Sweet!

Also cool to see a new sponsor :D

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Been waiting to watch this.
I can't wait to get mine.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Was going to say "INB4 "Thanks Nick"".

Already three people have done so...

It is really, really fun you say Linus, would you say, Super Fun?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

After linus's Tweet yesterday i have been waiting on the forums for today's video

This drone looks like it could be really fun to use filming people doing competitive of freestyle downhill skiing. Does anyone know what the environmental tolerances on these sorts of devices are? Especially cold. (I imagine that they don't work the best.)

tunnel bear? What happened to the deal with hotspot shield?

Hotspot Shield hasn't been on the show for like... 8 or 9 months :P

I can't help but wonder why each video is titled 1a,1b,1c. not Part 1,2,3...

Anyway, great video!

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

This drone looks like it could be really fun to use filming people doing competitive of freestyle downhill skiing. Does anyone know what the environmental tolerances on these sorts of devices are? Especially cold. (I imagine that they don't work the best.)

Lithium Ion batteries don't perform well in the cold, so I'd imagine they wouldn't do that well :(

My thought process when I see stuff about higher-end drones:
- "That's the coolest thing ever, I want one"

- "It costs how much now? Well for what it is I guess that's fair"
- "hold on... there are so many other things I'd rather spend that much money on. I think I'll stick with my $60 toy quadcopter"

I can't help but wonder why each video is titled 1a,1b,1c. not Part 1,2,3...

Presumably so they can do another one down the line if they want without renaming. Given how well it turned out another Scrapyard Wars with different budget/goals/restrictions/etc would be a damn good idea.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

My thought process when I see stuff about higher-end drones:

- "That's the coolest thing ever, I want one"

- "It costs how much now? Well for what it is I guess that's fair"

- "hold on... there are so many other things I'd rather spend that much money on. I think I'll stick with my $60 toy quadcopter"

Presumably so they can do another one down the line if they want without renaming. Given how well it turned out another Scrapyard Wars with different budget/goals/restrictions/etc would be a damn good idea.

I see,

More evidence that i should always assume that these guys know exactly what they are doing

[Most of the time]

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Lithium Ion batteries don't perform well in the cold, so I'd imagine they wouldn't do that well :(

There are hacks available to solve this problem.

Like insulating tape, and those chemical handwarmers.

The weight would mess it up though, and too much heat is bad.

That is exactly why Scrapyard Wars is 1a to 1c for the first episode. Second episode (definitely going to happen) will start with 2a

Hey, I recently bought around $780 of exercise equipment with your promo code. I'm saying this because I was wondering if you can see what's purchased when you get a cut, and I wanted to know if you actually got any money from it, which would indicate that I did it the right way.

Hey, I recently bought around $780 of exercise equipment with your promo code. I'm saying this because I was wondering if you can see what's purchased when you get a cut, and I wanted to know if you actually got any money from it, which would indicate that I did it the right way.

Yeah I get a report, but without knowing the exact item and date I wouldn't be able to verify it. It's a long list :P

Only slightly related to the video, but.

I'd post a load more stuff on the forum if the discussion thread were embedded below the video, replacing the comments iframe.

Are there any javascript whizkids who can make a greasemonkey script to do that?

Editing the iframe's src value manually embeds the site, so I know it works.

Yeah I get a report, but without knowing the exact item and date I wouldn't be able to verify it. It's a long list :P

Well they were three separate purchases. Two of those would be for one SelectTech 1090s, and the other one would be for a SelectTech Bench 5.1. I had to do them separately so I could have three separate receipts (long story).

Linus, it looks like you had tons of fun making this video, but perhaps before you make the next drone video, you should make sure you don't break the law (repeatedly)while you do so

Transport Canada expects you to follow these basic Do’s and Don’ts.

Do

• Only fly your aircraft during daylight and in good weather (not in clouds or fog).

• Always keep your aircraft in sight, where you can see it with your own eyes – not only through an on-board camera, monitor or smartphone.

• Make sure your aircraft is safe for flight before take-off. Ask yourself, for example, are the batteries fully charged? Is it too cold to fly?

• Know if you need permission to fly and when to apply for a Special Flight Operations Certificate

• Respect the privacy of others – avoid flying over private property or taking photos or videos without permission.

Don’t fly:

• Closer than 9 km from any airport, heliport, or aerodrome.

• Higher than 90 metres from above the ground.

• Closer than 150 metres from people, animals, buildings, structures, or vehicles.

• In populated areas or near large groups of people, including sporting events, concerts, festivals, and firework shows.

• Near moving vehicles, avoid highways, bridges, busy streets or anywhere you could endanger or distract drivers.

• Within restricted airspace, including near or over military bases, prisons, and forest fires.

• Anywhere you may interfere with first responders

I don't mean to be an ass, but my uncle's dad works for Transport Canada and fines people for UAV operation all the time. 

4.6 Penalties

1. Transport Canada is serious about safety. Using your UAV in a reckless and negligent manner (e.g. not complying with the conditions in the exemptions) could lead to penalties and fines.  Additionally this type of negligence could cause fatalities, resulting in lawsuits, fines and jail time.
  2. Penalties may be assessed in the amount of $5,000 for individuals and $25,000 for corporations for those that should be operating under an SFOC, but are not.
  3. The Criminal Code of Canada describes several offences involving the dangerous operation of aircraft and endangering the safety of other aircraft. Committing such offences is punishable by monetary enalties and/or jail time including imprisonment for life.
  4. Other penalties may apply against other regulations outlined in section 2.1.

And you just posted your own video evidence on YouTube 

5:48 

Usain Bolt has competition 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III