ABC going to revive ‘BattleBots’ As Summer Reality Series ( robot wars are back!

ahhming

The battling robots are back! Twelve years after BattleBots ended its run on Comedy Central, ABC has picked up a reimagined take of the killer robot combat sport, from Whalerock Industries and the creators of the original BattleBots franchise, Ed Roski and Greg Munson. Former ABC topper Lloyd Braun executive produces the project, which has received a six-episode order to air this summer.

Like the original, the new series will feature  homemade robots battling against each other in a single elimination tournament style format, until there is one champion. Of course, it will bring the franchise to 2015 with next generation robots – bigger, faster and stronger. The show also will have a greater emphasis on the design and build elements of each robot, the bot builder backstories, their intense pursuit of the championship and the spectacle of the event. There will be cash prizes for winners in the Championship Rounds.

HYPE!!

one of my favorite child hood show

http://deadline.com/2015/02/battlebots-revival-reality-series-abc-summer-1201367663/

HOLY SH(* YES!!! 

LOVE THAT SHOW. watched it when I was very young and thats it, I still play a game based on it. robot wars

Robot wars UK >>>>

killalot_edited.jpg

-BUILD-

CPU: INTEL I5 4690K GRAPHICS CARD: GIGABYTE 970 G1 2.5GB CASE: NZXT S340|BLACK MOBO: MSI Z97S KRAIT EDITION CPU COOLER: CORSAIR H100i 

RAM: HYPERX FURY 2X4GB|WHITE PSU: CORSAIR RM850 850W FULLY MODULAR STORAGE: 1TB WD BLUE HDD OS: WINDOWS 8.1

"Roboteers...STAND BY."

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury

The box is locked the lights are on it's robot fighting time! :D

Awesome, been watching the Combots cup and uh... I forget the name of the other one run by the same people for a little bit now. I'm excited to see BattleBots come back. Though last I saw it was really dumbed down. So was RobotWars. Like the RW arena was barely big enough for the two bots let alone the house bots they had. Hope the full glorious BattleBots arena gets used.

Animated+heavy+breathing+cat+heavy+breat

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

"Roboteers...STAND BY."

"ACTIVATE!" 

-BUILD-

CPU: INTEL I5 4690K GRAPHICS CARD: GIGABYTE 970 G1 2.5GB CASE: NZXT S340|BLACK MOBO: MSI Z97S KRAIT EDITION CPU COOLER: CORSAIR H100i 

RAM: HYPERX FURY 2X4GB|WHITE PSU: CORSAIR RM850 850W FULLY MODULAR STORAGE: 1TB WD BLUE HDD OS: WINDOWS 8.1

i always liked hypnodisc

Its all about those volumetric clouds

So, this might not qualify as Tech News exactly, but it's still friggin awesome.

BATTLEBOTS SET TO RETURN  THIS SUMMER!

http://gizmodo.com/battlebots-is-back-after-ten-years-and-its-bound-to-be-1684321001?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Oh hell yes: BattleBots is coming back to TV. This summer, homemade robots will battle to the death on television, just as Asimov intended. They'll be faster and stronger than ever before.Which makes sense, because the last time BattleBots was on television was over a decade ago. Imagine what they could do now.

The only sad part I find, is that Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage's robot Blendo will apparently not make a return to the fighting scene. It was one of my favorite robots because of it's propensity to be asked to withdraw from tournaments due to the amount of destruction it caused. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blendo

And it's worth noting that BattleBots production company Whalerock Industries also pays the bills at Tested, where our friends Adam and Jamie of Mythbusters fame (and other smart folks) play with hot new tech all the time. Did you know Jamie and Adam used to compete on BattleBots? You do now. Though it looks like Adam, at least, has given up the ring:

Here's hoping to see some amazing robots this time around, especially with a decade of technological development between the last Battlebots and this one.

Edit: I can find no word on whether or not Grant Imahara and his robot Deadblow will return

Edit the second: Some videos for people to watch

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Read Battletoads first..

Still pretty cool! Watched a small bit on YouTube and I'm very interested.

I hope Grant will be in it too :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

damn

read it as Battletoads :(

Is that a thing? Because that totally needs to be a thing

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

omg

DAMN.

Either way, belongs in tech news in my opinion :P

goddamn, yeah, about time, hopefully the EU can watch it normally too, loved this show so much as kid.

faster and stronger bots.

THISGONBGUD.gif

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

┏( -_-)┛┗( -_- )┓┗( -_-)┛┏( -_-)┓

\1086986_555946194497229_720309508_q.jpg/  <- Yaay!

Just make a robot with a radio jammer that jams all radio signals other than yours.

Autowin.

Not allowed within the rules, as are anything with liquids, netting, projectiles, or flame aside from aethetic purposes that last no longer than like... 5 seconds or something like that. And I think they completely disallowed flame in the later years. Could be wrong. but yea you're not allowed to jam signals or anything like that. You have to actually beat your opponent.

got nothing on robot wars (uk)

damn wish this was still around

I used to love watching that.

Sig under construction.