Star Wars Battlefront won't have a server browser but will use a"skill based matchmaking system"

Bouzoo

Kill:Death ratio average per match and the player level...

That doesn't really mean anything. Especially when not everyone will have access to vehicles as often as others. What if I have a poor k/d but captured flags for my team all game and we won because of that? Doesn't that count? This isn't quake, there is a lot less skill involved and that skill is shown in a different way.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That doesn't really mean anything. Especially when not everyone will have access to vehicles as often as others. What if I have a poor k/d but captured flags for my team all game and we won because of that? Doesn't that count? This isn't quake, there is a lot less skill involved and that skill is shown in a different way.

Base it off you MVP score; how well you played as well as how much you contributed to your team...your total assists flags captured/defended as well as on the duration of the match?

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

that's not what they said though :P all they got rid of was the server browser... imagine having battlelog and all it has is a button that says "find match"

I was planning on sleeping tonight, but then i saw your comment. Now images of the hell that awaits me remind me of the lengths humanity is willing to go to in order to destroy what beautiful creations they bring into this world. 

Then again, it is just a video game. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Base it off you MVP score; how well you played as well as how much you contributed to your team...your total assists flags captured/defended as well as on the duration of the match?

Maybe... depends on what they count and if the score is balanced. Another thing to bare in mind is that with an unlock system, players who haven't played as long may end up with inevitably lower scores even if they are actually better at the game. In general, I think they should stick to something more lighthearted and focus around the fun of it rather than trying to force in a competitive aspect that has no real place in this kind of game.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I never played battlefront and so far it seems like I won't pick this one up either. After people still playing Battlefront 2 or is it dead now? I would give it a try since I loved Jedi Outcast/Academy.

Just a warning, Battlefront is nothing like Jedi Outcast/Academy. Both those games have a heavy focus on story (unless you mean Multiplayer). I personally did not think the Battlefront series was particularly good - it was "alright" team based shooter action. The space battles were complete garbage. Lightsaber combat (limited to when you played as heroes) was simplistic at best.

The Saber combat system - especially in Jedi Academy - was much more comprehensive. Same with the force powers available.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Goodbye LTT Battlefront server, we didn't even have a moment to miss you.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Just a warning, Battlefront is nothing like Jedi Outcast/Academy. Both those games have a heavy focus on story (unless you mean Multiplayer). I personally did not think the Battlefront series was particularly good - it was "alright" team based shooter action. The space battles were complete garbage. Lightsaber combat (limited to when you played as heroes) was simplistic at best.

The Saber combat system - especially in Jedi Academy - was much more comprehensive. Same with the force powers available.

I am interested both in sp and mp. I didn't started to love Jedi Academy/Outcast because of the MP as those were pretty old games when I finally got internet connection that allowed me to play MP.

However when I did it blowed my mind when I realized how much more there is to saber combat mechanics which I think are still the best of all times.

I also really enjoyed Republic Commando. Is Battlefront comparable to that?

I am interested both in sp and mp. I didn't started to love Jedi Academy/Outcast because of the MP as those were pretty old games when I finally got internet connection that allowed me to play MP.

However when I did it blowed my mind when I realized how much more there is to saber combat mechanics which I think are still the best of all times.

I also really enjoyed Republic Commando. Is Battlefront comparable to that?

No, Battlefront is nothing like Republic Commando either. I quite like RC - that game was great. There really aren't any comparable star wars games to the Battlefront series. If you're curious, just play it, and see what you think. Many people love them - I personally do not.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Matchmaking, you say?

Oh, that'll work SPLENDIDLY for us here in the Caribbean.  We already have 75-150ms latencies to deal with (to US servers) on average.   :(

...and no (I know you're thinking it :D   ), South American servers actually have MORE latency, even though they're closer geographically.

Fun times ahead.  :mellow:

No mods, uncontrollable ping, no communities, no fan-made game modes, 100% reliance on EA to keep their servers up...

Yep, this is definitely a good decision  <_<

I see EA is taking notes from CS: GO, GJ EA doing something right for once.

So a Battlefield game without server browser? What is this sorcery!

This isn't battlefield .. It's in development

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I heard that if you are exceptionally bad they put you against console players.

ALL HAIL THE SUPERIOR INPUT DEVICE

In all seriousness though I can't wait to be the host and saturate my upload so I can wrek.

Oh no, now I'm starting to get less excited. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

"Skilled based matchmaking"

Lol cuz thats gonna work gr8, look at CSGO, its a shit fest

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

the reason why I dont play csgo is exactly this, I always match up with some players with extraterrestial ping 

cevo

esea

faceit

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

"Skilled based matchmaking"

Lol cuz thats gonna work gr8, look at CSGO, its a shit fest

CS:GO is a shitfest because of smurfs and cheaters. Also, it has a server browser as well as its ranked matchmaking.

TBH i don't hate battlelog, i have no problem with the interface. The only problem i have with battlelog is when me and my cousins, who live in the same house,  connect to the same game at the same time it boot one of us.

I guess as long as it has a party system, it will be somewhat fine.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Skill? And how exactly would they measure that in a not particularly hard game in which your performance largely depends on your team's? This isn't sc2... no point in a rank based system. Besides I would assume you can leave the game when you wish if your team is sub par for some reason and you aren't having fun as a consequence (although in that case I'd blame poor game design - bf1942 was fun regardless of whether you were winning or loosing).

They've tracked "skill" on Battlelog for a while now, certainly for as long as BF4's been out -- BF3 as well, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think I've ever seen a clear explanation of how it's calculated but, from practical experience, the thing which seems to affect it the most is how busy the server is -- it almost always tanks after a round on a quieter server. I will say that while I don't think my performance/consistency has changed significantly, my skill doesn't seem to fluctuate as wildly as it did earlier on, so it could well be something they're actively tweaking.

I don't really see it as a particularly good metric of skill at all, to be honest. Score per minute is probably the best immediately-obvious indicator of skill I can think of, although even there you're hugely affected by your team and especially your squad -- even more so now that they've removed a lot of control over squads, which has totally destroyed squad/team play except for a minority of cases.

Now they want to take even more control away from the players. Give us **options** I can understand players wanting to just hop right into a game, especially on consoles, but simplicity is no excuse for removing actual features and detracting from the gameplay experience. If they want to turn Battlefield/Battlefront into another generic FPS I'll just stop playing it like I have all of the others.

If they want to turn Battlefield/Battlefront into another generic FPS I'll just stop playing it like I have all of the others.

Unfortunately I think the writing has been on the wall for months now. Star wars can improve pretty much anything, but we should brace for a bf4 semi-reskin. And battlefield in general has already crossed the line in cod territory imo. If they removed insta-deaths and regen health, then we'd have something to work on.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is this ?!?Call of duty: battlefront ?

ALL ABORT THE HYPE TRAIN!

I walked away from the hype train before it started. 

I fucking knew EA/Dice were going to ruin Battlefront.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Imho this is a good thing. I'd rather not deal with a server browser as a whole and just play the freaking game. Especially if that means I can create a party with friends and actually all be on the same team.