3 out of 4 PC Gamers own an Nvidia GPU

marvin968

What those graphs don't show is the noise level required to get those temperatures. Anandtech usually include noise levels graphs right after temperature and power consumption graphs which you failed to include, possibly because you are trying to paint a biased argument. OTOH, aftermarket coolers tend to be more quiet but they can still be loud depending on the fan curves and how much the manufacturer prioritized temps over noise. 

From the same review.

60576.png

So much bias.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

From the same review.

60576.png

So much bias.

Your going to get that from theses forums. None of them actually look at the numbers. They just hear and see what  they want. And thats AMD sucks and they go spew it all over the place.

From the same review.

60576.png

So much bias.

Your going to get that from theses forums. None of them actually look at the numbers. They just hear and see what  they want. And thats AMD sucks and they go spew it all over the place.

A lot of Nvidia fanboys forget that a GTX 970 uses nearly the same amount of power as an R9 290X for pretty much the same performance. As long as you remain calm and pick their fervent arguments apart with solid evidence, you'll always win. And note that I buy what performs the best within my budget while being quick and convenient to acquire. (I've always gone with the best possible since my first 386 DX 40 rig-including the Celerons that pretty much made a Pentium II seem pointless).

Edit: also, a lot of people forget to link the source of their evidence when 'defending' a product.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I think amd is gonna end up doing the flop and breaking its face within the next few years.

be7.jpg

Your going to get that from theses forums. None of them actually look at the numbers. They just hear and see what they want. And thats AMD sucks and they go spew it all over the place.

Welcome to the forum where we generalize everyone and assume things 8)

From the same review.

60576.png

So much bias.

What that shows me is that a Reference 290X is still louder and hotter than a reference 780 and 780 Ti.

It's only when using an Aggressive third party cooler that the 290X shines. Which means AMD need to get better reference coolers.

So do NVIDIA mind, the new Titan X's cooler is at it's very most limits as well.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

What that shows me is that a Reference 290X is still louder and hotter than a reference 780 and 780 Ti.

It's only when using an Aggressive third party cooler that the 290X shines. Which means AMD need to get better reference coolers.

So do NVIDIA mind, the new Titan X's cooler is at it's very most limits as well.

No ones debating that their reference cooler sucks. Most of us know not to buy reference unless we want to watercool. The argument as far as I could tell is AMD cards are hot and loud. And someone simply linked showing that with an aftermarket cooled design there perfectly fine.  Nvidia was in the same position with their GTX 480 which consumed more power and was even hotter then 290x. I'm sure AMD will learn from that mistake and bring us better reference coolers this time.

No ones debating that their reference cooler sucks. Most of us know not to buy reference unless we want to watercool. The argument as far as I could tell is AMD cards are hot and loud. And someone simply linked showing that with an aftermarket cooled design there perfectly fine.  Nvidia was in the same position with their GTX 480 which consumed more power and was even hotter then 290x. I'm sure AMD will learn from that mistake and bring us better reference coolers this time.

If they can actually afford it that. They are in a tight spot.

PMSL

The teraflop?

xD

PMSL

Well I bet another company will bring up AMD but there is no way AMD is going to grow bigger than Nvidia.

Pretty much

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Like some people always recommends Nvidia cards........claiming that heat output is less than AMD cards and they have stable drivers unlike AMD.

A lot of Nvidia fanboys forget that a GTX 970 uses nearly the same amount of power as an R9 290X for pretty much the same performance. As long as you remain calm and pick their fervent arguments apart with solid evidence, you'll always win. And note that I buy what performs the best within my budget while being quick and convenient to acquire. (I've always gone with the best possible since my first 386 DX 40 rig-including the Celerons that pretty much made a Pentium II seem pointless).

Edit: also, a lot of people forget to link the source of their evidence when 'defending' a product.

The fanboys that i seen recommending Nvidia cards never actually have evidence to back up their proof...on this forum.

The fanboys that i seen recommending Nvidia cards never actually have evidence to back up their proof...on this forum.

I'd have evidence.....if I had an R9 290/290X G1 gaming to compare to my GTX 970 G1 Gaming, I could end most debates about which card is hotter/performs better/uses less power.

PMSL

I'd have evidence.....if I had an R9 290/290X G1 gaming to compare to my GTX 970 G1 Gaming, I could end most debates about which card is hotter/performs better/uses less power.

Others say irreverent things like "Stable Drivers" or "Nvidia features"

Others say irreverent things like "Stable Drivers" or "Nvidia features"

Which pisses me off, but Nvidia and AMD do need to optimize their drivers to get around the poor coding in most games, and their cards do have feature sets that one person might need more.

PMSL

That's cute.

(sitting here with R9 290, Don't have any complaints)

Let's face it. If AMD messes the next thing up they will die.

That could be the last big try with ZEN. 

At least I hope if they fail a other Company takes over AMD. Google CPU's,GPU's!

Highly doubtful.

They still have excellent GPU's.

Sad but true. It's especially frustrating when right now they offer AMAZING value for almost the whole lineup. Even the 970 is currently way more expensive than a 290x.

the 290x is an inferior product...

the 290x is an inferior product...

No it isn't, considering it is a lot older than the GTX 970 and still trades blows at 1080p, slightly pulls ahead at 2K and beats the 970 at 4K, all for about the same price or less.

PMSL

Nor do you provide any proof to back up your claim 8)

Nor do you provide any proof to back up your claim 8)

True..

Welcome to the land of LTT where people just talk crap and flame wars start.

True..

Welcome to the land of LTT where people just talk crap and flame wars start.

You forgot 'where AMD burns'.

PMSL