Apple now rejecting apps that mention other platforms

r3bify

So does that mean that the official Pebble app is no longer valid on Apple Store?

Essentially meaning Pebble is no longer compatible with iOS.

That is the basis of an anti-trust lawsuit.

Can you explain anti-trust law ? as I'vs not grasped that yet and it's different in EU and USA so it's fucking me what people are referencing.

No such thing here.

Play nice.

But Wow, this is pretty salty!

11182057_10204344673879239_2572562371326

Now this is just stupid and if it's anti-trust then I expect a lawsuit.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Can you explain anti-trust law ? as I'vs not grasped that yet and it's different in EU and USA so it's fucking me what people are referencing.

What I found online :

• Every contract, combination in the form of trust or otherwise, or conspiracy, in restraint of trade or commerce among the several States, or with foreign nations, is declared to be illegal. Every person who shall make any contract or engage in any combination or conspiracy hereby declared to be illegal shall be deemed guilty of a felony, and, on conviction thereof, shall be punished by fine not exceeding $100,000,000 if a corporation, or, if any other person, $1,000,000, or by imprisonment not exceeding 10 years, or by both said punishments, in the discretion of the court.
  • Every person who shall monopolize, or attempt to monopolize, or combine or conspire with any other person or persons, to monopolize any part of the trade or commerce among the several States, or with foreign nations, shall be deemed guilty of a felony, and, on conviction thereof, shall be punished by fine not exceeding $100,000,000 if a corporation, or, if any other person, $1,000,000, or by imprisonment not exceeding 10 years, or by both said punishments, in the discretion of the court.

That's the basics of it.

Examples of illegal practices are price-fixing conspiracies, corporate mergers likely to reduce the competitive vigor of particular markets, and predatory acts designed to achieve or maintain monopoly power.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

So if YouTube states that its supports all platforms then I guess Google will have to remove the YouTube app from the app store... Bet a lot of Apple fans won't be happy about that.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

So if YouTube states that its supports all platforms then I guess Google will have to remove the YouTube app from the app store... Bet a lot of Apple fans won't be happy about that.

They will get other apps and shouldn't maps and earth get removed /?? so is whatsapp, facebook, twitter and other apps to???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Worse than that.. The app to connect to a pebble isn't allowed to reference pebble.

Now I'm wondering what would such an app look like....

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

How is this news? This type of anti-competitive behavior is completely predictable coming from apple. For gods sake, they block anyone who gives their product a bad review on their own networks inside the apple store.

Correction, they don't just block you, they pretend you don't exist.

https://youtu.be/BOJjbsiLzSI

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

How is this news? This type of anti-competitive behavior is completely predictable coming from apple. For gods sake, they block anyone who gives their product a bad review on their own networks inside the apple store.

Correction, they don't just block you, they pretend you don't exist.

But but.. it's apple so it should be fine and okay.

Haha he's blocked in UAE that idiot must have said or done something shitty to get banned.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

But but.. it's apple so it should be fine and okay.

Haha he's blocked in UAE that idiot must have said or done something shitty to get banned.

Doesn't really take much to get banned in that part of the world, or imprisoned and or executed for that matter.

Doesn't really take much to get banned in that part of the world, or imprisoned and or executed for that matter.

Examples or you're talking shit.

Executed ?? The fuck you talking about.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Now I'm no fan of Google, but I'm pretty sure Apple sells phones in Europe, why doesn't the European Union takes a look into this as well?

Sadly, I think Apple doesn't have a big enough market share for antitrust laws to apply.

They make huge profits on each device sold, but they don't sell that many compared to all other phones combined.

Examples or you're talking shit.

Executed ?? The fuck you talking about.

I'm fairly certain that some of the countries in that part of the world have a fairly liberal death sentence policy, at least compared to some western countries.

Sadly, I think Apple doesn't have a big enough market share for antitrust laws to apply.

They make huge profits on each device sold, but they don't sell that many compared to all other phones combined.

There fucking rich as fuck and have great profit margins, they may not have market share but they have the cash.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I'm fairly certain that some of the countries in that part of the world have a fairly liberal death sentence policy, at least compared to some western countries.

They're not UAE so not the same.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

This Apple needs to be eaten !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

In other news the EU is taking google to court for something some might regard as similar,  I remember Peddle did something to not allow WP integration, google wouldn't let MS develop youtube,  etc etc etc.

Like it or not, its the way they do business.  They are simply shielding there product sales base.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I can't believe this bullshit.

So along with pebble, Microsoft apps such as Office is being pulled off the app store?

AND Google Apps such as Drive or Maps?!!

They all likely mention Windows or Android somewhere in the meta data!

SO glad I switched to Android!

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

So along with pebble, Microsoft apps such as Office is being pulled off the app store?

No they don't. Here's a quote of the description of Office on the App store, it's prefectly fine : 

Now Word documents look better than ever on your tablet and phone. When you edit or create documents, you can be confident they will look exactly how you want across PC, Mac, tablet and phone. Word has the familiar Office look and feel along with an intuitive touch experience, so you’ll be up and running in no time.

I find it very hard to believe they will pull any of those apps. They will probably just force Google and Microsoft to rewrite their descriptions, or simply make exceptions for them.

Okay... As much as I want an iPhone and like OS X/iOS... This kinda turns me off. I have $25 worth of shit on my iTunes account for games. I am starting to wish I could get that money back and put it in PayPal now...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

And somehow I manage to dislike Apple even more. Looks like Pebble scared Apple more than Apple wants to admit. So does that mean anything like software for a Jawbone Up have been removed as well?

For gods sake, they block anyone who gives their product a bad review on their own networks inside the apple store.

EVGA did this to HARDOCP when they spoke negatively of their power supplies, are you stunned that companies don't like being told that their products are bad?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

apple is sitting on its ass. waiting for steve jobs to come back to life

doing ullshit stuff like this

I have no idea what that means.

I have no idea what that means.

I think it means he doesn't understand the topic but wants to express his dissatisfaction with apple anyway.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.