you tell me if this would affect the company or the drivers being updated and whether I should stick with getting an AMD card? D:

I really would appreciate some help with this as I DON'T want to stuff up my first build and be satisfied later on!

BTW this is my current build that I am probably going to evolve on:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($523.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($245.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390X 8GB SOC Video Card  ($599.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 (White) ATX Full Tower Case  ($189.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $2110.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-21 22:12 AEST+1000

Thanks for reading

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

I don't know I really don't want to have to change my graphics card middle of 1 year just because the company is going bankrupt and the drivers aren't being updated as often!

Could you tell me if this would affect the company or the drivers being updated and whether I should stick with getting an AMD card? D:

I really would appreciate some help with this as I DON'T want to stuff up my first build and be satisfied later on!

Thanks for reading

If they go bankrupt youre screwed :P 

AMD is definitely in a tough spot but it isn't rock bottom. Even if Zen fails there are still steps they could take to make the company running better again.

r1NS3, even in the unlikely event AMD goes completely under the Radeon division is probably going to be sold to another party because their patents and expertise of their staff are worth too much to resist for companies that can afford to run it.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Every story like this is another nail in AMDs coffin.

I think people need to be a lot more positive about AMDs products, especially as they are competing well with a company that is way more successful and who has a tonne more money for R&D, yet cannot show that in their performance.

I am loving my AMD gpu and won't be changing it until it no longer plays the games that I like, at a decent level. 

I just hope that Nvidia don't pressure the game devs into not adopting DX12, just because they have dropped the ball in this area.

Thanks for reading

the gpu division has been spun off from AMD, if AMD goes under then someone will pick up radeon and you will still get your driver updates.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

You know what they say...

'When you hit the bottom, the only way to go is up'

OMG STOP IT!! You're scaring me :wacko:

You're not at any risk if you're getting an AMD card, AMD 'shutting down' is extremely unlikely in my opinion. Chances are that AMD will 'bounce back' in 2016, since they're releasing Zen and prepping for the incoming DX12 titles, the majority of them being partnered with them (and has been widely speculated to boost their GPU performance significantly), and not to mention their Arctic Islands GPU line. If they do go bankrupt, they will most likely be bought out - nobody is willing to let NVIDIA rule the GPU market by itself.

The 390X is a good card, it beats out the GTX 970 performance-wise and possesses features which NVIDIA's Maxwell architecture does not have that will be critical for its DX12 performance.

AMD isn't dying that easily.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Good Lord guys, you're all so fatalist.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

just another zmeul thread... cherrypicking 2 lines... not reading everything.... whatever....

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

Here's the thing. Thanks to the consoles, everyone seems to underestimate, games will be designed for GCN, which we know is happening right now. As a result, async compute are getting a LOT of focus amongst the devs, which benefits GCN a lot. That is why most devs team up with AMD for their DX12 titles. We al know that AMD sponsored titles always run great on PC and are vendor neutral (unlike GameWorks titles running crap on everything and sabotages AMD users something fierce).

This is all a positive thing for PC gaming, as we move away from vendor exclusive tech (we don't want PC master race to copy the worst from the console world after all).

With the extremely high adoption rate of DX12 amongst consumers and high hardware support (over 65% of steam users), we are seeing devs adopt DX12 very fast. That will certainly benefit AMD a lot more than NVidia.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

nop  :lol:

if they go bankrupt  :rolleyes:

microsoft will buy it  :D

so... is "nvidia" the one that is screwed  B)

the hate train is real.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

No we're not. AMD going bankrupt is about the best thing for the industry. Give Nvdia all the CPU IP and Mark Papermaster and give Intel all the GPU IP and Raja Koduri and watch the cogs turn.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

-snip-

Questionable opinions that other people don't like aren't great for debate but hardly a reason to get banned.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

No we're not. AMD going bankrupt is about the best thing for the industry. Give Nvdia all the CPU IP and Mark Papermaster and give Intel all the GPU IP and Raja Koduri and watch the cogs turn.

You can't be that thick-headed. No competition = charge up the ass for something

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Questionable opinions that other people don't like aren't great for debate but hardly a reason to get banned.

Sure, unless he goes around posting in the Tech News section, cherry-picking lines, reading only the title of his source and drawing conclusions based on that. At the very least this deserves a ban from this section, as in not posting any more news.

You can't be that thick-headed. No competition = charge up the ass for something

In the scenario he mentioned, competition will exist. Intel will be able to make dedicated GPUs and Nvidia will be able to make desktop CPUs, as such both companies will compete on both fronts.