3 out of 4 PC Gamers own an Nvidia GPU

marvin968

No one buys the 290 series anymore in Indonesia lol. The 970 fucked everything on the market xD

No one buys the 290 series anymore in Indonesia lol. The 970 fucked everything on the market xD

I heard from friend the price is fucked up there, he said you can get a 970 for a price of a reference 290. Is it true? xD

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Unless it changed since my last Nvidia GPU (gtx 470) the Nvidia panel has more settings options in the drivers themselves. Now there's other software that enables thoses  for AMD too but that's not part of the drivers.

There's a couple more options like ambient occlusion and a bit more control over texture filtering or AA, but honestly I always use ingame options.  Ever since deferred rendering took off I never touched that stuff since it never does anything useful.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I heard from friend the price is fucked up there, he said you can get a 970 for a price of a reference 290. Is it true? xD

maybe the price of the 290 is more expensive because of miners?

the current drivers are fine on my r9 270x but not my HD7990. so it's 50/50

At the same time that's an older dual gpu card. (yes, the 270x is a rebrand, but since it's still being sold drivers get optimized better for it), so it's not quite an apples to apples comparison.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

hahaha yes. the distributors never lower prices. they stay the same. I bought a secondhand MSI 970 Gaming 4g for the price of a Gigabyte 290 windforce.  the difference between the cheapest and most expensive 970 is like 100+ dollars here. 

Your wrong.

Study finds 3/4 people are being milked harder than cows.

People are going so overboard. A 290x is 30 dollars more expensive than a gtx 970 in denmark...I have owned many AMD cards but I don't get how people who own Nvidia cards are being portrayed as some kind of stupid sheep.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

People are going so overboard. A 290x is 30 dollars more expensive than a gtx 970 in denmark...I have owned many AMD cards but I don't get how people who own Nvidia cards are being portrayed as some kind of stupid sheep.

What? The R9 290X is generally slightly cheaper than the GTX 970, not $30 more expensive. The 3 cheapest 290X models on pcpartpicker are $280, the 3 cheapest GTX 970 models are $295-311. Remove the rebates and the 3 cheapest 290Xs are $300-310, while the 3 cheapest GTX 970s are $297-315.

What? The R9 290X is generally slightly cheaper than the GTX 970, not $30 more expensive. The 3 cheapest 290X models on pcpartpicker are $280, the 3 cheapest GTX 970 models are $295-311. Remove the rebates and the 3 cheapest 290Xs are $300-310, while the 3 cheapest GTX 970s are $297-315.

i just looked a prices on edbpriser as of today...quick search.

My point was that people are overstating how much cheaper AMD is compared to Nvidia. There retoric in this threads make it seem like Nvidia is overcharging their cards by hundreds of dollars but the a  difference between 300-310$ and 297-315$ does not say "Exploitation" to me.

I really hope that AMD survives and gives us competition but I just don't get why Nvidia needs to be hauled over the coals for their pricing when the difference is so little as it is...and when it changes so much.

Wish that we didn't have to be so volatile and less biased.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

i just looked a prices on edbpriser as of today...quick search.

My point was that people are overstating how much cheaper AMD is compared to Nvidia. There retoric in this threads make it seem like Nvidia is overcharging their cards by hundreds of dollars but the a  difference between 300-310$ and 297-315$ does not say "Exploitation" to me.

I really hope that AMD survives and gives us competition but I just don't get why Nvidia needs to be hauled over the coals for their pricing when the difference is so little as it is...and when it changes so much.

Wish that we didn't have to be so volatile and less biased.

You must be extremely cherry picking. An Asus 290x DCUII, is ~100$ cheaper than an Asus 970 DCUII on edbpriser.dk, so idk what you are talking about. The difference can be smaller, if you choose the cheapest, crappiest, lowend 970, but that is hardly a comparison.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

You must be extremely cherry picking. An Asus 290x DCUII, is ~100$ cheaper than an Asus 970 DCUII on edbpriser.dk, so idk what you are talking about. The difference can be smaller, if you choose the cheapest, crappiest, lowend 970, but that is hardly a comparison.

A MSI 290x is among the cheapest 290x with after market coolers on EDBpriser at 2.834 kr.

a MSI 970 costs= 2.898 kr

Both are from MSI, both are after market coolers (Think they are the same coolers)

Thats not even a 100 kroner difference....and definently not a 100$ cheaper. Its 9,29 dollars difference to be exact.

Im really not trying to cherry pick. Im saying that the difference in price is not as big as people say.

I actually avoided any reference cards or any "lesser known" brands like Palit and Gainward.

As far as I can tell, the only brand where you could make that argument would be Asus, so who out of the two of us is the one doing the cherry picking? Especially since it is ONE retailer(Proshop) who has a very low price and everybody else have it priced in the neighborhood of 3000 kroner.

As far as I can tell, the only brand where you could make that argument would be Asus, so who out of the two of us is the one doing the cherry picking? Especially since it is ONE retailer(Proshop) who has a very low price and everybody else have it priced in the neighborhood of 3000 kroner.

Why buy anything more expensive then? You can get the Asus 290x for 100kr less on cdon, at 2290k as well. But yeah, the 290 series is a but overpriced in DK. But then again, it is the last stock emptying out, before the 300 series launch.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

A quick look on an Aussie website pouts the cheapest 290x $30 cheaper than the cheapest 970.  It they both bunny hop up from there depending on brand, cooler and OC.

In my mind it's still a matter of choose the best card you can afford that performs to your requirements.  Brand is irrelevant unless you want a brand specific feature.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

A quick look on an Aussie website pouts the cheapest 290x $30 cheaper than the cheapest 970.  It they both bunny hop up from there depending on brand, cooler and OC.

In my mind it's still a matter of choose the best card you can afford that performs to your requirements.  Brand is irrelevant unless you want a brand specific feature.

*starts PhysX cult for the sake of PhysX being a superior product*

*starts PhysX cult for the sake of PhysX being a superior product*

hahhahaha, I was actually thinking of that when I posted. 

It's not like there are actually that many features that work better on one that the other doesn't have an adequate solution for anyway.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Why buy anything more expensive then? You can get the Asus 290x for 100kr less on cdon, at 2290k as well. But yeah, the 290 series is a but overpriced in DK. But then again, it is the last stock emptying out, before the 300 series launch.

Which was my point. People scream and yell about how Nvidia is overcharging use quite extreme language...calling people sheep, or stupid for buying a product when the price difference generally is far less than people advertised. Its just not denmark. Many countries have similar prices. Just look at this thread.

Which was my point. People scream and yell about how Nvidia is overcharging use quite extreme language...calling people sheep, or stupid for buying a product when the price difference generally is far less than people advertised. Its just not denmark. Many countries have similar prices. Just look at this thread.

Yep, $30-$50 difference in this store: http://www.computeralliance.com.au/parts/video-cards

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It will vary from country to country and over time as well, even if Nvidia and AMD only have a single MSRP. So people do have to check prices.

I don't see anyone screaming about the GTX 970 being overpriced compared to the R9 290X. Both the 290X and 970 are arguably a bit overpriced compared to the 290... but still nothing too bad.

The GTX 980 and especially GTX Titan X are the overpriced cards. I can sort of understand and grudgingly accept having one overpriced card at the top-end when it's the fastest single-GPU card on the market. But having the second card overpriced too is not cool.

Still, it should be fixed as soon as AMD gets their shit together and release the 300 series.

(also, in fairness, it's not like AMD had the most attractive pricing on the 7970 and 7950 in the short period before Nvidia responded with the 680)

7PBSO7f.jpg

kmd2lPG.gif

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case