Konami PC game sales surpass Xbox One

deathjester

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/pc-becomes-a-viable-platform-for-konami-unit-sales-increased-by-8-performing-better-than-xbox-one/

"According to Konami’s results, PC sales accounted for 10% of total units sold (last year’s PC sales accounted for only 2%). Therefore, the PC platform was able to surpass Xbox One (and all handheld consoles) and is now head to head with X360."

Awesome to see. Can't wait for the new Metal Gear. Hopefully this will get more Japanese titles on PC. While I am not a big fan of JRPG's of the Anime variety, I know many PC Gamers who are and always had to add a console to play many of the JRPG games. I am sure people would kill to have a game like Persona on PC.

Hopefully many of these Japanese developers take note. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Feel likes its kind of a sensational thing right here. Pc is only 1/10 of their sales. Yeah it passes xbone, but doesnt touch ps3 OR ps4 sales. 

that being said, its still growing. so right now, no its not competitiive really, but who knows what the future holds. it has promise, but it still small.

Expeically since the ps3 sales, are nearly identical to the new ps3+ps4 sales. so pc hasnt grown reltive to that. nor has it grow reltive to the xboxs combined.

yeah its beating xbox 360, but thats because xbox 360 users moved to the xbone.

Now if only Nintendo would wake the fuck up and realize how much they could make off of the PC market.

Nintendo games are first party though. Only way it would happen is if Nintendo would switch to a streaming service. Funny that all the console makers want to do this or are talking about this, but the only one it would really work for is Nintendo with it's cartoonish graphics on our internet infrastructure.

Photo realistic graphics, competitive multiplayer (latency) streaming is a pipe dream for MS. For Nintendo? It is very possible. They have thousands of first party games going back to the 80's they could stream and they could probably come close to streaming Wii U in the next few years.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

i really hope we start to get more Japanese games, coming to pc rather then just console. 

Now if only Nintendo would wake the fuck up and realize how much they could make off of the PC market.

I think they are scared of the potential piracy.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

PS3 is still the biggest console in Japan I think. Last gen is heavily pirated. Doubt piracy is a concern. More about relationships with consoles (specifically the Japanese ones), always having made the games for consoles. We see fighting games coming to PC now that would never have before, and architecture in the new consoles being X86/GCN is probably the main reason. 

Even if piracy was as big a problem as people make it out to be (it isn't when you factor in used games sales on the consoles) the ports are not a ton of work like in the past and you will make money doing it.

This is very true, Nintendo is cracking down on sites that share ROMs for consoles/arcade machines from the 80s.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

PC is a bigger market if you make good games and ports. Making PC more accessible and affordable which can easily be done through the spreading of knowledge about PCs will make the market far more viable which we have seen from these results.

Problem is, companies still think PC gamers are all pirates and many consumers believe that to play on PC you need to spend $3000.

Also, stupid belief that pirated copies were potential sales. Ask any pirate and they will not buy a game if they can't pirate it.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Nintendo games are first party though. Only way it would happen is if Nintendo would switch to a streaming service. Funny that all the console makers want to do this or are talking about this, but the only one it would really work for is Nintendo with it's cartoonish graphics on our internet infrastructure.

Photo realistic graphics, competitive multiplayer (latency) streaming is a pipe dream for MS. For Nintendo? It is very possible. They have thousands of first party games going back to the 80's they could stream and they could probably come close to streaming Wii U in the next few years.

Personally I think it's just someone in charge is a complete and total moron. I seem to recall one of their highers up saying that "users don't want online multiplayer" or some such bullshit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't think nintendo will bend to pc market. If they would the sales from nintendo consoles would plummet. There a lot of nintendo fans and the only reason why they buy those consoles is to play their games.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Feel likes its kind of a sensational thing right here. Pc is only 1/10 of their sales. Yeah it passes xbone, but doesnt touch ps3 OR ps4 sales. 

that being said, its still growing. so right now, no its not competitiive really, but who knows what the future holds. it has promise, but it still small.

Expeically since the ps3 sales, are nearly identical to the new ps3+ps4 sales. so pc hasnt grown reltive to that. nor has it grow reltive to the xboxs combined.

yeah its beating xbox 360, but thats because xbox 360 users moved to the xbone.

It's pretty significant considering not all their games are on PC.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

nintendo needs to wake up about alot of things. but i am fine with nintendo just making games for nintendo, they do it right at least and give you finished works of art. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

This is very true, Nintendo is cracking down on sites that share ROMs for consoles/arcade machines from the 80s.

which is retarded because they don't sell those products anymore and thus aren't losing a cent. They're just dickheads.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

which is retarded because they don't sell those products anymore and thus aren't losing a cent. They're just dickheads.

Well like I said, Nintendo could easily do a streaming service and many of those games from simpler days could be played on a tablet/phone because you do not need 15 buttons and three directional joysticks to play them.

Nintendo is sitting on a gold mine imo with a streaming service and is the only ones who could really make it work. They are the ones with the first party library. They are the ones with a graphics style that can be streamed on our internet infrastructure.

Compare Microsoft's first party Xbox library to someone like Nintendo. They have...

Forza, Killer Instinct and Halo which was third party but they bought out, and Mine Craft which they bought out and that is it. I think Nintendo is doing this with emulators for a reason and that reason is a streaming service.  I think a lot of people would pay something like 5-10 bucks a month to play games like excitebike, mario's zelda's on their phone, tablets etc. I mean hell look at what silly mobile games that are not even that good bring in for revenue.

I'd settle with Square realizing the exact same thing and giving proper support to Eidos

-------

Current Rig

-------

Not many PC adopters in Japan. Those who use PC still use IE6 for the most part. Don't judge.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

I'm still waiting for the day i can play monster hunter with my friends on pc. :<

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Now this. This is funny.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

No please no Nintendo distribution platform on PC NO NO NO

we dont need another uplay / Origin / Steam  :o

and we know nintendo they would make one if they go into the pc market

Well like I said, Nintendo could easily do a streaming service and many of those games from simpler days could be played on a tablet/phone because you do not need 15 buttons and three directional joysticks to play them.

Nintendo is sitting on a gold mine imo with a streaming service and is the only ones who could really make it work. They are the ones with the first party library. They are the ones with a graphics style that can be streamed on our internet infrastructure.

Compare Microsoft's first party Xbox library to someone like Nintendo. They have...

Forza, Killer Instinct and Halo which was third party but they bought out, and Mine Craft which they bought out and that is it. I think Nintendo is doing this with emulators for a reason and that reason is a streaming service.  I think a lot of people would pay something like 5-10 bucks a month to play games like excitebike, mario's zelda's on their phone, tablets etc. I mean hell look at what silly mobile games that are not even that good bring in for revenue.

They also patented an emulator for Game Boy so they're definitely up to something.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

this!

end exclusives :3 PLEASE

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This is great news, and will surely secure a PC version of many future Konami games.

Um that destroys the purpose of buying a console? I don't see Sony putting their exclusives on PC